Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

Lol, I hope they don't...at least until I get the asdashdb prime systems.

But either way I don't like this idea

Can 2 lads help me with his legs? This one needs throwing out the airlock. 

Hey, I'll help!  Wheres the nearest airlock.

Edited by Rainei00

Jesus Magewolf you dont understand he is atleast a one trick pony. Frost is still quite tanky and is does look neat. His Frost Globe is still the best defensive skill there is and freeze changed to be similar to Embers Fireball (having tried it myself but it sounds promising for less than level 10 mobs), 

Strike that frostglobe is hp based now so hmm he is a half trick pony who stops using skill even sooner oh well he still look badass for what he was supposed to be and that is a tanky mage.

Edited by AllanIncubi

Now you gotta slap in Blind Rage + Focus + Fleeting Expertise to maximize your Globe, you'll find urself shooting freeze to dangerous units and Avalanche will do some nice dmg

"Maximum Power"... straight to 9000 HP!!!! Ubeliviable!

It was a needed one.Controlling all Melee and range in a infinite space control is pretty god like.

When did Bastille ever control all Range attacks? Or any at all??? And when was it "Infinite Space"? I've been playing Valbuan since U9 and I have NEVER seen Bastille act like that. The only time it's "god like" is against melee (Infested). This sounds like more dribble from a pay-to-win, pay-to-have an opinion player who really has no idea what he is talking about - but since he paid for one of those packs he comes in with his "opinions" as if he actually knows something. Please go play the game and then come back with some real knowledge.

You can tell there are people making input who have little game experience - unfortunately DE allows you to pay your way into having a voice. They don't listen to you unless you pay for their expensive special packs. It doesn't matter if you spent hundreds of dollars over time - you have to buy a pack to have any credibility. That means you can influence game decisions without one hour of play. When you see "Grand master" that doesn't mean grand master of PLAY, that means Grand Master of PAY.Many of these people come in here time and time again talking abut Warframe as if they are talking about some other game - they have no real experience playing and say some of the most inane things - like:

"Frost (or any nerfed Warframe) will have to move around and do stuff now": About the dumbest, uninformed statement I've had the displeasure to see come out of not a few pay-to-speakers... FROST WAS NOT DESIGNED TO RUN AROUND IN THE FIRST PLACE! Frost was advertised as defensive. Warframe is a mostly team, squad based game - each frame has a specific role. You don't damn a sniper because all he does is snipe. You don't force the bombardier to run around popping off enemies with a pistol. As a frame with specific abilities, it isn't LAZY that Frost or Valbuan set up a perimeter and stay within it - that's the way they are designed to work. What's the use of snowglobe if you are not protected in it??? It's already bad with splash damage seeping in - nerfing it further brings us t question why even have a Frost.  Furthermore - who wants to play a game where every frame has to do the same thing? Let Frost be the defender / blocker, let Nyx do his CC, allow Nova to be the weakener / inhibitor, let Rhino be the brute force destroyer  - let them all have their separate functions, so there will be a reason for each one and a different play-style so we have justification for the different frames.

I'd get into similar stupidity about weapons, but since this is a Frost topic I'll just leave it a this - if you think nerfing is helpful, why do you celebrate other weapons having a buff??? As long as there is a weapon as powerful as the one you celebrate getting a nerf, isn't that just a swap of an "OP weapon"? Why nerf anything if you still have something out there just as "OP"????

all those that have 6-forma frost are mad now because noone will ever call for player with frost anymore when they want to play high level defence.

" looking for a frost for T3 void defence" in recruit chat will be history.

It is not frost that become a one trick pony, but is the frost fanboy that only know how to use snow globe is a one trick pony.

Edited by victor_victory

I always wonder me, why are people who continue saying this? i mean why? what they mean?

Please try convince me with valid arguments.

Usually giving players a god mode in anyway, shape, or form is usually a bad thing. The longer you wait the more people get accoustomed to that skill working in that way. Once the change is made people will rage and call the skill useless like they are now.

It needed a nerf, invulnerability shouldn't be in this game as it completely negates certain aspects of gameplay, i.e. avoiding damage. I won't say it was the right nerf though. At the very least it is much more difficult to get to extemely high waves with only a frost.

I expect Blessing and Hysteria to loose their invulnerability at some point and be given something else in exchange.

Usually giving players a god mode in anyway, shape, or form is usually a bad thing. The longer you wait the more people get accoustomed to that skill working in that way. Once the change is made people will rage and call the skill useless like they are now.

It needed a nerf, invulnerability shouldn't be in this game as it completely negates certain aspects of gameplay, i.e. avoiding damage. I won't say it was the right nerf though. At the very least it is much more difficult to get to extemely high waves with only a frost.

I expect Blessing and Hysteria to loose their invulnerability at some point and be given something else in exchange.

Except the globe has never been about invulnerability. Honestly it was a weak skill to begin with. AOE ignores it it can and has been pierced while still up, a lot of enemies can get around it as it is at upper end game play.

I'm probably going to make a Zephyr at this point.

"Maximum Power"... straight to 9000 HP!!!! Ubeliviable!

Well 9000 HP being a maxed out modded snow globe should give it about a 12 - 15 second life span in T3 defense.  From a post in another thread where someone has a 4.2k health snow globe running T3D he averaged 5.7 seconds per globe.  So at 9k 12 to 15 seconds isn't all that terrible.

