Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.x Weapon Balance Notes

PrickleyPete

Please put back the Vandal Damage to what it was pre-U7. There is now no advantage to using it over the Braton, due to the Braton's much higher fire rate.

+1 Why has the Vandal been so badly nerfed? It is no longer special. And The Lato prime why nerf the most exclusive weapon? It was not OP. Edited by rotekz

Nerf to the Braton vandel is very disapointing. Though like others have noted the UI still says 20 damage. Honestly what is the point of the vandel if it has basically the same damage as the other bratons. If they are going to leave the damage at 18 maybe a clip size boost is in order.

^This. What is the point in nerfing reward weapons? They weren't all that amazing in the first place anyways.

Edited by Aggh

Why did they nerf the Vandals? It's already hard to use them over the other guns that clearly outshine them. Oh well, looks like the Vandals go back to the inventory n wait of (hopefully) eventual buff back into usefulness.

Overall rebalance of weapons looks very good

I think Braton and Braton Vandal should have the same stats, difference should be only visual (skin) ?

maybe fire rate of Braton and damage of B.Vandal?

p.s. I have B.Vandal

edit:

Why nerf stuff? From awesome super-space-ninja game to a tactical shooter? Stop it.

hm, V0LK made a good point, warframe musn't loose it's original pace

Edited by Strac_CRO

I think Braton and Braton Vandal should have the same stats, difference should be only visual (skin) ?

maybe fire rate of Braton and damage of B.Vandal?

The two were almost on par with each other before - the Vandal was slightly better because of higher damage per mag, but their DPS were roughly the same.

Now the Vandal has a lower RoF and a measly 1 damage per bullet more than the regular Braton.

And personally, I think exclusive weapons should feel exclusive when you use them. It just being a skin seems a bit s*** to me.

You give the community special weapons for participating in the closed beta and then you nerf those weapons straight to hell.

I can't be the only one thinking what was the point giving them to us in the first place. Next patch the Lato and Braton Vandals will probably do less damage than their normal counterparts.

Edited by fatfree

BRATON:

Damage now 17, was 16

MKI-BRATON:

Damage now 16, was 13 / Reload time now 2.2, was 2.37

BRATON VANDAL:

Damage now 18, was 20 / Crit Chance now 7.5%, was 5%

You did not just do that... That just pretty much made all the Bratons almost the same.

They hit both the Vandals hard. At least the free weapon slot wasn't taken back.

True, but at least they tried to balance it out with better crit rates so there isn't much reason to complain (especially with the new modding system.)

True, but at least they tried to balance it out with better crit rates so there isn't much reason to complain (especially with the new modding system.)

Crit rate doesn't seem to work at all. I put a max Point Strike mod on my Braton Vandal. +45% crit chance. I see a crit maybe once or twice per mag.

Why the nerf to the Hek? Now it does less damage than the strun, assuming they haven't changed the strun's base # of pellets. 14*10=140 damage per shot from the Strun, 19*7=133 damage per shot from the Hek. Even without the nerf it would still only deal 136(17*8) damage, still less than the strun, but now it deals less damage than before. The Hek is a little more accurate than the strun so at mid range they'll probably have similar average damage. I assume the Hek is still mastery rank 4 locked because the changes didn't mention anything about changing that. Why bother with xp locking weapons if they're just side-grades to existing weapons?

I don't get this nerf business. This is PvE game, balance is not that important, just let people have fun!

Taking steps into very boring direction.

The point is that adding new weapons is pointless if there isn't a reason to use them. If one weapon is the absolute best of its class, then why would anyone ever use anything else? This makes the game boring because there's no options. You want to use an assault rifle? Then X is the only thing that makes sense. See what I mean?

Ideally a game like this would let its weapons be good for different reasons. There should never be one weapon that is good in all situations. Hence, balance.