Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

They shouldn't have waited so long to change Snow Globe.

agreed if this was done at the same time as the ironskin nerf i think it would have worked better though i think if they add some way to increase the globes hp it could turn into something nice or if they make it like ironskin that it doesent have a timer

I like the idea that only heavy units or melee units can destroy it. Right now its the worst change because the nerf makes him nearly useless as a frame. Another thing they could do is make the ability a toggle one so as long as globe is up it drains energy.

(let's see if this ragewave will be higher then the old Iron Skin's one)

nothing big. i don't have iron skin anymore and rhino still viable, in case of frost. ehh... i think i can just sell him now.

Edited by Althix

I find it quite hilarious that so many people are saying a NERF was good. No, a Snowglobe Nerf is not good. Snowglobe will be destroyed MUCH easier than Iron skin thanks to its size.
Also, if so many of you are saying that a Nerf is good, lets nerf novas Molecular Prime, and lets also Nerf Rhinos Stomp while we're at it. Iron Skins change did not help endgame, and neither does the Snow Globe Nerf.
DE wants an endgame, but by making frame abilities absolute rubbish for it isn't the way to go.

ok here is one idea Ive had about how to possibly tweak snowglobe and maybe make it a bit more interesting.

first of either a damage limiter like snowglobe only takes a maximum of X damage excess damage does nothing, damage reduction it just simple DR or a combination of both.

the second part would be to give frost the ability to "channel" extra energy to his snowglobe by holding down the button when he first cast it causing it to drain energy and every poin of energy increases its max hp by 1% so if its maximized so it costs 12+flow it should lead to something like 338% more hp it should end up with something like 11830 hp i think that should last atleast a while

or atleast give it an interesting mechanic

Edited by xanroth

I find it quite hilarious that so many people are saying a NERF was good. No, a Snowglobe Nerf is not good. Snowglobe will be destroyed MUCH easier than Iron skin thanks to its size.

Also, if so many of you are saying that a Nerf is good, lets nerf novas Molecular Prime, and lets also Nerf Rhinos Stomp while we're at it. Iron Skins change did not help endgame, and neither does the Snow Globe Nerf.

DE wants an endgame, but by making frame abilities absolute rubbish for it isn't the way to go.

^+1

Snowglobe nerf was bad. Truth is, Frost used to be good in defence missions sure (Snowglobe WAS his saving grace afterall)...but he was bad in everything else. By nerfing snowglobe and marginally improving his other skills, they now made Frost bad in defence, bad in everything else.

In the past, what he didn't have in damage or crowd control, he made up for in the ability to protect his team mates.

Let's face it, even these tiny improvements to his other skills, did not make him any better. Now he's just a slower, crappier Rhino without Ironskin and a lousier Stomp. That's how I would describe Frost now.

Snowglobe is still a game changer. It's just not a complete negation of enemy ability to shoot at you any more. But it still turns battles around when used appropriately.

And other buffs are pretty massive. Frost does insane damage with abilities now.

Lol.. same complaints about snowglobe now as when they changed Rhino's Ironskin, and ironically Rhino is still the most used warframe around (I mean really how often dont you see one in a squad?).

People didnt listen then when many of us said the issue wasnt the amount of damage the 'shield' absorbs its the damage enemies do, thats still the exact same issue now that Snowglobe got reduced.

Come-on people face it for 50 energy complete immunity to all ranged damage for an entire squad was too much.  It made the game boringly easy with frost and insanely difficuilt with others (simply look at any post asking about defence difficulity, the most common resonse was "use frost", that obviously means he was a crutch to use in that area, and obviously the game wasnt balanced for it).  Now maybe there will be some better balancing going on.

Edited by Loswaith

While I will agree and say the Nerf is welcome, I will also say that the globe health either needs to be double what it is or affected power strength mods. As it is with a duration and health its the weakest defensive ability in the game.

dear tenno,Rebecca said that snow globe hp can be increased with power strenght mods like focus,READ THE GODDAMN PATCH NOTES FOR ONE TIME.