The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont Be A Blind Player

Kaiser_Suoh

"Is good the new Frost change" "I love Frost now" "I wait Snow Globe change a long time"

I see comments like this everywhere and dont know why yet (i mean with arguments)

The Update 12 is probably the best update of all times. But we cant forget a little mistake. This little mistake is really big pain to Frost Players (you can say not but you are lying). Frost was made exclusively to Defense Missions, and now some players (that confuses me) say "Frost is awesome now". I want say to those players... you rigth you have rigth. Frost is really good with the buff of 3 OF 4 SKILLS, that is good that is very good.

But you not want to see the problem here. The third skill Snow Globe "has no reason to exist now". That Skill purpose

not have sense now, Frost have 3 awesome skill now but just 1, just 1 make a difference. High Defenses Misions are boring (i mean impossible now, unless DE purpose from the beginning has been clear defenses of WARFRAME)

Please DE free Frost and ERASE THE THIRD SKILL change it, another skill can do more thing than Snow Globe (that is insane, me asking erase that skill but --sad sigh-- not have sense now)

PS: Those Happy Frost Players, you can make a Outer Terminus (first 5 wave at least) ALONE with Snow Globe, you will see the difference.

------- DE not listen our pain, or worst, DE listen us and do nothing -------

Boy that is painful to read. I have heard from friends that use to love the frost that hate it now because of the snow globe nerf though; so I'll tend to agree. It was a big part of what the frost did. His other abilities were always useable imo and to make it so that one of the most unique utility skills are now useless is silly. They are just homogenizing the warframes into caster types it sounds like to me.

Remember, this is not a very good PvP game. Balance of warframes powers is not very necessary.

We figth vs all another faction (Defenses, Movil Defenses, Exterminate, Assessinate, etc)

The Nerf is to PvP (i want belive that) are more fair but they ruined Defenses while are balancing all.

I guess it's a good thing they did. Before, you can't really say "that guy is a good Frost." cause everyone can be a good Frost. With this new SnowGlobe, you can now say "that guy is a good Frost." since it is not easy being Frost anymore. Frost players now have to think of ways to cleverly manage SnowGlobe's weaknesses.
It's like being Rhino, Trinity or Nova. Everyone can use these Frames decently but there are still those people, who you can say, stands out using these Frames.

It's true it's not as easy as before. But it's so much better now. Considering the fact that being a good Frost is something you can be proud of now.

Maybe I don't run enough defense to wave 100, but I haven't felt the "nerf" to Snow Globe at all. If anything it's encouraged me to use his other abilities rather than just hide in the bubble all the time. Just like Iron Skin or Link, Snow Globe was never meant to be a bunker. It's supposed to give you some breathing room to maneuver, revive teammates, etc. Avalanche now freezes targets longer than its initial cast, so that should be your "Oh S#&$!" button.

------- DE not listen our pain, or worst, DE listen us and do nothing -------

Or they're actively balancing the game on a day to day basis. Expect values and particular mechanics to change every once in a while. Balance critiques are welcome, but there is no need to dramatize this as though it were the end of the world.

I guess it's a good thing they did. Before, you can't really say "that guy is a good Frost." cause everyone can be a good Frost. With this new SnowGlobe, you can now say "that guy is a good Frost." since it is not easy being Frost anymore. Frost players now have to think of ways to cleverly manage SnowGlobe's weaknesses.

It's like being Rhino, Trinity or Nova. Everyone can use these Frames decently but there are still those people, who you can say, stands out using these Frames.

It's true it's not as easy as before. But it's so much better now. Considering the fact that being a good Frost is something you can be proud of now.

You're referring to the good changes, but i want say "what about the High Defenses now?" they left us without many options.

You say is good a power Frost. I say the same, is good, i am happy with that 3 of 4 skills now.

But what about Snow Globe?

You'd be happy even if DE not nerf Snow Globe (that is what i mean). DE had no need Nerf Snow Globe and left us without a High Defenses Missions.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

This change was a very long time comming.

A while ago DE mentioned that they dont like invincibility buttons, and for a large part it was an invincibility button, the exceptions being AOE damage (napalms, Bombards, and Scorches), and puncture (railgun moas), and melee units. And in general those are by far some of the rarest enemies in the game.

So really this was a much needed ballance to hitting 3 every 45 seconds and then twiddling your thumbs doing nothing until you hit 3 again.

Now frost actually has to be smart and manage his skills and actually require player skill! (I mean the simplest of macros could play a frost with how it was before)

It was predicted months and months ago when they nerfed IS that they would do something similar to snow globe. They really shouldn't have waited this long but I"m glad they made the change.

Snow globe was only ever meant to provide a temporary breather, not provide infinite invincibility in T3 against everything in the map.

And what was made worse?

Frost cant solo a T3 to wave infinity by himself and now requires a team, just like every other frame in the game?

You actually have to rely on team-mates such as Nyx to CC the enemies because your snow globe now has to be played more tactically with better teamwork?

You actually now require a team that can play the game?

Edited by Tsukinoki

Saying Frost is useless now is pure hyperbole.

It's more accurate to say that Frost is now not useful in a marginal slice of the game where no other frame is really all that useful either.

Putting things in perspective generally doesn't indicate being 'blind', so that particular insult doesn't work very well.

