Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I'm cool with this. (Seewutididdere?)

Frost's snowglobe was notably overpowered, and you can keep it up indefinitely without even using the more powerful mods. Throw in a Team Energy Restore and bam, you're totally set (I know, I've done it).

This change helps make things a bit more interesting. Though yeah, you can still pretty much keep it up indefinitely, you have to be vigilant about it and gotta keep on your toes more often. This is good.

The rest of Frost's changes are also welcoming. He needed a damage buff. I just hope Ice Wave is also included in this - it's currently not very useful, and a bit too situational to even have equipped.

Edit: I like how most of the naysayers are simply raging about the change instead of giving actual constructive thoughts on the subject.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Despite popular belief, DE aren't made up of a bunch of monkeys. You can't tell them they are failures BEFORE they make a change.

3500hp on a globe is failure, and people say use maxed blind rage? yes 10k hp BUT the energy cost will be stupid high, and people say to stack the globes, you can't with a super high energy cost..

3500 health (before Focus etc. apply) is just too low later on. Like Iron Skin.

I'd rather see an "Absorbs XXX bullets before going down" than health, because enemies do MUCH more damage later on, while the amount of bullets only scales with the amount of enemies.

Same should apply to Iron Skin.

Not sure if this has been posted, but 2 things....

Can globes stack?

ALSO...

I think with this nerf, there should be a BIG change in how enemies interact with it.

Because this is now a strength skill, not a duration one, how about also not allowing enemies to pass through it until it's "health" is broken down.  Perhaps as the HP is being "chipped away" it will then allow more and more enemies to pass through it.  Let's be honest, a globe that can stop bullets but not an enemy?  I think this would be more realistic and make more sense if the globe was an impenetrable globe, that can take damage and begin to break as it takes damage.  As it deteriorates, it will then allow enemies to pass through until it's at 0 and vanishes. 

I think the base health at max rank should be increased a bit..3500 seems really low, maxing out at about 7k? That'll melt in endless defense, making him scale very badly in high end content...maybe if it got armor based on frosts armor to give it some survivability and perhaps make him want to use steel fiber if he wants to focus on defense?

Thing is, constantly nerfing things like this without nerfing the enemies as well is going to make the game harder in an unfun way. I'm sure us vets remember the weekend buff to enemy damage back in U7/8? Where corpus crewmen on Pluto could oneshot maxed out frosts and rhinos?

I'd rather see an "Absorbs XXX bullets before going down" than health, because enemies do MUCH more damage later on, while the amount of bullets only scales with the amount of enemies.

Same should apply to Iron Skin.

You know, that's a really good idea.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

You're under the impression that the ability has already been released.

Please see the history of Rhino's balance for reference.

I think you're under the impression that your a white knight of DE. The build clearly won't fit. Just cause it worked for Rhino doesn't quit necessary mean it will work for Frost. (How many times did they have to rework Rhino to make him usable ?)

What to know why ?

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Clarification/FAQ 1: Will Strength Mods positively affect Snowglobes health after this change? Yes, they will!

So now frost players are going to have to build straight strength in order to make globe even viable in longer matches. Yeah which is great for the 4th ability, but now lets move on to a few things.

How much is this going to cost now ?

Will I still need to bring Stretch ?

How about Frost survivability without having to rely on Globe ?

Will I need to rely on extended times to keep it up ?

Looking at all the changes before you decide to rework the ability's to look at the overall effect to the Frame not just the ones that demand attention.

Edited by Gravefire

snow globe should have 4x the HP iron skins does since it protect 4 people and usually some object in a defense mission

at least allow the slow of the globe to remain for the duration if the globe itself breaks. the slow was just as useful as the globe itself.a max narrowminded globe is pretty useful for the slows. but allow for the slow to remain.

I think 3.5k hp is also low considering 2 napalms can drop the globe in about 2 shots at level 23. the globe doesnt block AoE anyways so i think this change is just a nerf and doesnt help warframe in the slightest. if you reduced its energy cost to 25 with what you currently list then it might be worth it but as of now the globe will have no high tier viability outside of slowing infested enemies.

Did you even read the post about the Frost changes?

As a matter of fact I did and none of the other "changes" are actually changes, if you play Frost you know freeze has always been like the fireball, avalanch isnt changing its still going to be AoE freeze and Ice wave is staying the same SO why dont you tell me How they are improving frost through a huge nerf to his number 3 ability, not to mention what are you going to hide behind on long defense missions.

Wow do we need a death of Frost thread every 2mins?

Bastille,Iron Skin didn't kill the 2 frames when they got change Frost be fine, why don't you stop QQing and try to come up a better idea and use the feedback thread?

i always thought a similar thing with frosts snowglobe as i do with Rhino's irons skin, what i think is the both should have a health, that when reduced to 0 take a few seconds to disipate (extended by duration). so duration does nothing to the initial cast, but the "moment of dissipation" does.

What do you think?

I want to see frames that only have one good ability to become more viable in other situations. I don't think anyone is against that.

But why does that seem to translate to nerfing the hell out of the ability? Destroying snowglobe and giving out some meaningless damage buffs isn't going to fix anything or make his other skills suddenly more appealing. I really wish there was much more of a focus on building skills with utility that can be used across all levels. Cause it doesn't matter how many extra points you slap on a frames' direct damage ability, no one is going to use it past a certain level unless there is some kind of level scaling or utility.

Frames only have 4 abilities, so each and everyone should count for something. Why is the game designed for them to become useless the farther you proceed in level?

*sigh*

What can we do? Frost mains will be mad no matter what is said or done.

I wasn't there but this is probably how the Rhinos felt when Iron Skin was nerfed.

Fleeting Expertise doesn't really help with the Globe's duration, either.

Welp. Looks like I'm going to main other frames from now on.

Good for you! You should've moved on a while ago. ;)

Edited by Verryn

Sorry but until you guys stop and make some math on scaling, any damage/ health point based change on abilities can not be accepted. Of course snow globe is not a duration but an efficiency based skill, meaning you can use fleeting expertise to spam it.

Edited by Cemges