Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12: Zephyr Rises

[DE]Rebecca

*Unintended conflict with Steam*

I have found a major issue with the new UI (at least it's major to me). The new UI in the bottom right hand corner is completely blocked when the Steam notification box pops up stating a friend has logged on/off. This will be a big problem for Trinity and Frost users as we will not be able to see our new (and very lovely) countdown timers.

Please make sure the devs are aware of this DE Rebecca and/or DE Megan, thanks.

Also, it would be nice if the new UI could be 2-3x bigger, it's so tiny on my full hd monitor.

sweet, sweet magnificent update, love the HUD, but it seriously needs scaling options, badly, might not be apparent to people running lower resolutions but 1920x1080 finds the HUD being seriously low profile, margin change options help but it's still too small, especially that minimap, though an option to have full map on all the time would be fair compensation, still, being able to see some numbers in defense missions, the new icons and sentinel stats is very nice, wasn't so sure about the leader units until i saw one using a snow globe, the life drain ones seem useless on earlier levels, lack of health, and damage to actually sustain themselves in a firefight with health leech.

Valkyr .... 600 armor....  DE can we double her shields instead lol? Srsly - freaking Birdframe 150 hp and 150 shields, while Valkyr still has 50 shields? 

...Uh, yeah, you tried using health, armor and rage mods? shields are more of a bother on valkyr for me, makes it longer between hysteria bursts, (though it'd be nice if the attacks had some aoe, chargers are kinda hard to hit) but if you have and you still feel the need for more shields, then i dunno what to say, maybe you've had bad luck, but i don't agree on Valkyr needing a shield buff. =/

I have found a major issue with the new UI (at least it's major to me). The new UI in the bottom right hand corner is completely blocked when the Steam notification box pops up stating a friend has logged on/off. This will be a big problem for Trinity and Frost users as we will not be able to see our new (and very lovely) countdown timers.

Also, it would be nice if the new UI could be 2-3x bigger, it's so tiny on my full hd monitor.

HUD margin edit option in the main settings tab, you can move the HUD further towards the center, should fix you issue, i hear you on the UI scale though.

Edited by MetaTrooper

ok, Why is Frosty Dead? What warranted that?

No Snow-Globe... Alas we knew thee well.

Wow Such Paris Prime Power! Wow Dread make Dead! Vulkar hurts more! Latron Prime is the Semi-Auto BEAST.

...Looks over at my Lanka (of many formas) *Extreme Puppy dog eyes*

(Also, Galatine Clips bad, worse than before on Banshee, Saryn, Ember, Mag, and it actually goes through Nyx's leg in noble stance)

Wait wait ... so people gave feedback not to touch snow globe but You did it ... why ?

I loved playing Frost, and it was his sepecialized ability. New players won't complain because they will not feel the diffrence on low-mid levels.

BUT for example endless deffense has enemies with growing strength, armor etc... OUR frames don't scale !

at lets say wave 50 of endless deffense Rhino with Iron skin is shreaded in few seconds, every other warframe even faster, and they can inst-kill the cryo pod or artifact. So please tell me how are we supposed to stay alive now (playing with loki or ash - ok that is doable I think) and protect the pod (this is impossible unless we play against infested - every other faction will quickly destroy the pod just shooting from afar).

Frost is slow like hell and he got nerfed now. BADLY. Beyond level 30~40 of enemies he is useless now, his offensive powers won't cover for his flaws (I'll check how his ult is now, but still I don't believe it will make a dent on lvl 75 grinner napalm, bombard, heavy and their counterpart form corpus).

High level enemies (real high, not lvl. 40) takes one or two clips of well formated weapon with maxed mods. In light of this fact it just doesn't matter if his powers are boosted by even 25%, it will just tickle the enemies.

FROST is now DEAD.

High lvl enemies will shread his snow globe, his energy will run dry from recasting, and when it does he will die, because he is slow as hell, one of the slowest frames I've seen.

I do not like this change.

Edited by tocorro

ok, Why is Frosty Dead? What warranted that?

No Snow-Globe... Alas we knew thee well.

it's for the best man, it's for the best, too many were lazing in an unbreakable icy sphere with little to no care for what was going on around them, now they must pay attention.

Edited by MetaTrooper

I must agree, the white dots under the reticle do not really provide information I would ever need. Timers on that reticule? That would probably be considerably more useful. In fact, just about any piece of information would be more useful at the reticule (ammo, shields/health, etc).

- New Weapon – “Phage” Infested Primary. Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!

- New Weapon – “Jat Kittag” Grineer Melee Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!

- New Weapon – “Akstiletto” Tenno Secondary Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!

- New Weapon – “Dual Cestras” – Dual wield your Cestras! Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!

Yea, no. Should be "Get it in the Market Today, or wait three days for Clan Research!". Because huge artificial content gates are fantastic when you can bypass them with real money.

