Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

what happend when you shot globe now... do you deal dmg to it..? Btw do i need to mod it to power stranght now because till now it was power duration so what now? (im 24/7 frost player and i need to know more) but if its take power and time to take than f*** it rly... you make globe and it will be there forever?... abut if you make it on hp than what infinitive time?

Edited by LostShadow

So, you took away the only thing that was as useful at early game as it is in highlevels - the Snowglobe, and made it a giant and quite weak bullet-sponge that will be crushed in 4-5 seconds tops on Nuovo! Why in the world have you come up with such a thing? Why couldn't you give his other abilities some use aside from "lolpress for damage that will probably don't kill anything"? If his Ice Blast could actually freeze a bunch of fellas for a while it could be much more useful at higher levels. If his Ice Wave could create that Void's ice floor thing that makes him run faster, but slows down anything else... you know, some utility aside from damage - it could give Frost much more use and potential at gameplay. 

what happend when you shot globe now... do you deal dmg to it..?

lol.

Good Question, do the globes ignore player damage, or is it "Whoopsie, I just one-shot my own teammate's globe with an Ogris/Penta/Stug/Whatever"?

Utility de,utility... We dont need damage.. We dont need it. Avalance ,it doesnt need damage,i think that most of the playerbase would be ok woth that.. Avalance stunning for 10sec,or knockback everyone would be better than any damage skill that has a fixed amount of damage.. Nova ult would also be good w/o the explosions just the debuffs. The whole forum is telling you this DE, the whole.. just listen to them

Utility de,utility... We dont need damage.. We dont need it. Avalance ,it doesnt need damage,i think that most of the playerbase would be ok woth that.. Avalance stunning for 10sec,or knockback everyone would be better than any damage skill that has a fixed amount of damage.. Nova ult would also be good w/o the explosions just the debuffs. The whole forum is telling you this DE, the whole.. just listen to them

sry for english

Edited by GhostWOlf995

So, you took away the only thing that was as useful at early game as it is in highlevels - the Snowglobe, and made it a giant and quite weak bullet-sponge that will be crushed in 4-5 seconds tops on Nuovo! Why in the world have you come up with such a thing? Why couldn't you give his other abilities some use aside from "lolpress for damage that will probably don't kill anything"? If his Ice Blast could actually freeze a bunch of fellas for a while it could be much more useful at higher levels. If his Ice Wave could create that Void's ice floor thing that makes him run faster, but slows down anything else... you know, some utility aside from damage - it could give Frost much more use and potential at gameplay. 

You have Loki as starter frame. Disarm.

The Vauban.

And so much more if you will be creative with your team and different warframes.

"Evaporates from a single level 40 [Elite Lancer] shooting at it" is not a fairly decent job. :|

Oh you know just about all the squishier warframes will "evaporate" in seconds then.

EDIT: Also I guess that it means it will take 3 shots then. ;)

Edited by Verryn

Why would you do this DE.. The globe has 3500 hp. This is nothing.

Snow globe was frosts ONLY useful skill, and my main frame i play, please revert it and stick it back to a timer much like trinity's blessing.

3500 hp will not last a second in the high gameplay.

Why nerf Frost when other frames can just use damage to kill everything, Frost was one of the most useful frames ingame and it didn't make him invulnerable only stopping enemy fire, and even grineer napalms can penetrate the globe, shockwave Moa's can still hit through the globe, im pretty sure concentrated fire from a corpus tech would obliterate 3500hp & a bombard rocket would take it out in one hit.

I do not approve of this nerf.

we can just globe stack like how vauban bastille stacks

You would have to keep spamming it to have any use in highish level places, like ceres and up. In t3 void the enemies deal insane amounts of damage very fast so as a frost you would HAVE to keep spamming it just to keep the pod from dying.

using raw numbers on frosts snowglobe mean that it won't scale past a certain point.

instead, i'd say mitigating incoming damage via snowglobe.

incoming ordinance can penetrate the globe but reduce the impact of it by a percentage that can be scaled up with fusion. capping at something like 95% and otherwise maintain the current design of snowglobe.

this reduces is "god mode" for defense but doesn't remove it's functionality above wave 50 (as the raw HP design would)

Hey everyone,

Making this post prior to U12 on PC's release (coming soon!), because as everything is coming together, there have been changes made to Frost's powers that ought to be shared and discussed for further review.

Changes:

Freeze (Codename Ice Blast internally): Comparable to Ember's Fireball in casting time and result of impact/damage.

Avalanche: Increased casting speed and increased damage.

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Please discuss below your experiences with Frost and how you would balance his abilities with these changes in mind, as well as prepare to return to this thread after the Update has been deployed with further feedback.

Thanks, Tenno.

Clarification/FAQ 1: Will Strength Mods positively affect Snowglobes health after this change? Yes, they will!

So Frost being my main as of U6 or U7, can't remember which I'm glad he's finally getting looked at. But overall I'm not too happy with these new changes. So let's start at the beginning:

New Freeze - It's fine, and that's about it. It's fine. Nothing too grand about it which I suppose is okay for a 1 ability. Changes I'd recommend is making it an ice spear that punches through enemies, freezing the initial target and slowing the others. (Numbers are not my thing so I'll leave that alone)

No changes to Ice wave? I'm a bit sad about that. With so many of the newer frames their 2 abilities are great it seems odd that Ice Wave won't get anything new. 

Snow Globe - I'm... still on the fence with this one. I'll remain optimistic till I get a chance to test it out for myself. Mostly it's because I've known Snow Globe has needed a fix for a while now. So I'm open to experimentation. 

Avalanche - My favorite CC ability seems to be gone down the drain with this increased cast time change. Before with Overextended/Stretch equipped Avalanche would turn into this glorious CC machine that froze all enemies in a huge radius for 4-5 seconds an I loved that. Didn't matter to me that the damage was junk because damage isn't Frost's purpose.

In general, and this may just be my opinion, but I feel Frost's purpose in Warframe is a CC tank. A frame to protect his allies by stopping or slowing their enemies. And giving him damage buffs but cutting his crowd control  makes him lose that purpose. I don't want Avalanche to be a "Press 4 to clear entire room" ability. Also with the addition to making strength mods a priority on Frost for snowglobe that takes away from some of his more defensive mod options. Feels to me that his team play is going to be lacking from here on out unless some of these abilities are changed. For a frame named Frost, he sure doesn't seem to have many ice type abilities. They're named as such but what they do doesn't reflect ice very well at all. More slows, more freezes and lower damage is perfectly fine with me.

First off, there are plenty of other threads. All you're going to accomplish is making the mods turn all these into a Megathread.

Secondly, balance requires more than just buffing. If the end result is 4 useful abilities rather than 1 dominating ability, it's a win in my book.

how do you figure 4 useful skills as opposed to 1 they arent doing anything to his other abilities just making him weaker