Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

As far as I understand the main reason why DE had to nerf Snowglobe was something like this :

" in Defense missions you have to bring a Frost, it is not even a choice for players "

I do understand this point, BUT... Frost was specifically designed as the defense frame, right ?

Now I can only see two options here for DE :

1) Keeping Frost as the Slow/Tanky/Defensive frame --> you need to fix Snowglobe (un-nerf it)

2) Changing Frost to a Battle-Mage --> increase the damage of powers to a very high level comparable to other DPS frames !!!

IMHO 

While DE is at it, just remove invincibility from Blessing and Hysteria as well; and give them a set of health and shield number, like Iron skin and globe.

Hahahah, this made my day. +1 For the author.

Yeah and I agree, while at it, why not make Volt's Electric shield have a HP counter too? Trinity's Blessing needs a nerf too, RIGHT?

Oh wait, let's make Nyx's Absorb have a HP limit!

Frost's snowglobe did not deserve a nerf, he was a defensive warframe and this was his only saving grace. Even with the alleged "improvements" to his other skills, he will never be as good as damager as 70% of the warframes out there. So where does Frost stand now?

Edited by Celseus

dear tenno,Rebecca said that snow globe hp can be increased with power strenght mods like focus,READ THE GODDAMN PATCH NOTES FOR ONE TIME.

Oh woo, so now it has 8000 health, meaning it lasts 4 seconds instead of 2 in t3 defense. Frost is saved! Seriously, Snow globe is useless, it has health and duration so you will need to max blind fury and narrow minded to get any use out of it oh and then you need stream line and fleeting expertise and AAAAARGH! You won't have any room left for other skills or redirection.

Lol.. same complaints about snowglobe now as when they changed Rhino's Ironskin, and ironically Rhino is still the most used warframe around (I mean really how often dont you see one in a squad?).

People didnt listen then when many of us said the issue wasnt the amount of damage the 'shield' absorbs its the damage enemies do, thats still the exact same issue now that Snowglobe got reduced.

Come-on people face it for 50 energy complete immunity to all ranged damage for an entire squad was too much. It made the game boringly easy with frost and insanely difficuilt with others (simply look at any post asking about defence difficulity, the most common resonse was "use frost", that obviously means he was a crutch to use in that area, and obviously the game wasnt balanced for it). Now maybe there will be some better balancing going on.

He had only one gd skill now he has none besides he wasnt immune to napalms moas and grenades that corpus and grinnier throw and can get knocked out of it, what you see is a skill that had problems I and others saw no problem due to (above) but now its not even worthy as a frame soon its going to be all rhino/nova/trinity/loki

Rhino however is mobile and can be fast aswell as all his skills are usefull viable unlike frost from 1 usefull skill to 0 now

Edited by tris1

dear tenno,Rebecca said that snow globe hp can be increased with power strenght mods like focus,READ THE GODDAMN PATCH NOTES FOR ONE TIME.

I believe he meant that Snowglobe's basic HP is too minimal. Maybe you should start reading about Frost's abilities instead of supporting the nerf. At least you might sound a tad more sensible in your opinion that way.

" in Defense missions you have to bring a Frost, it is not even a choice for players "

The atrocity is even greater.

The reason that you have to bring a Frost remains: scaling enemies with increased damage and ranged projectiles; not-scaling defence objective without any way to heal it up.

Since this was not addressed, all you get is a crippled Frost and no means to prevent the onslaught.

No reason to bother with Defence past wave 15 anymore.

So, really, once you got all the rewards (foundry prime parts) that defence can give, no reason to even play that scenario ever again anymore.

It's not that hard to recast it...

It's even easier to re-drop it. Just ask your friendly Lv50 MOA.

Edited by OriKlein

My personal feedback on Snowglobe: a health-based system is a pretty bad idea, but if you must insist, it should be at least 3-5 times the strength of Iron Skin because the Snowglobe is massive and will attract far more fire than a Rhino, and is often deliberately placed in positions to take a massive amount of fire, while Rhinos would ideally minimise damage taken even with Iron Skin on.

