Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

WOW, simply wow... Frost = complete trash now... wonder how anyone will do 100 Wve Defense vs. anything but infested now... 3500 Health on Snowglob.. that not even 50% of what ONE enemy will do to it with ONE shot at highlevels... @(*()$ kidding me...

First off, there are plenty of other threads. All you're going to accomplish is making the mods turn all these into a Megathread.

Secondly, balance requires more than just buffing. If the end result is 4 useful abilities rather than 1 dominating ability, it's a win in my book.

agree, ready to discuss blessing and molecular prime?

I'm fine with Frost's snow globe some sort of finite value due to its overbearing usage prior to today. It reinforces the importance of defending the pod, but what it really does need to be instead is an incoming damage reduction sphere and allow warframe powers (friendly stuffs) to pass through it. All other incoming projectiles should be slowed down substantially.

Percentages scale, flat values don't. While it wouldn't be the most ideal mobile cover placement, it would help players hold a position a little more easily.

If sticking with the finite HP values for Snow Globe, it'd be best if the health values scaled with power strength.

Please add 100% proc chance to all of his powers for the freeze slowing effect. I am a long time Frost player, he is my most played Warframe, and it's a necessary change. He's been needing better CC since day 1 of Damage 2.0 because he lost his lingering slowing effects.

Agree with all of this, as someone who mastered every frame in the game several times over, this is ideal, as for all frames TBH, At least elemental.

You have Loki as starter frame. Disarm.

The Vauban.

And so much more if you will be creative with your team and different warframes.

Yeah, but Frost's video says: "can both protect and punish".

He kinda fails at "punish" thing because damage of any ability (exept MPrime) becomes useless rather quick, and now he sucks at "protection" thing. Vauban and Loki are viable at higher levels just because of utility, and if they are willing to give each frame some use and place there they need to give that utility to every frame.

Edited by Axurr

So Frost being my main as of U6 or U7, can't remember which I'm glad he's finally getting looked at. But overall I'm not too happy with these new changes. So let's start at the beginning:

New Freeze - It's fine, and that's about it. It's fine. Nothing too grand about it which I suppose is okay for a 1 ability. Changes I'd recommend is making it an ice spear that punches through enemies, freezing the initial target and slowing the others. (Numbers are not my thing so I'll leave that alone)

No changes to Ice wave? I'm a bit sad about that. With so many of the newer frames their 2 abilities are great it seems odd that Ice Wave won't get anything new. 

Snow Globe - I'm... still on the fence with this one. I'll remain optimistic till I get a chance to test it out for myself. Mostly it's because I've known Snow Globe has needed a fix for a while now. So I'm open to experimentation. 

Avalanche - My favorite CC ability seems to be gone down the drain with this increased cast time change. Before with Overextended/Stretch equipped Avalanche would turn into this glorious CC machine that froze all enemies in a huge radius for 4-5 seconds an I loved that. Didn't matter to me that the damage was junk because damage isn't Frost's purpose.

In general, and this may just be my opinion, but I feel Frost's purpose in Warframe is a CC tank. A frame to protect his allies by stopping or slowing their enemies. And giving him damage buffs but cutting his crowd control  makes him lose that purpose. I don't want Avalanche to be a "Press 4 to clear entire room" ability. Also with the addition to making strength mods a priority on Frost for snowglobe that takes away from some of his more defensive mod options. Feels to me that his team play is going to be lacking from here on out unless some of these abilities are changed. For a frame named Frost, he sure doesn't seem to have many ice type abilities. They're named as such but what they do doesn't reflect ice very well at all. More slows, more freezes and lower damage is perfectly fine with me.

I agree with you, frost isn't a damage frame hes a CC/defence frame i wish avalanche was a giant AoE slow then i would probably use it.

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Why are you nerfing something perfect? Frost was a great defence warframe, and with dmg 2.0 abilitys with health dont do any good at higher lvls. EX. Rhino's iron skin. Good for lvl 1-15 then one corpus tech will destroy it as soon as it is cast. 

So dont change frost;s best ability just like vauban and rhino. Plz DE stop nerfing perfect abiliteies that everyone loves

GHAHAHAHA

Is this for reals? All you Rhino scrubs out there: Lv3 Iron Skin has 1200 HP. How often do you need to recast that on T3 or Nightmare Missions? Keep in mind that Iron Skin only covers your frame and that you can run around to dodge shots if you're up against Corpus.

Now they change so that Snow Globe barely has 3 times the HP of that and it's big and stationary. Oh and it currently it blocks your own shots as well if you fire from outside to in, as well as AoE damage. A single T3 Corpus Tech will wreck that in within 1 reload. A single T3 Napalm will kill that in 2 shots thanks to lingering AoE. 1-2 T3 Moas will stomp it in no time. A single misfired Stug or Penta shot will break it.

This isn't Snowglobe anylonger, it's cheap foam globe now. 

Limited HP might work on Snowglobe, but then you'd have to give it AT LEAST enough HP to withstand shots from 5-6 T3 enemies for the duration of time it takes to revive someone that's bleeding out. Make the HP scale up with power strength as well and we might have something that works out. Current proposed changes is too much of an nerf.

Codename Ice Blast? So you mean it's going to be useless like Embers 1 because you can do more damage by shooting instead of wasting time at some cast animation? Is it also glitched like Embers 1 where you can kill yourself if you blast somewhere too close? I'm afraid I don't have any constructive advice how to go with this, but I can tell that the current planned changes is just going to result in another power that people call useless.

Edited by PrincessWhite