Yes it was hard to read but I would surmise that he is not a native English speaker and can in part be excused. It makes things harder now that Frosts globe has finite health but perhaps it will encourage people to provide body cover to the pod instead of running off to the other side of the map with the "zomgg it's all about number of kills" mentality. The objective is to protect the @(*()$ pod. 

You're referring to the good changes, but i want say "what about the High Defenses now?" they left us without many options.

You say is good a power Frost. I say the same, is good, i am happy with that 3 of 4 skills now.

But what about Snow Globe?

You'd be happy even if DE not nerf Snow Globe (that is what i mean). DE had no need Nerf Snow Globe and left us without a High Defenses Missions.

SnowGlobe's new concept is great. The damage SnowGlobe can take is too low though. I did a T3 Def with friends a while ago and it wears off really fast. So he did cast layers of it in the pod. Kinda helped tbh. That proves the weakness can be covered up one way or another. But yes, I agree, the damage it can take is too low.

Maybe DE wants us to play more creatively. Just that they nerfed it pretty much than they should.

This change was a very long time comming.

A while ago DE mentioned that they dont like invincibility buttons, and for a large part it was an invincibility button, the exceptions being AOE damage (napalms, Bombards, and Scorches), and puncture (railgun moas), and melee units. And in general those are by far some of the rarest enemies in the game.

So really this was a much needed ballance to hitting 3 every 45 seconds and then twiddling your thumbs doing nothing until you hit 3 again.

Now frost actually has to be smart and manage his skills and actually require player skill! (I mean the simplest of macros could play a frost with how it was before)

It was predicted months and months ago when they nerfed IS that they would do something similar to snow globe. They really shouldn't have waited this long but I"m glad they made the change.

Snow globe was only ever meant to provide a temporary breather, not provide infinite invincibility in T3 against everything in the map.

And what was made worse?

Frost cant solo a T3 to wave infinity by himself and now requires a team, just like every other frame in the game?

You actually have to rely on team-mates such as Nyx to CC the enemies because your snow globe now has to be played more tactically with better teamwork?

You actually now require a team that can play the game?

You have try Outer terminus SOLO now?

But really 3500 HP? that is crazy low? that's not reasonable?

I know DE want we play in a team, but you know 1 only bullet in High Defenses can kill Criopods? you know am sure.

I dont know why people (some people here for example) dont like a High level Mission.

YOU WANT MAKE A LOW WAVE DEFENSE?  (sorry for the mayusc, i want be dramatic)

Wave 5, wave 10, wave 15... wave 20     "that is all i must restart this defense because i cant go for more waves, even if i am in a team... but i am happy with this"

Yes it was hard to read but I would surmise that he is not a native English speaker and can in part be excused. It makes things harder now that Frosts globe has finite health but perhaps it will encourage people to provide body cover to the pod instead of running off to the other side of the map with the "zomgg it's all about number of kills" mentality. The objective is to protect the @(*()$ pod. 

Dont blame me, blame Google Traductor

You're referring to the good changes, but i want say "what about the High Defenses now?" 

Considering DE often said they were balancing the game against Lv.30-40 enemies which are the endpoint of regular missions, Snow Globe is still viable.

When you say "high defense", it's actually "late endless defense" where the balance is no longer sustained anyway and the game revolves more about specific groups of frames, with more specialized builds to play against an infinitely scaling difficulty. Also, most missions are intended to last for 10-15 minutes and/or up to between 10-20 waves; anything past that is merely stretching it out and going into extremes territory.

Bring a rank 30 Frost (which means, has focus and flow/streamline, thus more energy and increased Health for the globe) to the last nodes on the star map and play a defense for 15 waves; if it's viable all around with a decent difficulty and need for the Frost to watch for his globe while it can take decent punishment, then it's balanced.

Edited by Wiegraf

Did anyone put together the two changes - "Infinite Void Missions" and the "Snowglobe nerf"??? Do you think that was a co-incidence? I'd like to challenge DE to get to wave 999 with the old Snowglobe SOLO - because they obviously think the un-nerfed Snowglobe gives Frost god-mode (way off). I bet they couldn't even get to wave 50 because it IS NOT THAT POWERFUL!!!

Dont blame me, blame Google Traductor

You misunderstood. You were able to convey what you wanted to say and my point was that people need to be less judgemental over non-native English speakers. The vast majority of people in the UK and US can only speak 1 language fluently. The rest of Europe and Asia put my country to shame. 

@Kaiser_Suoh

When you can have a warframe played a program that all it does is sit on the pod and hit 3 every 15 seconds (maxed efficiency build + energy syphon) and the team that it is with can make it to wave 50 in outer terminous that pretty much proves that the frame or skill is completely broken.

That is what I actually did once with snowglobe before the nerf. I had a macro that would hit 3 every 15 seconds while other people did the killing in Outer Terminous. By wave 50 the pod hadn't been scratched at all and we just got bored. I was afk the entire match but the macro just kept going.

Snow globe was utterly broken.

And frost was never meant to be a one tenno "I can solo wave infinity" frame. And defense maps are made for TEAMWORK, as in multiple players each contributing and helping out.

And even with the new snow globe a team and I (playing frost) made it to wave 45, and it was a lot more fun than before because we couldn't have a sleeper frost going with a macro to keep us invincible.

Edited by Tsukinoki