I would also prefer if Freeze's unique CC remained in some capacity in Ice Blast, and Avalanche should also have an addition slow effect to diversify it from other nuke ults.

He had only one gd skill now he has none besides he wasnt immune to napalms moas and grenades that corpus and grinnier throw and can get knocked out of it, what you see is a skill that had problems I and others saw no problem due to (above) but now its not even worthy as a frame soon its going to be all rhino/nova/trinity/loki

well that sounds a lot like how rhino was before the ironskin changes, anyway lets all just calm ourselfs (you don't need to tris1 since you seem to be calm already) and wait for what they do with him after they have had time to read the feedback

Edited by xanroth

That snow globe was the only thing that made him a viable choise for higher levels.

And it was pretty well balansed with the lack of powers damage IMO. not sure why they decided to turn pure defensive warframe into another "4 the win" frames =\

And it saddens me even more as it's my favourite warframe.

Snow Globe still does its job. It's just not an instant win. Now he can do more than press 3 (at least he will be able to when damage 'Frames scale properly).

How exactly is it different from before, save that enemies can destroy it and high level enemies WILL and rather hastily at that?

What more can Frost do now that it was unable to do before, exactly?

well that sounds a lot like how rhino was before the ironskin changes, anyway lets all just calm ourselfs (you don't need to tris1 since you seem to be calm already) and wait for what they do with him after they have had time to read the feedback

the

Revert the changes then they should listen to the community and give a post that lets players give ideas then there voted for

It's not that hard to recast it...

It's not hard. It's pressing the 3 button. The hard part is, having Infinite amounts of energy. Do you have that? ;)

I agree with thread starter, Snowglobe HP limit should not have been implemented. Saying that Frost is too useful in defence missions is like saying Ember is too useful in Exterminate missions. Should we nerf Ember's damage then?

Frost was, is, and has always been a defensive warframe whose speciality was protecting his team. Then, his protection was still VERY flawed. But now, they made his protection unviable in high level missions. What's the point of even playing Frost now?

Damage? You've got to be kidding me, his damage is subpar even with these improvements. And he's the SLOWEST FRAME to boot!

I believe he meant that Snowglobe's basic HP is too minimal. Maybe you should start reading about Frost's abilities instead of supporting the nerf. At least you might sound a tad more sensible in your opinion that way.

You believe he meant something completely other than what he said? And you think that responding to what he said rather than imagining what you think he might have meant is "not sensible"?

You're clutching at straws here just to try and "prove" someone you disagree with wrong.

Put it up, nothing really damaged the pod during the period since 90% of the enemies in this game are ranged ones.

Really?

While your at it, mind show me how you do that with Globe?

I guess you don't play T3D much.

Or did you forget that most damage is done by other frames while Frost protect the pod?

And did you forget Moas charge right into the globe doing massive damage to anything it burns?

Put it up, nothing really damaged the pod during the period since 90% of the enemies in this game are ranged ones.

Napalms will have something to say about that.

Grineer and Corpus Grenades will have something to say about that.

SM Ladies who pull you out of Snowglobe will have something to say about that.

Stomp MOAs will have something to say about that.

Rail Gun MOAs will have something to say about that.

Ancients will have something to say about that.

This list already includes more than 30% of the enemies in game that can damage you even if you are in a Snowglobe. Need I list more?

Edited by Celseus

Oh woo, so now it has 8000 health, meaning it lasts 4 seconds instead of 2 in t3 defense. Frost is saved! Seriously, Snow globe is useless, it has health and duration so you will need to max blind fury and narrow minded to get any use out of it oh and then you need stream line and fleeting expertise and AAAAARGH! You won't have any room left for other skills or redirection.

Thank god someone else said it before I raged on them like a 5 year old.

Napalms will have something to say about that.

Grineer and Corpus Grenades will have something to say about that.

SM Ladies who pull you out of Snowglobe will have something to say about that.

Stomp MOAs will have something to say about that.

Rail Gun MOAs will have something to say about that.

Ancients will have something to say about that.

High level Scorch also have something to say about that.