Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

Health on snowglobe? No. Just no. If snowglobe is destroyed, you know what will happen next? Everyone will go nova or any other spammy AOE warframe. Snowglobe is there so you can take your time without risking quickly being overwhelmed and killed.

Edited by Sarmon

I think that there could be a way to make it work well, for example carrying Frost's armor value over to snowglobe (Blatantfool mentioned this idea to me) which would make the Steel Fiber mod actually useful... and possibly have the armor stat affected by power strength mods or duration mods, and the amount of health get increase proportionate to power strength mods.

But for just plain old 3500 health, I'm not really for that. It would go away very fast since the size of it means it's gonna soak up much, MUCH more damage than a moving Rhino with Iron Skin.

But hey, at least we all get advanced notice to offer feedback before the fact! Much better hearing about it before the change instead of having it be a surprise.

Ok so I had a think about it and here is the proper solution:

Make AI just that - intelligent.

Make it so they realise after a short time that they cannot penetrate the globe and slowly move in on the globe.

But I suppose making clever AI is harder than just slapping a band aid on the globe in the form of health :(

Yay, Frost's 1 skill will be worth using!! :D

Avalanche buff, excellent!!

Snow Globe HP cap? I'm fine with it! It will make it so that installing power strength mods instead of duration mods causes Frost to be much more offensive, instead of being fairly weak and a necessity for defense missions. I may use frost more often after this!

"Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames"

What?

There are plenty of viable frames for defense missions. What does Snow Globe have to do with the viability of other frames? You do realise that by giving Snow Globe health you've effectively made Frost far less viable on defence and not changed the viability of other frames at all?

I want to try and understand the path of logic you guys went through to arrive at this conclusion.

I think that there could be a way to make it work well, for example carrying Frost's armor value over to snowglobe (Blatantfool mentioned this idea to me) which would make the Steel Fiber mod actually useful... and possibly have the armor stat affected by power strength mods or duration mods, and the amount of health get increase proportionate to power strength mods.

But for just plain old 3500 health, I'm not really for that. It would go away very fast since the size of it means it's gonna soak up much, MUCH more damage than a moving Rhino with Iron Skin.

But hey, at least we all get advanced notice to offer feedback before the fact! Much better hearing about it before the change instead of having it be a surprise.

At 3500 health if they're not changing something and Pronto i'm going to have to Sell the frost for either farming the Nova or The newest one. I dont have a choice i dont have the room to wait.

This was bound to happen eventually. In order for Frost to get decent changes(either this patch or the eventual next line of patches) Snowglobe had be nerfed. It was too powerful for its own good and single'd Frost as a one trick pony. If anything this is the first step towards a better made Frost.

hehehe nice to see that snowglobe is no longer the end all be all of defensive powers. Looks like Loki (and vauban) just became even more useful.

Yeah, but in 2 month loki will be nerfed ==> "too OP", as usally.

When frosty wasn't nerfed, everybody was like "OP frost, OP frost !", now it will be "OP loki, OP vauban", result ? a loki/vauban nerf coming

And can I ask something to DE ? Why are you nerfing a frame wich is not very powerful (only 1 ability useful in 1 situation), and why don't you NERF NOVA ?!

hm, i'm not sure how this will go down. i'll wait and see before i cast it into a pit of dispair.

these preliminary numbers may be an issue.

a mixture of a few ideas here seems reasonable.

- Snowglobe having a relatively short period of invulnerability, perhaps 5 seconds (to give it a locked in minimum effectiveness at all times)

- afterwords, has a Health value to surviving, though 3500 may prove to be an issue even inside the lv65 enemies that are part of the official game. 5000 may be a better number for that. not looking to make it last forever, just trying to give it a chance.

- players and objectives inside of Snowglobe could either be out of LOS(might be a bit OP), or have their Threat Level drastically reduced. to lessen the intensity of incoming fire. this also incentivizes other Utility powers to distract enemies due to the reduced Threat Level (primarily Decoy since it can be cast at range).

