Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I like the changes to avalanche. However the change to globe is a mistake, that's the one thing that makes him a viable and amazing frame. Honestly as someone who plays frost almost exclusively (61% on FP alone) this upsets me. Its a non mobile iron skin that protects him and his team and that's getting a Nerf ? That basically make him not worth using in high level game play without using all you energy to just keep it up. I would rather a duration nerf then that kick to the teeth. Ill still play him but im pretty sure you just killed my favorite frame. Thanks DE, thanks so much.

Having no damage cap on it was dumb, Frost became a must have for Def missions.

Let me remind you that the Vauban players said that the change to bastille was going to kill Vauban, and no one was going to play him anymore.

It just needs more health but having no damage cap on it was too powerful.

Edited by Wynn

??? Why would they speed up casting on Avalanche? Doesnt everything get Frozen? That means that casting speed doesnt matter.

It matters when something outside the AoE of Avalanche is filling you full of holes like swiss cheese while you're casting and unable to move or do anything.

Edited by Xylia

First off, there are plenty of other threads. All you're going to accomplish is making the mods turn all these into a Megathread.

Secondly, balance requires more than just buffing. If the end result is 4 useful abilities rather than 1 dominating ability, it's a win in my book.

Not really. When the shield can be taken out with 1 at 30-40 range. Pretty sure thats what I want to hear in pugs groups. SPAME SHIELD NOOB..... 4 Is complete useless unless they add into the function for a full stun CC.

Let me remind you that the Vauban players said that the change to bastille was going to kill Vauban, and no one was going to play him anymore.

I dunno, man, the last time I saw a Vauban was when I used him for a solo infested defense mission a week ago, and that was purely because I felt sure I could churn enough infested to keep them from reaching the pod.

It's not a nerf, it's a balance. As it is, it trivializes certain aspects of the game into an 'auto win' scenario.

T3 def gets awfully hectic in later waves. It certainly doesn't feel autowin even with an unnerfed globe keeping the pod from being casually oneshot from the other side of the map.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

1] it was obvious this was going to happen eventually ever since they changed Iron Skin.

2] 3500 hp is definitely too low, but the general concept behind the Snowglobe nerf is absolutely legitimate.

3] They are also buffing Frost's other powers so he won't only have one skill in his arsenal and that's great.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Not really. When the shield can be taken out with 1 at 30-40 range. Pretty sure thats what I want to hear in pugs groups. SPAME SHIELD NOOB..... 4 Is complete useless unless they add into the function for a full stun CC.

You're under the impression that the ability has already been released.

Please see the history of Rhino's balance for reference.

They're making avalanche a standard nuke with below-standard damage. They're serious too.

They need to understand that Warframe Powers are simply not working because modding them to where they'll actually do anything acceptable to higher level enemies is ridiculously hard to do. Once you get into T3 Defense... you might as well not even bother with damage powers; the only useful stuff are healing, utility and CC.

Which is why Defense was all Nyx, Frost, Vauban, Trinity, etc.

Why would you do this DE.. The globe has 3500 hp. This is nothing.

Iron Skin only has 1200 and only shields one person.

Snow globe was frosts ONLY useful skill, and my main frame i play, please revert it and stick it back to a timer much like trinity's blessing.

Clearly if it was his ONLY useful skill all his skills should be checked up on and made to feel more useful. Trinity's Blessing is a fourth skill taking more energy to use and does not have anywhere close to the duration of Frost's Snow Globe.

3500 hp will not last a second in the high gameplay.

Iron Skin seems to do a fairly decent job at higher level missions.

Why nerf Frost when other frames can just use damage to kill everything, Frost was one of the most useful frames ingame and it didn't make him invulnerable only stopping enemy fire, and even grineer napalms can penetrate the globe, shockwave Moa's can still hit through the globe, im pretty sure concentrated fire from a corpus tech would obliterate 3500hp & a bombard rocket would take it out in one hit.

This is exactly why Frost's skills need to be changed so that he can deal damage with skills instead of being a block of ice on a pod.

Damage dealt into the globe is dependent on the radius of it, whether you choose to stand on the very edge or in the center.

Concentrated fire on anything should blow it up. I don't expect to stand in the middle of 50 Grineer Bombards and survive, let alone get out of a knockdown royale.