The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U12 Valkyr Changes Feedback

Cyrionn

I think it would be fine as long as it was optional or on Hysteria only (maybe put some use to that charge attack button). I could see why it would be nice if you are fighting, say, a lone bombard and you feel like meleeing that sucka to death, but not when your fighting 5 normal enemies or a horde of infested.

Exactly and well... still roleplay wise, in a rage state doing a stylish finisher move... it just doesn't feel right. The more you hit, the more blood spilled, the better.

I know I'm still being stubborn there, but I feel like players want to get Valkyr to feel this "rush", see their screen turning blood red while mashing E for pure brutality.

Ok, sorry mister moderator, I just wanted to make sure players will see this so they will put their feedback in here.

I'm not intending to take my ideas on top of every other, it is just that it seemed to me this is the only post around that actually talks about the feedback on the U12 changes.

I said it earlier, feel free to warn or even ban me, I don't care as long as some staff member could gather the information in here. People made a very good job I would gladly assume any reprehensive action for this.

Oh and feel free to report me also, thanks ! :)

Edit : 7) BUMPING - it is not condoned, but all cases of bumping issues will be handled case by case determined by the nature of the thread.

Edited by Cyrionn

Actually it is - especially if you do it in the form of double posting.

Shh shh shhhh. Hush now. You have no power here.

Anyway, speaking of current Hysteria builds, I saw lots of mentions of Dual Ichor and Dual Zoren, but not much about the Jam Kitkat. Are the Duals still superior or is Jam Kitkat the go-to weapon now?

Keep up the great work DE, I love what you have done to Valk so far! ^_^ Shes totally my most fav warframe ever. Don't change a thing about her. Just keep buffing her if needed. You must realize there are people who love to melee and this fits perfectly with our play style. Just because it doesn't fit some peoples doesn't mean everybody will agree. I love melee combat and that is my play style. This warframe Valkyr makes all my melee dreams come true.

You must realize there are people who love to melee and this fits perfectly with our play style.

Yeah, especially once the cool new Melee 2.0 hits and everyone but Valkyr gets to enjoy that.

Get real, bro. Valkyr is far from fine.

Keep up the great work DE, I love what you have done to Valk so far! ^_^ Shes totally my most fav warframe ever. Don't change a thing about her. Just keep buffing her if needed. You must realize there are people who love to melee and this fits perfectly with our play style. Just because it doesn't fit some peoples doesn't mean everybody will agree. I love melee combat and that is my play style. This warframe Valkyr makes all my melee dreams come true.

Just wait until the Grineer/Corpus use their special technique to dodge your attacks. CROUCH!

I have to say I had the exact same opinion the first week I played with her, it was my third frame though. And god, I loved her and I still do.

But when I had to play other frames I realized that even if I love her and the concept is awesome, I just don't go back to her. I always have a way better choice in arsenal, Rhino for nightmare, Trin or Nyx for classic survivals, Frost/Nova/Nyx for defenses, Nyx for chilling, Ember for infestations, Oberon or Nyx when I go pickup missions, Nyx for...about anything I want to go and win with ease and sexyness.

Now Pirate_Shark's opinion isn't to sneeze at, he's not the only one to say this for the first 10 or 20 hours you'll play with her. It clearly shows that there is something in this frame making us love it, that the concept is something players want to use. And he said "Keep on buffing her".

That said, we that have played her oh that much we all know where she belongs for now, and that's not Valhalla but more the shelf of our arsenal, sadly. At least until the upcomming changes show up, but I don't want to have expectations anymore, it's the best way to be deceived.

Edit : Well I read on another topic I won't take part in anymore that in fact you have 5 forma on her so a bit of experience, you even talk about killing +100 level ennemies. I also have a 5 formaed Valkyr and played her a lot even after the fifth forma.

And she is very far from killing anything with ease, she's now even handicaped stucked with three different melee weapons to be a bit more efficient than she was before U12.

And if you had such an experience of her you just can't say everythings fine with the tons of bugs that can happen with Hysteria, and I'm not even talking about the animation which is the main issue since...forever?

I thought you were an innocent newcommer sorry, now I think you must have missed something, or lied. :)

Edited by Cyrionn

Edit : Well I read on another topic I won't take part in anymore that in fact you have 5 forma on her so a bit of experience, you even talk about killing +100 level ennemies. I also have a 5 formaed Valkyr and played her a lot even after the fifth forma.

And she is very far from killing anything with ease, she's now even handicaped stucked with three different melee weapons to be a bit more efficient than she was before U12.

And if you had such an experience of her you just can't say everythings fine with the tons of bugs that can happen with Hysteria, and I'm not even talking about the animation which is the main issue since...forever?

I thought you were an innocent newcommer sorry, now I think you must have missed something, or lied. :)

I am pretty sure it can safely be assumed that she is far exaggerating her capabilities with a Valkyr, when people have shown (key word right there) that anything short of a pure power build for Hysteria has difficulty on lvl 40 gunners, let alone lvl 100 enemies. That, or Pirate_Shark is referring to going all guns at that point, which all frames are capable of, but there is a large pool of frames that overshadow Valkyr at this point.

I'm not sure if it was a bug, or an ability someone had used without me noticing,, lack of sleep affecting my perception, or even if something's changed, but I ran an Infested survival mission last night and Hysteria seemed a lot less 'floaty', and actually seemed to move me forwards like a regular melee weapon would.

Going to hop in now and see what it's like.

Couple more missions down. Hysteria does indeed seem to propel me forwards a fair bit more.

Now I'm not sure if the end of mission report is accurate - how can I get 350 kills, twice as many as the next guy, and only have done 18% of the mission damage?

Also how the hell did I manage to get that many kills...

Edit: of course, Hysteria kills are not counted as melee kills so that was about... eight.

Edited by LoopStricken

Well as far as I can remember Valkyr always had this litlle "push forward" on each punch, it doesn't seem to have been really changed with U12 but I might be wrong, I didn't have the occasion to try right before and after the patch.

Now about the kills...hmm.. I'll take a joker ! Though on infested Hysteria isn't dealing this bad damage especially if you have a crit weapon, it's possible that you got all the "last hits" (hehe, more gold I guess to get your blood thirster faster !).