Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

Face it, the old snow globe made a lot of things too damn easy.

"OH MY GOD! WE HAVE TO USE STRATAGY NOW TO PROTECT THE DEFENSE POINT, RATHER THEN HIDING INSIDE SNOWGLOBE!

OH WOE IS US FOR HAVING TO USE OUR BRAINS!"

it didn't in my experience, it made me feel like a quarantine squad of sorts all by myself, as at any time a mob would rush through  the globe you would have to quickly take it back out and keep it out. their are also a lot of choices you have to go through such as if you will stand as a last guard, all bundle in to protect each sector, you yourself go out to scavenge the spoils but keep guard of the pod from afar, and so on so on

How will the new Ice Blast work? It will have a 100% chance to freeze the main target and 50% chance to freeze the surrounding? 

I think it's a nice buff, but it doesn't really address the fact that Ice Blast was struggling because you immediately lose the CC of freeze whenever you shoot the sucker. 

I feel it really needs a strong slow after the freeze effect is gone in order for the skill to be efficient in general. 

Face it, the old snow globe made a lot of things too damn easy.

"OH MY GOD! WE HAVE TO USE STRATAGY NOW TO PROTECT THE DEFENSE POINT, RATHER THEN HIDING INSIDE SNOWGLOBE!

OH WOE IS US FOR HAVING TO USE OUR BRAINS!"

Enemies will tear through a snowglobe in regular levels in mere seconds with its level. It's not strategical now, it's borderline useless. For 50 energy A rhino running around with his iron skin drawing aggro will last longer and be more effective. He can avoid and get behind cover. he can distract enemies away from targets. He is a much smaller target. 

Snow Globe needs at least 5000 at max level, maybe more. And should be effected by duration as well as strength to increase its toughness. 

I don't have a Frost and I never liked that he was able to use Snow Globe as an invulnerability field.

That Snowglobe got health is quite nice on my opinion, but I think the health is rather low. 

My Mag has about 880 shield and it can last no longer than 5 second under heavy fire, and I move a lot and I am a small target.

Does Snowglobe also have armor of some kind?

Of course, If power mods make it stronger that is actually good, but 3.5k hp plus all the strenght mods will make it barely have twice the health, which is still not much. 

I would suggest to take hp from the Vitality mod instead, since Frost is already a tank, it should have that equipped anyway, and could potentially give 3x or more health to it.

3500 HP? So basically it goes down instantly? Great. Without Snow Globe Frost is pointless. His other abilities suck and the only thing he could do was Snow Globe. He's supposed to be a tank, not a big, slow caster that pales in comparison to Nova just like all the other casters.

Putting an HP cap on Snow Globe will only force Frosts to stand on the cryopod the entire time and keep recasting Snow Globe instead of being able to put one down and help his teammates. Very action-packed right there. He's a TF2 Engie now. Fun.

I recommend having Snow Globe give a lot of damage reduction too once the HP is depleted. Or heck, have a lot of damage reduction on before the HP is depleted so that it dies slower.

Avalanche should knock foes down and slow them for a good 8 or 9 seconds too. Ice Wave should have a 100% ice proc as well.

Well, we have still to test it so I'll just say my thoughts that need to be verified as soon as the update is out: Snow Globe is a must on high defense missions, but with this change I really think it would be useful only on low level ones, making Frost unable to do anything but casting it when the difficulty gets hard...

Hey everyone,

Making this post prior to U12 on PC's release (coming soon!), because as everything is coming together, there have been changes made to Frost's powers that ought to be shared and discussed for further review.

Changes:

Ice Blast: Comparable to Ember's Fireball in casting time and result of impact/damage.
Avalanche: Increased casting speed and increased damage.
Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Please discuss below your experiences with Frost and how you would balance his abilities with these changes in mind, as well as prepare to return to this thread after the Update has been deployed with further feedback.

Thanks, Tenno.

Clarification/FAQ 1: Will Strength Mods positively affect Snowglobes health after this change? Yes, they will!

So, Frost will get a few changes soon, and the most notable one is that  Snow Globe, arguably the best and most useful of Frost's abilities, will now have a limited Health. For a max 3500... We have to consider that Strength mods will increase this value, but stil... I wonder how many shots the new Snow Globe even with maxed power strength can endure on a wave 50+ Grineer Defense.

In my opinion that renders Frost even more useless, the only thing he was good for (sorry Frost fans) was Snow Globe for high level defenses and survivals vs Grineer and Corpus, for his ability to completely stop projectiles from hitting the cryopod or the squad members. Other than that i can't think of another good use of a Frost in the team. Vauban is now officially the King of Defenses, in case someone had any doubts.

What's your opinion about this? 

That is a really solid balance guys! :) I am a big fan of Frost and I approve these changes. Snowglobe is not broken anymore, which was kind of necessary. As too the amount of damage, I will have to try it out at different tiers and see.

You can already test it, take a rhino with maxed power strength. Your iron skin will have about 2750 health. See how long it lasts in any mission on Pluto or last 5 waves on t3 defense. Remember not to move around.

A Health based snowglobe ? A full power strenght Rhino can't make his Iron Skin last against high level enemy, and now you want to do that with the only thing that can protect the objective in Grineer/Corpus defense missions ?

R.I.P. Frost, and R.I.P. Corpus/Grineer Defense, amen

Sounds to me that he's going to be useless in high level defenses or survivals now like T3 defense.

When the enemy level reaches 60+ the damage gets kinda insane against the pod.

This will just tie frost to the pod more as he'll have to be there to recast it like crazy.

It also won't give much protection in high level survival.

This will actually give Frost LESS mobility as he can't reach the damage numbers of Nova and the others so as he was once tied to the pod by a rubber band now he's tied to it by an Iron chain.

Well he'll be fun to toy around with in low level Infested Invasion survivals like everyone else in the cast.

That's my 2 cents. 

Edited by Ziegrif

pssst

hey

pssssssst

They do.

Do they? We don't even need to test the actual changes with snowglobe to see how bad it is. Take rhino, max out power strength on him and you'll get roughly the same damage cap as SG at max level, and then go stand around and get shot. It'll fall pretty fast, and SG will fall faster because it's huge, and it's immobile.