Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.x Weapon Balance Notes

PrickleyPete

Hm. I dont feel that these changes are major enough to warrant the fear of peoples weapons being "ruined." I mean, the weapons need some work. Id rather they make me lose power by 1 and increase reload by a tenth of a second than halve the power or something drastic. Balance comes in fine-tuning stages, and thats what we are i feel.

I don't see the point to level masteries if the weapons owned regarding those levels are average. There is no point playing more for me when I mastered all my favourite weapons because I don't like to play with the others. We don't have any bonus finishing levels or acquiring Master Xp.

I think there is a big work to do here.

Edited by Zyhend

I don't see the point to level masteries if the weapons owned regarding those levels are average. There is no point playing more for me when I mastered all my favourite weapons because I don't like to play with the others. We don't have any bonus finishing levels or acquiring Master Xp.

I think there is a big work to do here.

Ofc...

This is still beta,it is far from finished, and they aint done when it is out of beta. Cause updates are gonna come, new things are gonna come. Everything could just change in 1 day, or maybe not, but hopefully you get my point.

Edited by NovaKiller

I think the idea is you get mastery for leveling weapons, so once you max one weapon you buy a new one and use that for a different playstyle (a weaker one sure, but if you've ever used a maxed hek it gets kinda boring after a while)

I've got 24 weapons, 15 of which are at 30

Yeah, some weapons are crap, but if you've got good mods you can slot them in and start rolling face and getting EXP as well

Plus as far as I know you only need to reach rank 4 to be able to use any of the current weapons and I'm at 6

And before you make claims I've only spent 10usd on the game so far

Why nerf anything in this game. THERE IS NO PVP. so whats the point of the nerfs. Is everyone whining cause some one else is getting more kills them. If so just change your weapon or learn how to use it better

I have been using a level 30 latron and a level 30 lex. (together side by side at same time for about 3 days now)

The lex definitely outshines it. I feel if the reload speed/ clip size of the latron wasn't so attrocious it could stand up dps wise.

When fighting super low level mobs and your gun kills them in 1 bullet - the latron is clearly superior because of its clip size... but for fights more matched to your rank - it really hurts. 6 shots to kill a single mob is too much for a semi auto gun ESPECIALLY when the clip size is 15 =.=. The lex just seems to do it faster.

I am glad its no longer the pea shooter it used to be. But you just gave everyone in the game a pistol with better stats than the latron. Lato vandal might do less damage per shot - but the clip size is identical, accuracy is just as strong, and it reloads 3x faster. DPS wise - it clearly outshines the latron. And thats just not good :\

On that note - i finally built a hex - haven't even gotten to use it but it sounds like it got a nerf lol Dx oi </3

My latron is way more powerful then my lex..both have catalysts as well as no mod slots left..my latron does 890 on a crewman headshot and crits for 2680. My lex only does 770 on a headshot and 980 on a crit. I dont find the lex superior to the latron at all.

Edited by ikillyou1990

Why nerf anything in this game. THERE IS NO PVP. so whats the point of the nerfs. Is everyone whining cause some one else is getting more kills them. If so just change your weapon or learn how to use it better

Balance is still important in a Co-op game. Some degree of effort goes into the creation of every weapon. If there's one weaponhekthat completelyhek dominates the rest, it sort of hekencourages EVERYhekONE to use just that one weapon and the variety of playstyles begin to decrease causing the game to become stale. Sure, other weapons may still be viable and no one is "making" you use the best weapons, but you will be playing in a less efficient manner than everyone else and some of the fun and joy of the game is lost.

Then let everyone run around with GM weapons since balance means nothing for you.

Poor Lato Prime

$250 to get ...but almost identical to the FREE starting pistol...  and it just lost another point of Damage...

i mean... Lex just got EVERY aspect buffed but Your Grand Masters ONLY weapon gets weakened?

Give the poor thing some Love Devs and the GMs might actually USE the poor thing

Poor Lato Prime

$250 to get ...but almost identical to the FREE starting pistol...  and it just lost another point of Damage...

i mean... Lex just got EVERY aspect buffed but Your Grand Masters ONLY weapon gets weakened?

