Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

What if when the globe breaks it releases a HUGE AoE blast that slows  based on distance. 90% slow at ground zero and 15% slow at its furthest point of influence and then the duration modding (that all frosts use) affects the duration of slow.

/thread

Fleeting expertise. Because snow globe isnt time based anymore, instead of narrow minded, thats what you'll use and you will have to press the button a little bit more. Thats how we dealt with iron skin nerf as rhinos.

You dont need to rage or hype over that really guys. It is a simple matter of changing your mod dynamics.

you do realize 3500hp is nothing at higher levels.I for one don't wanna build straight strength mods to make globe viable it shoudln't force me to build just that to make globe more viable.

As it is currently, snow globe finishes defense missions.  If it does get a damage cap, then the missions will always end much sooner.  The capsule just isn't strong enough when a single stray shot can destroy it.  After a certain point snow globe is necessary because it is impossible to prevent those stray shots.

If the capsule shield would actually prevent it from going down to those few stray shots then maybe snow globe wouldn't be a requirement.  How to get that to work is difficult to figure out, but it is pretty much going to be the only way people will go far on defense or have a reasonable chance to finish the nightmare defense alerts after the snow globe change.

Edited by JHarlequin

I would agree. If anyhting, Frost needed a massive buff. Before damage 2.0, his offensive abilities were useless. Now, they are still just as bad. Their solution: take away Frost's only redeeming power that makes him played. Now, Frost will fall into obscurity with the ranks of Banshee.

Banshee is a super late game frame but  damge isnt everything  she is more utility based

Good thinking!

I wonder if Snowglobe is now infinite duration and it only disappears when it takes enough damage, as you suggest..

But either way, for High-Tier missions a super-efficient frost would be the best.

Maybe even with Blind Rage for a stronger globe! Finally makes sense that Frost is on that Mod. ;D

Just looking at the numbers, Frost still won't be used much, even less probably... Snow globe won't have enough HP to be useful in, say... 20+ waves?

It'll melt

His other abilities better be ballet to match the only useful skill he used to have

All you're going to accomplish here is beating the bees-nest that is players who are upset by the potential change.

haha, that is a great visual. Players all relaxing until someone shakes the tree... omg omg omg like bees buzzing around. Then once the shaking stops it all settles out with a few outliers who always buzz. 

you realize on high level defense 3500 health will got down in really fast

this will mean the the globe is going to be a buffer instead of a defense. You now have to cc everything or kill everything before it can shoot much. This means it is going to take more skill and power to go as far on def missions

As for Ice blast virtually all 1st abilities are useless besides on low levels or just for fun or utility. So unless this has some awesome CC it is still pointless. what needed reworked on frost was his ult and ice wave his ult is not powerful enough and its cc does not last long. ice wave has ok damage but it needs some CC I suggest that it leaves a strip like the void ice traps 

What if when the globe breaks it releases a HUGE AoE blast that slows  based on distance. 90% slow at ground zero and 15% slow at its furthest point of influence and then the duration modding (that all frosts use) affects the duration of slow.

/thread

+1

you do realize 3500hp is nothing at higher levels.I for one don't wanna build straight strength mods to make globe viable it shoudln't force me to build just that to make globe more viable.

Even pure strength won't save your butt in a T3 defense in the last 3 waves for example,your globe will disappear as soon as you place it.

Here's the thing: They buffed Freeze. If they made it so it has a minimum duration before it's broken by Health damage, it could give Frost a much more active and fun playstyle.

Yes, they removed his ability to singlehandedly destroy Defenses. In case you haven't noticed, they did that to Vauban too, and he's still probably the most-requested frame for Derelicts.

We've all known the day would come when they would have to nerf his ability to artificially extend Grineer/Corpus Defenses. They'll do the same one day to Molecular Prime, and perhaps even Desecrate. They need to have more frames capable of pulling their weight in all fields, and when you have tier systems coming out every two weeks claiming that only Frost and a handful of others are viable, it discourages the diversity of the game.

Sometimes, crutches need to get nerfed to encourage skillful play.

Deal with it.

So why nerf abiltys into the ground instead of buffing otheres to make them viable?

So why nerf abiltys into the ground instead of buffing otheres to make them viable?

The keywords were "skillful play". If everyone has an "I Win" button, why bother calling it a game?

Of course, I'm not saying skills should never be buffed as long as you have the nerfbat- the very same post you replied to had praise for the long-awaited buff to Freeze. But some skills are simply too good upon release (Bastille, Snow Globe, Molecular Prime) and some are simply too bad (in this case Freeze, but also Silence, several Valkyr and Nekros abilities, etc), and it's better (not to mention easier in terms of design) to clean up outliers than just keep raising the bar.

Edited by Archwizard

First off, there are plenty of other threads. All you're going to accomplish is making the mods turn all these into a Megathread.

Secondly, balance requires more than just buffing. If the end result is 4 useful abilities rather than 1 dominating ability, it's a win in my book.

They did not really buff his other abilities. His 1 has a faster travel time (not more damage), 2 and 4 are exactly the same, damage and basically no utility.

I never felt that way with everyone moving in slower. I would generally go around and start stabbing them.

I would have liked to use Iron Skin when it made you immune to all bullets/missiles/lasers/etc.

Give me a second I'll link you to a wave clear before Vauban was added(to game) to show you how OP it was.

http://www.twitch.tv/bsbwarframe/c/2264123

That shows you how overly stupid it can get.

I didn't nerf globe.

DE proposed the change, and have gotten a lot of feedback on it.

All you can do at this point is hope they listen to the community.

I'm not opposed to the change of Globe. I'm just saying they should of given better info ( like to the council) to this change before saying hey guess what its going to be in the update surprise butt sax. Giving more time for testing it out.