Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy "commanders" Need Serious Buffs

notionphil

I was incredibly excited about the new enemy "commanders", so popped into some solo exterm missions on Ceres. However, after a few runs, I was disappointed to have not encountered any. So I took one final run...just in case I had missed them.

On my last run, I examined each mobs name before killing it. Turns out, they were quite easy to overlook. I came across a Shield Lancer commader (don't remember exact name) with an Ice Aura which...well, I assume it did something. But it was kind of hard to tell because a small burst from my mid ranked Grakata insta-killed him.

Yes, a tiny tap of the trigger from a mid-ranked, mid-tier weapon killed an enemy commander on a level 30 mission. Of course, we don't want low level commanders to be OP...but in the highest level missions, DE...can we get a bit more defensive scaling? Why put that effort in to make "improved AI" and team buffs if the mobs are going to just get instakilled?

I can't even imagine how many commanders I killed without even noticing in the run up to this one. I'm not sure if you guys made them power resistant but I'm going to guess no. So, any tap of essentially any key will immediately slaughter these "commanders". That's fine for the low level game....but again, in the higher level content - challenge is severely lacking. If one or two mobs a mission actually pose a threat, it's not going to break the game.

TLDR - Enemy commanders die instantly in high level missions. Please give them much, much more survivability so that they are actually noticeable/challenging.

I've noticed a few already, just running Kappa today. ice Crewmen run around with a Snow Globe on, which is a trip to see. I like to see the variety - they'll likely be balanced out with the other enemies shortly, and take a couple more shots to bring down.

I've noticed a few already, just running Kappa today. ice Crewmen run around with a Snow Globe on, which is a trip to see. I like to see the variety - they'll likely be balanced out with the other enemies shortly, and take a couple more shots to bring down.

I absolutely love the concept of variety.

I just want that variety to stand up to a stern look from a grakata, and hopefully shrug off an ult, at least in high level content :)

Edited by notionphil

I absolutely love the concept of variety.

I just want that variety to stand up to a stern look from a grakata, and hopefully shrug off an ult, at least in high level content :)

This is a rough guesstimate based on my experiences just tonight, but it seems like they have roughly 25% to 50% more HP than a normal enemy for their level. If that's right, then that sort of buff is close to perfect.

Just remember that most of us optimize our weaponry for taking on T3 Defense, so they might not be as impressive to us veterans with five Forma in our favorite weapons. ;)

This is a rough guesstimate based on my experiences just tonight, but it seems like they have roughly 25% to 50% more HP than a normal enemy for their level. If that's right, then that sort of buff is close to perfect.

Just remember that most of us optimize our weaponry for taking on T3 Defense, so they might not be as impressive to us veterans with five Forma in our favorite weapons. ;)

Agreed that a 5 forma weapon is for higher level content than a L30 ext...however, this was a 2 star grakata, maybe rank 15?

+25-50% HP boost is negligible for a commander mob in high level content.

I'd think these mobs should pose a serious threat to an entire team. Maybe something like +100% HP for every Tenno in squad.

If 1-2 per mission is their avg frequency, it's not unreasonable that an avg player might have to spend, I dunno...5-10 seconds trying to bring it down?

No, seriously, they're the same as the other mobs.

For once, atleast THINK before blurting out "too easy" and remember someday you'll find a napalm commander.

I look forward to a napalm commander...However, I probably won't notice him between iron skin, mprime, chaos, somas, pentas, etc.

I'm not playing the "pro" card here...I'd just like to see some interactions in game that make players take a second and think, adjust etc. If these mobs die in 1.5 hits instead of 1, it's not going to make that happen.

Again - not talking about offensive power. Just lasting power.

So far I've only seen ice troops with snowglobes and leech infested. Honestly, I was kind of hoping they'd be actual minibosses that take some time and effort to take down, can't help but agree they're a bit underwhelming.

For once, atleast THINK before blurting out "too easy" and remember someday you'll find a napalm commander.

Napalms with Snowglobes...

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

3 napalms worth of lasting power?

No thanks, their ridiculous enough already

Napalms have their own issues with unavoidable AoE hitbox etc, let's not derail the topic bc of some specific mob's balance issues.

In general, most mobs in game don't have overwhelming offensive power, so giving them 25-50% (or whatever it is) bonus HP is meaningless for our interaction with them. They die instantly.

Just did some T3 ext. missions solo and in my opinion commanders are nice addition to the game.

It would be nice if their AI will be improved. Since they are kind of elite unit and should act this way. 

that means only engaging if snow globe or other stuff is activated otherwise taking distance and always cover etc. 

Overall I like it, it was first time where I found T3 ext. challenging compared to other units. And a good mix of them is nice to fight

In void there are more common than usual missions. But maybe I'm wrong. However I did only surv and ext. today so far. 

Like them!