Give the poor thing some Love Devs and the GMs might actually USE the poor thing

I use my lato prime. its a nice pistol, weak, yes. But then again I always loved it because of its unique model and skin. Its a nice trophy ^^

A Trophy I can kill grineer with :D

EDIT: and Grandmasters got the Skana Prime too. Dont forget that one =P

Edited by MilesCadre

Poor Lato Prime

Lato prime is not a 250$ weapon, it's a weapon you get for free, if you pay 250$ to support the game. It's a luxury item to let peope know how much dedicated you are to this game, and that's why it's so shiny and unique... However it would not be fair to all the other players if you could get a pistol better than the lex only if you pay 250$. The uproar for a 10$ weapon that you (apparently) can obtain for free if enough proof of that.

My latron is way more powerful then my lex..both have catalysts as well as no mod slots left..my latron does 890 on a crewman headshot and crits for 2680. My lex only does 770 on a headshot and 980 on a crit. I dont find the lex superior to the latron at all.

Ehm... Lex allows you to bring a different Primary weapon, can Latron do it? I guess no :p

Soo. i still waiting the changes for my lex and snipetron.

thought they upped snipetron dmg and reduce reload speed already? but in game the dmg on snipetron still says 100 and reload speed is still slow as f***.

on patch notes it said strun 14 dmg per pellet from 12 but in game description dmg is now 130? something wrong or am i misunderstanding something?

Lato prime is not a 250$ weapon, it's a weapon you get for free, if you pay 250$ to support the game. It's a luxury item to let peope know how much dedicated you are to this game, and that's why it's so shiny and unique... However it would not be fair to all the other players if you could get a pistol better than the lex only if you pay 250$. The uproar for a 10$ weapon that you (apparently) can obtain for free if enough proof of that.

sry to break it to you but that no longer is the case since the arrival of the glaive they threw that ideology out the window with pay only or wait for an eternity.

Edited by Myo86

Unless you're saying you're using the exact same mods on both weapons (which is impossible), your argument is invalid. Crewman headshots take 2000% armor piercing dmg. Rifle armor piercing mods max out at 60% bonus while pistol armor piercing mods max out at a 30% bonus. On top of that serration maxes out at 165% dmg bonus and hornet strike maxes out at 220%. You're never going to get your mods on a long gun and pistol to match perfectly to make the comparison you're trying to make.

sry to break it to you but that no longer is the case since the arrival of the glaive they threw that ideology out the window with pay only or wait for an eternity.

Sorry to break it to you, but that system was in place long before the glaive. Every single unique helmet in the game is offered like this and no one had a complaint until now with the glaive. Everyone is acting like it's the holy grail of items in this game and if they have to wait another second for the ? alert to offer it as a reward, they're going to fade away and die. Be happy they offer it as a ? reward at all, because they certainly don't have to and I know countless other companies that wouldn't offer a free way to get it because they know demand is that high.

Gluck, on 30 Apr 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Sorry to break it to you, but that system was in place long before the glaive. Every single unique helmet in the game is offered like this and no one had a complaint until now with the glaive. Everyone is acting like it's the holy grail of items in this game and if they have to wait another second for the ? alert to offer it as a reward, they're going to fade away and die. Be happy they offer it as a ? reward at all, because they certainly don't have to and I know countless other companies that wouldn't offer a free way to get it because they know demand is that high.

lol you obviously never tried getting ultra rare weapons from me3 mp's rng god. just saying, its significantly morre frustrating than this game and its all free. but they make you pay for it with 500 hours of game time Edited by thatdamnlobster

lol you obviously never tried getting ultra rare weapons from me3 mp's rng god. just saying, its significantly morre frustrating than this game and its all free. but they make you pay for it with 500 hours of game time

Quite true I have not. However, I don't think it's necessarily fair to compare another games RNG to this one's? I work 40+hrs a week, and with websites like http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ or DE's own twitter feed, I do keep an eye on ? alerts.and have managed to get every single available artifact, the pangolin sword, dark sword, the dagger axe skin, the brokk hammer skin, and most of the unique helmets. To be fair I have also unlocked every single mission so that I have access to every potential alert no matter where it spawns. But this is getting a little off track. My point earlier was merely that the glaive is available as a ? reward, and it totally didn't have to be. Which would have been an egregious misstep towards EA (bad) territory. Myo86 made it sound like DE was taking it's first steps towards becoming something commercial and the glaive was that first step. Which I just don't agree wtih.

That being said, I do find that having such a long list of items only being available as ? rewards is problematic and will only get worse in time. As there are many people looking for something specific (like the Glaive), and the odds of it coming up get lower and lower with each new item added to the ? drop list. But. And there is a "but". I believe that DE will address that issue moving forward, because they keep a tighter eye on community response than any devs I have ever seen or worked with.