Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12: Zephyr Rises

[DE]Rebecca

WHAT THE HELL DE!?

FIRST YOU RUIN RHINO'S IRON SKIN NOW YOU REMOVE THE ONLY DAMN SKILL THAT MAKES FROST USEFUL!?

Seriously DE, Frost was the only one keeping you alive in high end defense missions with the snow globe, and now that ability is almost useless. Return it to how it was, please!

Alright so I tested out the changes on Frost's Snow Globe in a T3 Mobile Defense (lv 30ish enemies).  It goes down in like 7 seconds (and this was with a Nekros using Shadows of the Dead to draw away some aggro), I was literally firing 2-3 shots then recasting Snow Globe.  I dread to see what happens in Endless Defense or Survival when the enemies start moving towards 100 (non-stop Snow Globe casting).  So it has a scaling issue that needs to be addressed.  

Edited by Inferno_Hamster

- Frost goes from being too good to worst frame in the game (yet you buff his "power strength" because Frost was so well known for his offense...)

- Significant bugs and problems with this update (Waypoint pinging, capturing/defending a tower on any round by 1, significant Map problems)

- No endgame that was constantly rumored and talked about (Why was this not revealed?)

- Ridiculous amount of materials needed for the new Warframe research (Even with the Hotfix, it's a huge amount)

- NOTHING was done to fix the faction imbalance, and now Pluto is under attack while Neptune is being overrun (Soon to have one faction remaining with Corpus becoming the new Infested)

I'm sorry, is this an upgrade? I see U12 as a DOWNgrade if anything. What the hell happened, DE?

Whelp, guess I'll continue playing other games til you guys get back on track. So much wasted potential; so extremely disappointed in this.

Edited by Polarthief

The UI needs work, but I've left my thoughts on it in the UI feedback section.

The aura changes though:

- Physique Aura rebalanced (+3% Health per level)
- Steel Charge Aura rebalanced (+5% Damage per level).
- Rejuvenation Aura rebalanced (+.5% Heal Rate per level).
- Sprint Boost Aura Rebalanced and re-released into Alert System.  (+2.5% per level, 10% overall).

Overall, this is good, but what I don't quite get is the number of ranks for auras.  Specifically, Steel Charge now starts with +4 and has 10 ranks.  That means it, maxed, will hit 14.  With matched polarity, that's +28.  That makes me go WTF?  I could see giving a weaker aura a boost up, like the holster one (which currently starts at 2 and only has 3 ranks... that one could easily start at 6).  Or a stronger aura (like energy drain) a step down (starting at 0, maxing at 5).  Standard balance stuff.  But Steel Charge?  That's a weapon category.  Melee should be viable, so its aura shouldn't need to provide this huge incentive.

The snowglobe nerf was JUST SO POINTLESS.

Well, now that my rant is over. I would like to say I do like the new changes overall to the game and all other warframes, this was a very welcomed update.

...with the exception of Snowglobe.

After 53 pages of players trying to reason DE not to touch Snow Globe DE was like "F players, we don't care about their opinion", that clearly showed DE's true face.

And the Council is just instrument to say that "we a listening to players", in fact they don't, is just a staged show.

By this change they killed unique game-play-changing mechanic, now we have even less game play diversity than before the patch.

In the very end we will have 100 ember like frames with nothing different but skin, all will be just as useless as frost, without any utility usage.

So, who's next going under DE's Stupidity hammer? Loki? Trinity? Make your bets.

Edited by Darkix

what da fuk uve done to frost... 

u cant give health to the snowglobe... pls pls pls roll back 

how often i need to cast the globe in t3 dev... or high level dev.... guys this is not good...

hey community.... if u agree with me... so pls leave a " roll back " in comments

I just woke up to see that Weapons that are already OP as F*** (Flux Rifle, Latron and Latron Prime, Hek) are getting Buffed, but instead of Buffing the one Warframe that needs it, Banshee, you buff Frost and Valkyr???

600 Armor??? REALLY???

How about just giving her Godmode and Noclip as Abilities?

Buff Banshee! She is useless! All her Abilities are USELESS!

She is the bottom of the food chain! Now that she is in the Tenno Labs, I hope the Tenno are doing some massive Tweaks on her...

