Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.x Weapon Balance Notes

PrickleyPete

Alright, I can get that the Vandal was nerfed. It annoys me to hell and back, but it's not like you had to pay for them. On the other hand, the Lato Prime basically costs TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS and yet now it is just the same thing as a Lato. I paid that much money because I really loved this game. It's fresh and fun. But having the rewards I was given for supporting the game turned into garbage is just flatout hurtful. As it stands, there was absolutely no reason for me to have gotten Grand Master over Master. The Skana Prime at least does noticeably more damage than the regular Skana, and the Excal Prime looks cooler than the regular Excal. But why is the biggest reward a tiny pistol that is no better than the one you get just by making an account? It's not even a big item that you can appreciate the skin of, like the Skana Prime (although even that would be aggravating, if all it was was a big skin). I'm honestly starting to regret upgrading all the way to Grand Master, even though I don't regret supporting the game. This nerf to the Prime feels like a complete slap in the face for having provided a substantial amount of money to the devs when they were just starting to make the game.

It's one god damn point of damage. Out of 26.

Your weapon was nerfed by 4%. Thats really that big of a deal?

You can have all my +1's :P

and my +2s and 3s

If they want to let clan members spar in the dojo. That's fine. That actually makes co-op/pvp makes sense. You would be helping each other train, master mobility and gauge dmg etc etc.

But PvP proper or vs is so played out... so easy to screw up the balance. so easy to stumble into play to win. Plus I like how the game is structured to use abilities in tandem with teammates.

My vote is to keep it PvP.

NOW if DE wants to do a no weapons VS Parkour style obstacle course speed run as a change of pace and a way to hone your parkour skills. I'm for that!

lets race!

Edited by RawGritz

The strun is over powered now, especially because it's so cheap. I think it's number of pellets should be changed from 10 to 9, which would bring it's damage to 126 instead of 140. A weapon that costs less than half as much as the other shotguns should not be better than them. It having ten pellets makes it op when using multishot mods.

There is some balance in weapons - cheap weapon don't mean "worst" weapon. So, "nerf it bcs it's shotgun for newbies" - bad idea.

why the bloody hell nerf the lato prime?it needed a buff if anything

im not gonna believe that there is some cospiracy in this but nerfing the grand master weapon immediately after you close the the founder program it's insanely lame.

even the vandal,why?it was fine the way it was

and even more absurdly you buffed the LEX,wich is probably the strongest pistol in the game by far,i use it all the time it's insane how accurate and deadly that thing is,and you guys just made it even more deadly?

seriously DE i hope this patch notes are a big delayed april fool,because frankly i cant believe to wtf i am reading right now.

Edited by Gadrak

Lex should be changed so that it's larger. As is, it's perhaps smaller than a Lato, despite being the largest caliber pistol. It would also look pretty kick &#! as a revolver, considering it has a 6 magazine capacity.

There is some balance in weapons - cheap weapon don't mean "worst" weapon. So, "nerf it bcs it's shotgun for newbies" - bad idea.

That's not what I meant, It does more damage than the other shotguns now because of multishot mods. But the nerf I suggested is a little harsh hows this: pellets changed from 10 to 9, damage per pellet changed from 14 to 15. This would take it's base damage to 135. Also, by that reasoning, the lato should be as good as the kraken, bolto or bronco Edited by Uaneped

I think the Infested are extremely overpowered. It takes far too many rounds from a heavily upgraded rifle to kill even the smallest ones and they cause a lot of damage even in the first mission when they are encountered.

You must be using all the wrong mods then. I don't find the infested more difficult than the other factions. Also, different weapons are better than others for a certain faction, for example, shotguns, fire and ice damage are good to deal with them.

Edited by Uaneped

That's not what I meant, It does more damage than the other shotguns now because of multishot mods. But the nerf I suggested is a little harsh hows this: pellets changed from 10 to 9, damage per pellet changed from 14 to 15. This would take it's base damage to 135. Also, by that reasoning, the lato should be as good as the kraken, bolto or bronco

Better decrease accuracu, bcs i can kill enemies on middle distance. I mean, we have different shotguns: Strun (damage), Boar (rate of fire, clip size) and HEK (accuracy).

