Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.x Weapon Balance Notes

PrickleyPete

Quite true I have not. However, I don't think it's necessarily fair to compare another games RNG to this one's? I work 40+hrs a week, and with websites like http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ or DE's own twitter feed, I do keep an eye on ? alerts.and have managed to get every single available artifact, the pangolin sword, dark sword, the dagger axe skin, the brokk hammer skin, and most of the unique helmets. To be fair I have also unlocked every single mission so that I have access to every potential alert no matter where it spawns. But this is getting a little off track. My point earlier was merely that the glaive is available as a ? reward, and it totally didn't have to be. Which would have been an egregious misstep towards EA (bad) territory. Myo86 made it sound like DE was taking it's first steps towards becoming something commercial and the glaive was that first step. Which I just don't agree wtih.

That being said, I do find that having such a long list of items only being available as ? rewards is problematic and will only get worse in time. As there are many people looking for something specific (like the Glaive), and the odds of it coming up get lower and lower with each new item added to the ? drop list. But. And there is a "but". I believe that DE will address that issue moving forward, because they keep a tighter eye on community response than any devs I have ever seen or worked with.

btw i agreed with everything you said before, i just felt it noting that there are more issues with other games than this one. maybe me3 is just really really frustrating and am used to it, so this one seems ok to me. but i like how they have this alert system set up

Unless you're saying you're using the exact same mods on both weapons (which is impossible), your argument is invalid. Crewman headshots take 2000% armor piercing dmg. Rifle armor piercing mods max out at 60% bonus while pistol armor piercing mods max out at a 30% bonus. On top of that serration maxes out at 165% dmg bonus and hornet strike maxes out at 220%. You're never going to get your mods on a long gun and pistol to match perfectly to make the comparison you're trying to make.

Sorry to break it to you, but that system was in place long before the glaive. Every single unique helmet in the game is offered like this and no one had a complaint until now with the glaive. Everyone is acting like it's the holy grail of items in this game and if they have to wait another second for the ? alert to offer it as a reward, they're going to fade away and die. Be happy they offer it as a ? reward at all, because they certainly don't have to and I know countless other companies that wouldn't offer a free way to get it because they know demand is that high.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

YES! Now hek is shotgun that i approve and i love it. It's not hard neft cuz in the end it's only 3 dmg less than before. They added damage fall-off to all shotguns so that mean no more hek sniping. IT'S A SHOTGUN!

Initiate with 1 post commenting on balance. ROFL. FYI a shotgun will blow your &#! away from well over 20 metres away, bud. You subscribe too much to the weird theory that most shooters seem to have ie. shotguns only have slightly more range than melee weapons. WTF is the point of them, then?

Anyway, these nerfs are horrible when added on to the fact that all the passive level buffs have been negated. On top of the questionable efficiency of the new mod system - there seems to no longer be a WarFrame mod that buffs melee damage, which has really been a kick in the nuts for melee in general. I don't want to, at my maximum level EVERYTHING (Gun, Frame, Melee Weapon), have to hit ANY normal enemy more than 5 times with a GIGANTIC FF'ing SWORD/AXE. That REALLY breaks the feel of the game, for me. I do not care if they ARE lvl 55 - let them do more damage to me then (which they already dooooooo, yessiree Bob!) rather than SUDDENLY EVERYONE IN THIS FACTION HAS UPGRADED TO M1 ABRAMS TANK ARMOR AND WEAPONS THAT BURST YOU DOWN IN 2 SECONDS!!! What the hell is that about? I thought WE were the elite fighting units in this galaxy, not those idiotic Grineer or pussy arsed, mechnically assisted Corpus. But hell, their accuracy is infallible (I am flying diagonally through the air and still every bullet that EVERY soldier shoots locks directly on to my head and crotch) AND their guns/weapons are better than mine.

Please comment on this thread soon, DE? I have a lot of faith in you guys and I figure there is merely part of a more long term plan, but you have been so great with feedback up until now that it is seriously weird that there has been no response from your side? Steve, you sick or somethin'?

