Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I hope the snowglobe heath can upgrade the health more by using Focus mod.. and yeah its still spammable so you can get 3500 x 4 = 14,000 snowglobe health with four cast.

So better equip energy mods,  syphon, flow and streamline combo :D

Edited by M0kujin

whispering *it's today*

I meant the video itself could have been recorded today, then edited and posted today to build up hype, if they don't do the update today without announcing a delay, there will be a lot of rage, but it's probably going to be today, and there will be even more rage with the new Update.

Hmm, 3500 Seems extremely low, like 1 shot by a high lvl minion low. Warframes can at least avoid most of the damage with moving, but since Snowglobe is a big target that all the enemies will probably be shooting at, it sounds like it's useless now. This is just speculation from my part though, will have to try it out myself, but I think the golden age of Frost is over.

as do i

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Eh, I'm going to wait until I can actually test this myself before I start going doom and gloom, but my initial gut instinct is that this nerf is going to make Snowglobe utterly useless. Snowglobe is a huge immobile target. Giving it 'health' is just going to see you wasting 50 energy for a second of protection in high level play, even worse than iron skin (which is already straddling the line between useful and useless above level 40 since it evaporates nigh-instantly) since it can't move and everyone will be shooting it.

Edit: The changes to Freeze and Avalanche are much welcome though, so maybe this will just end up removing Frost from the defense niche and into a kind of heavy caster niche ala how Ember used to be.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Well that came out of nowhere. Nice to hear that Ice Blast (freeze) is an ice rocket like Fireball (with AoE of course, right? RIGHT?!) and that Freeze does more damage, although personally I would've done more with it's utility, like leaving enemies frozen and increasing damage to them.

Can I make a suggestion for Snow Globe though? I once heard an interesting idea that it should remain immune to all damage types except for blast and fire damage. That way at high levels normal mobs can't sneeze on it and break it, but the team will still have to prioritize enemies such as Napalms, Bombards, and Fusion MOAs since they'd be the units capable of breaking through your defenses (and already kind of do anyway so it's technically not a nerf to begin with).

This please, this would make so much more sense, it wouldn't be completely immune, and if people wanted to survive, they would have to actually call out enemies.

"We don't want to nerf strong things, we want to buff weak ones"                                                                                                                                                                                                       - DE

Edited by Angius

I meant the video itself could have been recorded today, then edited and posted today to build up hype, if they don't do the update today without announcing a delay, there will be a lot of rage, but it's probably going to be today, and there will be even more rage with the new Update.

Hmm hmmmm... totally agree with you but it's today! :D

Tweeter posts from DE Staff indicate that its today, i hope!?

As a Frost Main-er, I honestly find these changes quite nice. The damage buffs are very, very welcome.

As for the snowglobe changes, I understand why it was changed, but I'm still a bit on the fence as to whether or not I like it. The health values shown there seem very low, especially considering how much it costs to cast snowglobe. If the health is increased and is increasable by mods, then I'm all for it, I just don't want to have snowglobe turn into a skill that I'll have to cast every 5 seconds in high-level defense missions to make any sort of difference in incoming damage.

so snowglobe basically becomes the iron skin of the defense pod. mhh... the normal iron skin absorbs 3k dmg for rhino(just one warframe) but snowglobe should save the whole team and the pod, so i think 3,5k are not enough, especially if you are doing defense up to wave 60+ against grineer. 3 gorgon guys or 2 bombards will destroy that shild in no time.

for ice blast will the freezing change aswell or will there just be dmg added? i really like the freezing it would be cool if you tweak that a bit. if you shoot a freezed target it gets unfreezed, it would be nice if there where a duration about 3 sec. so the target gets unfreezed 3 sec after you shot it/him/her.

avalanche i agree it was kinda weak, that is the reason i don't know much about this ability, cause i rarely used it. it could use a dmg tweak, the speed isn't a problem in my eyes.

What?! No no no! You are basically changing Snowglobe to be a more stationary version of Iron Skin with this health change! It should be time based only!

I honestly like this, too many people rely on it and it was too good for any mission.

"We don't want to nerf strong things, we want to buff weak ones"                                                                                                                                                                                                       - DE

Sarcasm, I love it!

Before all the doom and gloom starts, you might beable to stack ice globes much like vauban's bastile.

So it takes like 4 seconds of fire from mobs in t3 defense instead of 1? No, it's a bad idea.

For the snow globe I was thinking of it being exactly like ice. I agree with the current system but focusing on effects only: shooting it will cause glass bits to fall off, if it breaks the glass shatters if it runs out it dissolves.

Also, the globe needs to slow enemies by 40% (can be changed) in order to be much better with this much needed nerf.

~Frost Fan since Open Beta Release

"We don't want to nerf strong things, we want to buff weak ones"

- DE

theres a difference between strong... and goddly.    Snowglobe was one of those ablities that made you invinisible and all you had to do was keep the enemy out of the globe cause they couldn't harm you while in it.   Even if you had a glode that lasts 5 minutes..  if you have the energy and cast it every minute you have lays of protection and I beleive a stacking debuff for people in the globe so even more goddly..  The globe needed changed.