Better decrease accuracu, bcs i can kill enemies on middle distance. I mean, we have different shotguns: Strun (damage), Boar (rate of fire, clip size) and HEK (accuracy).

I think the accuracy for the strun is fine, but the number of pellets is a little high and should be decreased by one. If that happens, the damage per pellet just needs to go up by one to prevent it from being too much of a nerf Edited by Uaneped

It's one god damn point of damage. Out of 26.

Your weapon was nerfed by 4%. Thats really that big of a deal?

Yes it is a big deal. It was not overpowered and cost a lot of real money. It's a kick in the nuts to all Grandmasters. It should have been buffed or left alone.

I think the accuracy for the strun is fine, but the number of pellets is a little high and should be decreased by one. If that happens, the damage per pellet just needs to go up by one to prevent it from being too much of a nerf

He can shoot enemies on distance of assault rifle. Difference between HEK and Strum are wery small. First have square conus of fire, second - horizontal rectangle, that's all. Both can shoot enemies on other side of standart room.

Yes it is a big deal. It was not overpowered and cost a lot of real money. It's a kick in the nuts to all Grandmasters. It should have been buffed or left alone.

it needed to be buffed,it was average at max,but absolutely not good

I'm with whoever says screw PvP and 'balance.' Make it fun. Make wild, creative warframes and weapons. Keep PvE and let's wreck some faces!

I'd agree if they weren't introducing competitive scoreboarding. In which case, you need balance so you don't get Clan's with people only using Hek's and Bronco's.

I have been using a level 30 latron and a level 30 lex. (together side by side at same time for about 3 days now)

The lex definitely outshines it. I feel if the reload speed/ clip size of the latron wasn't so attrocious it could stand up dps wise.

When fighting super low level mobs and your gun kills them in 1 bullet - the latron is clearly superior because of its clip size... but for fights more matched to your rank - it really hurts. 6 shots to kill a single mob is too much for a semi auto gun ESPECIALLY when the clip size is 15 =.=. The lex just seems to do it faster.

I am glad its no longer the pea shooter it used to be. But you just gave everyone in the game a pistol with better stats than the latron. Lato vandal might do less damage per shot - but the clip size is identical, accuracy is just as strong, and it reloads 3x faster. DPS wise - it clearly outshines the latron. And thats just not good :\

On that note - i finally built a hex - haven't even gotten to use it but it sounds like it got a nerf lol Dx oi </3

The high damage of the Lex makes sense given it's more of a sniping tool. You comparing the dps of a latron to it is a little flawed because you're not taking into account that with the Lex, any shot missed is quite costly given the low clip and slow reload/fire rate compared to other weapons which are more forgiving.

Outside of the other pros you listed regarding how it's more useful vs low level mobs which don't require so much overkill damage, you can also afflict more elemental damage to a wider group with a gun that fires more shots per second than the Lex which is primarily a single target sniping tool. ie: afflict freeze dmg to a group coming in to swarm your team, rather than just trying to take out 1 or 2 with the Lex. Just my two cents.

Edited by WF-Sparhawk

Let's start from the beginning.
"Gargon"
Those who were in the closed beta will remember that at level 30 it was 244 cartridge holder. And the amount of ammunition could be raised to 800 cartridge. Given the very strong radial recoil and low accuracy was the only applicable option. In Patch 7 gun was greatly weakened. Given the lack of anti-armor weapon damage at the moment is only effective against some bosses. And then on the effectiveness of it is much inferior to BOLTOR, given that all things being equal it 5-7 on 90 shots against 60 shots to 18. Just makes the situation worse is that the maximum level of the modules on the amount of ammo clips and give an increase of 30-35%.
My recommendation is to increase the volume of his ammo and clips.
"Kraken"
At the moment the gun is not as effective as being in the patch 6. Two shots of 45 given that 60% of the second shot misses the goal of greatly reducing the damage weapon damage. I think to redefine the concept of a gun.
"Plasma Sword"
In theory this should be a strong sword attack charge and a high chance of kriticheskogno damage. Plo observations sword has low damage, crit damage is not large (with 20 strikes out 1 or 2 hits), just slower attack speed makes it of little use in clashes with the enemy.
What about the rest of the weapons, while studying.
And please take into account that this is my personal opinion.
Thank you for your consideration.