Edited by psyanide

For clarity's sake - I have been playing with the new system for more than a week, getting a set of mods upgraded to max or almost max and I STILL cannot take on lvl 30's and above without feeling like a useless turd (especially Infested OMFG those fking Chargers and their stupidly OP stunlock. They gouge more than 200 shields PER HIT while you stagger around uselessly, unable to even jump or roll away because 2 of them can chain you till you die. Weak claw attack my foot! WORST. ENEMY. EVER... In this game :)  ) 

I'm a newby myself--been playing about a week or so-- and I'm a Mag player. Just recently made it to profile rank 2. Yeah. My average weapon/frame level is about 16, using the default skana, dual lats, and MK1-Braton. With these loaded up with the best mods I can find at the moment, I can barely solo lv10 missions. It's a little slow going (still learning the various game mechanics), but I can mow down enemies in a few shots from my pistols or a burst from my rifle. Not a big deal.

To the point. Picked up the Latron and dual skana. The dual skana perform well enough. The Latron? i don't have good mods for it yet, but it theoretically should outperform my MK1-Brat as long as I aim well, right? Wrong. It slows my normal pace to a crawl, having to constantly fire from cover or risk being overwhelmed. Well, okay change up my style then; hang back more then rush in. Fine. It IS a mid to long range weapon. But why does it take a third to half a clip to take down Grineer on my level? If it wasn't for multiplayer, I wouldn't be nearly as far as I am.

That doesn't work in infested. They rush you down, and you can't exactly fire from the hip well when you're being swarmed. Also, melee tends to be a bad idea against ancients. That leaves my my pistols to to take on, well, most enemies.  Until I run out of ammo.

The premise of the game is that you're a super awesome space ninja being hunted to extinction right? Unless you have a certain frame, stealth is actually very impractical (still), and fighting on your own level solo without premium weapons is a chore. Honestly, I love the game, but if it wasn't for multiplayer, the grind it takes just to get average power for any new weapon would be cause to consider dropping this game altogether....

I'm a newby myself--been playing about a week or so-- and I'm a Mag player. Just recently made it to profile rank 2. Yeah. My average weapon/frame level is about 16, using the default skana, dual lats, and MK1-Braton. With these loaded up with the best mods I can find at the moment, I can barely solo lv10 missions. It's a little slow going (still learning the various game mechanics), but I can mow down enemies in a few shots from my pistols or a burst from my rifle. Not a big deal.

To the point. Picked up the Latron and dual skana. The dual skana perform well enough. The Latron? i don't have good mods for it yet, but it theoretically should outperform my MK1-Brat as long as I aim well, right? Wrong. It slows my normal pace to a crawl, having to constantly fire from cover or risk being overwhelmed. Well, okay change up my style then; hang back more then rush in. Fine. It IS a mid to long range weapon. But why does it take a third to half a clip to take down Grineer on my level? If it wasn't for multiplayer, I wouldn't be nearly as far as I am.

That doesn't work in infested. They rush you down, and you can't exactly fire from the hip well when you're being swarmed. Also, melee tends to be a bad idea against ancients. That leaves my my pistols to to take on, well, most enemies.  Until I run out of ammo.

The premise of the game is that you're a super awesome space ninja being hunted to extinction right? Unless you have a certain frame, stealth is actually very impractical (still), and fighting on your own level solo without premium weapons is a chore. Honestly, I love the game, but if it wasn't for multiplayer, the grind it takes just to get average power for any new weapon would be cause to consider dropping this game altogether....

Dude I have the Latron with several  mildly upgraded mods and it takes down a lot of everything. I think it's a common misconception that people think a gun should kick &#! out of the box. That only works on lower levels. If you're also complaining about having to slow down and not rush like you could with a braton, then you should have stuck to your spray n pray style. It's not hard to spray and pray with the Latron but yeah, it's a little impractical. Not to sound cliche, but you need to mould into the weapon so the speak, not just use it by it's description, you need to do lengthy stress testing. I'll tell you right now I don't enter a lot of missions without it, especially defense. Work with a gun waynlonger before you judge it for anything. 