- enemies inside should be slowed to atleast 50% of their original speed.

- Snowglobe itself should have a Zero Threat Level if it hasn't already. it's not an enemy, it's a sphere of ice.

- once expired, enemies nearby Snowglobe(5, 7m from the outside?) should be slowed a bit (perhaps 20%) and take increased damage (perhaps 20%).

- having multiple Snowglobes should serve the same purpose as it does now, just a multiple layer wall. no stacked bonuses, just more layers.

as for the other powers:

- why are we keeping Avalanche again? seriously, it's one of the worst looking powers in the game. it. looks. bad.

- Freeze becoming an Ice ball. the best part about Freeze was that it well, froze an enemy. it would have been preferable to make it AoE a small area and freeze those enemies solid - and then not have the effect wear off while taking damage. Freeze would only operate like that at maximum level, any levels short of that would work as they do now.

- no change to Ice Wave? :s that power needs some help. i would really like to see it cast a bit faster and hit a wider area in front of Frost. thinking a slowly expanding angle, so it hits more area the further away from Frost the Wave is. Ice Wave should have a 100% chance to Freeze enemies, and slow them for a couple seconds after that.

just increasing Damage Numbers makes little difference to players honestly. it just makes things nuke harder at lower levels, and still be the same at higher ones.

I think adding a health bar would be fine... if they made it work like this:

Snow Globe lasts indefinitely, but only one can be placed at time... as such, if you refresh it, the old one disappears. When the health bar runs out, (Affected by Power mods.) make it so it starts disappearing for the next few seconds, (Affected by Duration mods.) blocking only half of the shots but still slowing down enemies that walk into it.

Another thing to consider is the fact that to actually use this new Snowglobe at maximum power will require you to completely flip your frost build from a duration build to a power strength build, which will pretty much render any forma previously put into your frost null and void.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I think that Ice wave needs a change... Perhaps a beam of ice that follows the player's sights (like an Orokin-laser-type weapon, guided by the same mechanic As Nova's antimatter Drop) would make for a much better mechanic than a weaker, single directional Avalanche. Also, the Snow globe should grant damage reduction for the full duration, but absorb the damage to its maximum health, so as to make the duration mods useful

Snow Globe need a lot more health than that - even with, say, 5000 health, Snow Globe could be taken down in under a second at higher defence waves :P

(put it this way - excluding armour modifiers and such, a Soma can theoretically do ~3000 damage per shot, which in raw DPS is ~44000)

At 3500 health if they're not changing something and Pronto i'm going to have to Sell the frost for either farming the Nova or The newest one. I dont have a choice i dont have the room to wait.

Step 1: Grab some rare mods

Step 2: Sell rare mods to other players for platinum

Step 3: Purchase an additional frame slot

Step 4: Keep Frost in the hope that the skill gets revised to make it more viable with the changes

If you're THAT pressed for platinum for slots, I'd be happy to give you some for a Warframe slot.

Lawdy, people, can we wait until it actually comes out before we scream about it? And I think a lot of people aren't noticing his first two abilities received buffs.

No You're changing the entire concept of the frost prime with this.

3500 as it stands is NOTHING at the high end. The numbers bear that out. I spent far too much time and effort trying to max out what has been my favorite frame since i started playing.

I dont have room for a spare frame. I got 4 slots. Thats it. That means when a change like this happens i have to dump the weak frame for a new one as quickly as possible. Because i dont get the luxury of letting it HANG OUT. I have frames for specific purposes and weapons for specific purposes. Frost prime was my defense and survival frame. He's just been shifted to DPS with a weak &#! third skill. And if i want a DPS frame i might as well have a damn NOVA which far outdoes it.

and why don't you NERF NOVA ?!

Because Nova doesn't need nerfing.

Other frames need to be lifted out of the gutter.

Frost was circling the gutter, but the weight that kept him balanced there (Snow Globe) has been removed and now he's going tumbling far down into it.