In case of translation errors in the original post the message, Ru.

Начнем по порядку.
"Гаргона"
Те кто был на закрытой бета наверное помнят что на 30 уровне у нее обойма составляла 244 патрона. И объем боекомплекта можно было довести до 800 патрон. Учитывая очень сильную радиальную отдачу и низкую точность это был единственный применимый вариант. В патче 7 Пулемет оказался сильно ослаблен. Учитывая отсутствие бронебойного урона оружие в данный момент эффективно только против некоторых босов. И то по эффективности оно сильно уступает BOLTOR, учитывая что при равных условиях у него 90 выстрелов по 5-7 против 60 выстрелов по 18. Так же ухудшает положение то что максимального уровня модули на объем обоймы и боезапас дают прибавку в 30-35%.
Моя рекомендация увеличить ему боезапас и объем обоймы.
"Кракен"
В данный момент пистолет не так эффективен как был в патче 6. Два выстрела по 45 учитывая что в 60% случаев второй выстрел не попадает в цель сильно снижают наносимый оружием урон. Думаю стоит пересмотреть концепцию пистолета.
"Plasma Sword"
По идее у этого меча должна быть сильная атака зарядом и высокий шанс критическогно урона. Пло наблюдениям мечь имеет низкий урон, шанс критического урона не большой (с 20 ударов вышел 1 или 2 удара), так же низкая скорость атаки делает его мало полезным в столкновениях с противником.
Насчет остального оружия, пока изучаю.
И прошу учесть что это лично мое мнение.
Спасибо за рассмотрение.

people are talking about "passive nerfs" to weapons.

Is it that the points you spent on the old trees did not have their effects removed? I kinda didn't start under that mod system.

If it's not that, then I suppose I should go back out to pluto with my totally non supercharged gear and see if I can still clear missions? The folks saying update 7 made endgame areas impossible are wrong imo, I'm too new to remember it as ever having been easymode.

Please remove the nerf from the Lato Prime. I'm not a founder of even the lowest rank but those people supported you making a game I play a fair amount of, let them eat cake.

also, overheat has a damage reduction effect?! I might actually start using that, was the one power on my ember I had not tried yet.

Final suggestion.. as rankups are only for unlocking weapons, perhaps you could put passive buffs in that, albiet in smaller numbers. would give a point to testing past rank 4. it would also help the old timers regain some of their past glory...

Keep being awesome Devs. :)

people are talking about "passive nerfs" to weapons.

Is it that the points you spent on the old trees did not have their effects removed? I kinda didn't start under that mod system.

If it's not that, then I suppose I should go back out to pluto with my totally non supercharged gear and see if I can still clear missions? The folks saying update 7 made endgame areas impossible are wrong imo, I'm too new to remember it as ever having been easymode.

Please remove the nerf from the Lato Prime. I'm not a founder of even the lowest rank but those people supported you making a game I play a fair amount of, let them eat cake.

also, overheat has a damage reduction effect?! I might actually start using that, was the one power on my ember I had not tried yet.

Final suggestion.. as rankups are only for unlocking weapons, perhaps you could put passive buffs in that, albiet in smaller numbers. would give a point to testing past rank 4. it would also help the old timers regain some of their past glory...

Keep being awesome Devs. :)

Yes, there used to be +damage, fire rate, clip size, crit damage, crit chance and reload speed (range instead of reload speed for melee) passively gained by all weapons as you leveled them.  While I think some general balancing still needs to be done on the weapons (and some number transparency either here in the forums or even better listed in game) it would be nice to see something passively gained from leveling... be it simply clip size or reload (something not directly damage related, but that could have a minor dps effect).

I can't find the thread for suggestions so I will just put it here. There seems to be no real goal for the game which makes it extremely repetitive and pointless. Right now, what everyone is trying to do is farm for new warframes without spending money on platinum, i guess? There should be more incentive and stuff. Also, players wouldn't know where to go or what to do if not for googling warframe wiki for information like which bosses drop what warframe parts and where you can find them.