I think the problem is that you took the Latron over the Braton Standard. The normal Braton is a very nice gun, particularly with the buffs.

It might also be a matter of mods. What mods are you running on your Latron?

However! Melee is not a bad idea against ancients at all. Even basic melee like Skana swings can staggerlock an ancient. Indeed, you can even stagger lock two at once if you're careful... And actually good melee weapons like Scindo or Dual Ether/Dual Heat Swords make melee against all ancients but toxics painless. And even then, Scindo can just barely outrange a toxic's zomglolwhat poison aura.

That being said, mods make a huge difference, and damage mods are generally king.

Heh, funny story. After I got that little hissy fit off my chest, I've spent a some hours leveling the Latron and accumulating mods. I've come to the conclusion that I was simply using it wrong. For example, I was body-shotting grineers with it, and neglecting armor piercing mods. Well of course that's not going to work! Once I learned to aim for the head and use the mods appropriate for the enemy, I drop them in 2 or 3 shots easily. Now that I have the Strun with armor piercing and damage mods, I use that primarily for Grineers.

As far as infested goes, still have trouble. It's not like with corpus where you slap on some electricity and they stand there helplessly, and my shotgun is too slow up close. Luckily, I just picked up the frost mod for my dual skana; we'll see how that goes.

And they weren't using their guns while doing so? Either people are happy with the performance of their weapons or they're not, and if I've learned one thing it's that people on this forum let it be known when they're not happy with something.

On the low level missions it dosent matter how bad the gun is... you one shot things regardless of preformance. I belive that his point was that the real test is seeing the guns use in the higher tier systems.

latron is a automatic- rife but i have to click mouse to shoot each bullet :(  and about the creeps, venom creep is hard to kill it in solo mod...health regen, venom aura, high shield... and when fight with 5 venom creep same time, it really a nightmare :)) 

latron is a automatic- rife but i have to click mouse to shoot each bullet :( 

Latron is a semi-auto rifle, and that's why it's single-shot instead of burst or full-auto. If you want full-auto, you could try Grakata, Gorgon or Braton.

Ok, so what's the deal with the Paris? It's a terrible choice. The Boltor is already Uber  and "It's stealthy" isn't a valid reason due to the fact that if I can not kill an enemy in 1 hit it will alert the whole damn ship. Please buff the Paris, for the love of God.

Edited by NanoFox

why is the prime worse then the vandal  EXPLAIN !!!!!

It isn't.

The vandal has a single V polarity slot, meaning it can slot hornet strike and split chamber, the base damage and multishot cards. The Lato Prime has the V slot and a - slot meaning it can also slot a high value elemental card. This is better economy for mod power and can mean more or equal DPS. I'll work on that soon.

As for reasoning why it was nerfed a little - from what has been said the prime gear is a direct upgrade of it's counterpart. So the Lato being a fairly weak pistol to start with the +1'd version of it is better and brings it up in the scale of pistols but does not make it an *I win because I spent $400 on the game* weapon, which is likely why it was brought down a bit in regards to the "Pay 2 Win" issue.

Why nerf anything in this game. THERE IS NO PVP. so whats the point of the nerfs. Is everyone whining cause some one else is getting more kills them. If so just change your weapon or learn how to use it better

People up-vote this and I don't understand why. Yes, people can be unhappy with nerfs but you still need balanced weaponry otherwise we just wind up with cookie cutter builds rather than builds based on what you want to play. I don't want to go into a co-op mission to find 3 people using a Hek and myself using a Latron just because the Hek is OP and I'm playing with a gun I like - and having them out performing me at long ranges which is what I'm supposed to be better at with the weapon. The Hek was overpowered, it was brought down to be on par with other weapons in it's field but with a better range as befitting to it's role.

Edited by J-Pax

Why nerf anything in this game. THERE IS NO PVP. so whats the point of the nerfs. Is everyone whining cause some one else is getting more kills them. If so just change your weapon or learn how to use it better

Why would you nerf anything? LOL then why not have every gun that one hit kills everything and has no reload speed, no recoil and all that bs?