Please DE! PLEASE!

After 53 pages of players trying to reason DE not to touch Snow Globe DE was like "F players, we don't care about their opinion", that clearly showed DE's true face.

And the Council is just instrument to say that "we a listening to players", in fact they don't, is just a staged show.

By this change they killed unique game-play-changing mechanic, now we have even less game play diversity than before the patch.

In the very end we will have 100 ember like frames with nothing different but skin, all will be just as useless as frost, without any utility usage.

So, who's next going under DE's Stupidity hammer? Loki? Trinity? Make your bets.

If there really was 53 pages of "don't touch snow globe", then there was a good 53 pages of tripe flooding the board. Frost wasn't just powerful, he was a necessity if you wanted to play higher level missions. And he was a necessity because if the missions were any "easier", having Frost present basically ruined the entire mission. The only way past that fact was to either directly or indirectly nerf Snow Globe because Snow Globe wasn't just a unique mechanic, it was a broken mechanic. Everyone sat in the invincible little bubble and nobody ever died. And there was two ways to solve this; either build the entire game around the fact that Snow Globe exists and, as a result, counter it by making half the enemies in the game capable of ignoring it (somehow). Or they could give it a damage cap and tweak it, along with the broad damage totals dealt by enemies, until the game is in a good place. The solution taken up to this point has been to make enemies so exceedingly powerful that stepping outside of the bubble (or god forbid, an enemy gets in) results in nearly instant death. That's not fun or interesting. Give the bubble an HP cap, bring the damage dealt by enemies in line so that it isn't such a complete necessity and then it works. Frost maintains a powerful, useful shield that doesn't rip the game to shreds.

Either way, Snow Globe has been a problem since people figured out what it did and anyone with longterm perspective realizes that while this may not be a "good" change, it's a necessary change. These are growing pains. We'll see positive tweaks to Snow Globe and most likely a reappraisal of enemy damage in the coming patches.

Edited by Cysic

If there really was 53 pages of "don't touch snow globe", then there was a good 53 pages of tripe flooding the board. Frost wasn't just powerful, he was a necessity if you wanted to play higher level missions. And he was a necessity because if the missions were any "easier", having Frost present basically ruined the entire mission. The only way past that fact was to either directly or indirectly nerf Snow Globe because Snow Globe wasn't just a unique mechanic, it was a broken mechanic. Everyone sat in the invincible little bubble and nobody ever died. And there was two ways to solve this; either build the entire game around the fact that Snow Globe exists and, as a result, counter it by making half the enemies in the game capable of ignoring it (somehow). Or they could give it a damage cap and tweak it, along with the broad damage totals dealt by enemies, until the game is in a good place. The solution taken up to this point has been to make enemies so exceedingly powerful that stepping outside of the bubble (or god forbid, an enemy gets in) results in nearly instant death. That's not fun or interesting. Give the bubble an HP cap, bring the damage dealt by enemies in line so that it isn't such a complete necessity and then it works. Frost maintains a powerful, useful shield that doesn't rip the game to shreds.

Either way, Snow Globe has been a problem since people figured out what it did and anyone with longterm perspective realizes that while this may not be a "good" change, it's a necessary change. These are growing pains. We'll see positive tweaks to Snow Globe and most likely a reappraisal of enemy damage in the coming patches.

If this really is the long term plan (which makes some sense), then DE went about it backwards, and too suddenly.

Nerfing the globe should have been close to the LAST step in the process.

1. Announce that they are rebalancing survival and defense mission so that lvl X is the absolute hard cap. (aka: congratulations tenno, I can't detect any other life forms at this location)

2. Balance the damage for enemies so that time to kill at lvl X is where they want it. (at hard cap, it should be 1-hit = dead cryopod)

3. Calculate the desired duration for defensive abilities based on damage levels from 2

4. Nerf/HP/tweak defensive abilities to match desired duration.

5. Remove hard cap, and unlock infinite survival 2.0 with random bosses and smart AI instead of just increase damage and HP.

Instead we get "nerf everything, roll it back a bit, hot fix the nerf out, then try again later".

Edited by eldorel