This is great! Thanks DE!

I didn't know where to post this but I'll post it here for now. I have run into some small issues with U12 so far. Those being a bit of a performance hit with the new Earth tileset. I have always run the game maxed out in DX11 at 60 fps even during the Earth crisis event, now I experience a 15-25 fps drop on the Earth tileset just released. I have also run into some major lag while playing co-op, as in players and enemies teleporting all over the place. First time this has happened in months.

Besides those issues, U12 is amazing! Thank you DE for many months of support and great content.

impossible to launch alert from the star chart except if you play solo now. When you select one and click accept it will open the usual mission screen but without actualy voting for it. You need to find the node yourself and lick on it to launch 

Also coolant leak now appear red in the codex even when you own it (I supose it's because it as no rank) EDIT : juste realized I have the same problem with steel charge even tough this one has rank 

Also I just did an infested assassination alert and as I feared still no J3 Golem. Can you make up your mind and either put it here or remove his entry from the codex ? 

Still no codex entry for Harvester

Also I have a strange new codex entry for a mod were the name looks more like a description "Replenish energy for all team member" (rough translation from french) the picture is the same as one of the ammo mutation mods 

Game is heavily  bugged right now

Some bugs I've noticed:

* I have DUAL AK Magnus, and I keep leveling them, but every time I play a game, they reset back ONE LEVEL, its like stuck in leveling from level 26 to level 27! (I have 7 day booster)

* Severe random short freezes and stuttering during the new mission type ( Interception )

* Grinner Invasions are very strange (they seem to win all the time? Corpus were owning suddenly they were reinvading spots that the corpus had won already, is this normal behavior?)

* Sometimes the game seems to "freeze", but only certain parts of the main hud, like they are waiting for serverside stuff.

it's for the best man, it's for the best, too many were lazing in an unbreakable icy sphere with little to no care for what was going on around them, now they must pay attention.

what a shame, as FROST was the only good thing in defense against ranged enemies.

Wait wait ... so people gave feedback not to touch snow globe but You did it ... why ?

I loved playing Frost, and it was his sepecialized ability. New players won't complain because they will not feel the diffrence on low-mid levels.

BUT for example endless deffense has enemies with growing strength, armor etc... OUR frames don't scale !

at lets say wave 50 of endless deffense Rhino with Iron skin is shreaded in few seconds, every other warframe even faster, and they can inst-kill the cryo pod or artifact. So please tell me how are we supposed to stay alive now (playing with loki or ash - ok that is doable I think) and protect the pod (this is impossible unless we play against infested - every other faction will quickly destroy the pod just shooting from afar).

Frost is slow like hell and he got nerfed now. BADLY. Beyond level 30~40 of enemies he is useless now, his offensive powers won't cover for his flaws (I'll check how his ult is now, but still I don't believe it will make a dent on lvl 75 grinner napalm, bombard, heavy and their counterpart form corpus).

High level enemies (real high, not lvl. 40) takes one or two clips of well formated weapon with maxed mods. In light of this fact it just doesn't matter if his powers are boosted by even 25%, it will just tickle the enemies.

FROST is now DEAD.

High lvl enemies will shread his snow globe, his energy will run dry from recasting, and when it does he will die, because he is slow as hell, one of the slowest frames I've seen.

I do not like this change.

seems more and more warframes become "S#&$e" with these changes.

Most frames are USELESS in high levels... and you depend 100% in  weapons.

like volt? he is useless to anything above level 40 imho.

Ember? too, she dies instantly by grinner fire in higher levels.

Edited by Cesarin

What the eff is up with the Darvo alert?!  I was online before the update earlier in the evening.  Then I check back just after 8 o'clock and theres an update and the alert's gone already?  So basically it was available for a very select few for less than 4 hours, probably 1 hour like a regular alert leaving almost everyone with no chance to get it whatsoever, is that about right?

update:  Ok, so, literally 1 minute after I post this, the mission cam back up.  I'm leaving this post up just so everyone can see how frickin karazy that is.

Edited by NixinVictus

The hud:

the old hub was extremely functional.  millions of people had gotten used to stuff being in certain areas of the screen. The old mini map was much cleaner and more readable.

the old healthbars were much much more effective and useful, especially while monitoring teams health as a trinity oberon, or any other frame who is watching for team health,  putting the healthbar on top right is much harder to glance at,  NOT only all the places of things have been moved, they are extemely hard to read, and see, Before i could anticipate when someone went down, and now i cannot.  I agree that the hub is more aesthetic, but please do not change the location of things, and please again, put back own health back on the health bar "z" button,

I play constantly, and now i feel like i'm a total noob, cause i don't know why the heck i'm doing with.  Please consider using the same aesthetics but using the old placements, and making the fonts bigger.