----Sigh----

Snow Globe not give Frost a God Mode, give to all the team in a Defense mission (our last hope in High Defenses), this game is not PvP game.

Some player can say "is unfair" "why Frost have God Mode and i not?" -------> PvP players

But we are a team vs all factions.

the time limit wasnt enough to prevent anything.

Press 3 every 40-50 seconds and camp on spot is not that "smart" nor "strategic"... it's just lazy...

Now you gotta slap in Blind Rage + Focus + Fleeting Expertise to maximize your Globe, you'll find urself shooting freeze to dangerous units and Avalanche will do some nice dmg

Or ppl will find the usefullness of other frames... learn, adapt, overcome.

I guess by what you say then shooting enemies is lazy too. After all, to shoot an enemy all you have to do is press the left mouse button. Your just repeating dribble, a silly statement that's been running around the forums so long that people think its smart to say "Press 3 to win"... it has no relevance. i don't know what you want - you can always bind more keys since you want his abilities to involve more key presses or some other useless added activities.

As a part of a TEAM or a SQUAD it isn't lazy for the pod DEFENDER to defend the pod. The pod doesn't move around, so neither should Frost be required to run around. That's the role of other Warframes, like Rhino or Valkyr. There is nothing lazy about it - no more lazy than a sniper waiting in a hidden spot for the right opportunity. Frost was fulfilling his role, and his role was to provide protection for the pod and players. That isn't lazy - and stating how many key-presses it takes to do his ability isn't making any kind of impact on the argument - all abilities only take one key-press...

Snowglobe was not a press-3-to-win move anyway. It only helps to defend against certain type of fire and slow down most incoming enemies. It was perfectly good as it was. Your argument also does not consider high level play - your proposed strategy does nothing to high level enemies. Nobody needs Frost's offensive abilities - the only ability he had was Snowglobe. And yes it should last 35+ seconds - that's the whole point. This isn't Mortal Kombat, it's a squad based strategic fighting game. Nobody (but you?) is interested in every character doing the same role, pressing a million keys to do something simple - just because you don't get the basics of what kind of game this is.

*snip*

Calling the other guy stupid usually doesn't do much for your argument, other than get a flame war started.

On the subject of roles, is there any point to other frames besides the ones you mentioned.

Except the globe has never been about invulnerability. Honestly it was a weak skill to begin with. AOE ignores it it can and has been pierced while still up, a lot of enemies can get around it as it is at upper end game play.

I'm probably going to make a Zephyr at this point.

Okay nearly invulnerable, and the AOE spam really was in effect for 1 faction. Bring those guys down and then what? You could let those lancers shoot at you all day and not worry about it. Rail gun MOA's are a small issue comparatively, and infested are CC'd by entering the skill

Now watch someone say I've never played T3 Defense or something.

----Sigh----

Snow Globe not give Frost a God Mode, give to all the team in a Defense mission (our last hope in High Defenses), this game is not PvP game.

Some player can say "is unfair" "why Frost have God Mode and i not?" -------> PvP players

But we are a team vs all factions.

And according to some it's still effective.

If you feel that you absolutly need a single skill to do something maybe you need to try a different strategy? Or maybe we were never intended to get that high, something the devs have said before. If you are still able to hit wave 100 congrats you are better than those before you.

Once again not agreeing that the nerf was the right one, but something needed to change.

so does snowglobe have health and a timer or just health?

be interesting to know. and does the health of snowglobe increase with the focus mod?

does it really matter?

it simply dies (on Pluto later wave) before the casting animation is over

this skill is really the one they shouldn't have touched at all, napalms could shoot through and it was insta dead if you stayed in the napalm globe,rail gun moas shoots through and again it was 1-2 shots and they downed you and all the runners,shockwaves etc you had to deal with when they blazed through the map inside the globe and kick your buts in later waves /longer minutes... the globe was ok ... now i can't even see the use of it even on Venus on later waves

you know , not everyone playing only 5 waves or 15 minutes

if they want health on it,they should make it scale with enemies and have nothing to be able to shoot through before it dies , it still will probably take 5 seconds till it dies ,

but whatever ,i'm just being tired of this, sometimes it seems like they don't even test these things or think about people that like to play long

the snow globe is pretty much as good use as sentinels sanctuary, sounds cool on paper ,but the reality.........

Only thing is - what does this have to do with Snowglobe? God mode means you destroy everything and are invulnerable. If you are missing one part then it isn't God Mode. Snowglobe did not defend against AOE, did not defend against melee, did not defend against Stalker, did not defend against certain very dangerous enemies (Fusion Moa, for example). It did not do damage. It did not expand upon your offensive abilities or actions at all. It was BALANCED as it was and was certainly not God Mode. People who are saying that need to go play the game every once in a while and stop spouting off things they have no experience to say anything about. 

So far I see a lot of (grand)masters with with 30-80 posts screaming about how much they support this nerf. Want to guess who DE listens to?

Certainly hope not people like you if you think being a founder has anything to do with your opinion on changes.

I personally dislike this, if DE really needed to change the way the globe worked they could have done something that'd still keep it functional on higher level defenses. Globe wasn't OP, it's just that it was one of the few powers that were effective on the one-shotting members of the 3/4ths of the factions.

Edited by RahuStalker