The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont Be A Blind Player

Kaiser_Suoh

Is snowglobe now purely damage based? Or does it still have duration.

it has both. there is just not enough mod slots to specialize in a build unless you want to give up vit/redirection. It has to change to either HP or duration to be effective, can't have both.

@Kaiser_Suoh

When you can have a warframe played a program that all it does is sit on the pod and hit 3 every 15 seconds (maxed efficiency build + energy syphon) and the team that it is with can make it to wave 50 in outer terminous that pretty much proves that the frame or skill is completely broken.

That is what I actually did once with snowglobe before the nerf. I had a macro that would hit 3 every 15 seconds while other people did the killing in Outer Terminous. By wave 50 the pod hadn't been scratched at all and we just got bored. I was afk the entire match but the macro just kept going.

Snow globe was utterly broken.

And frost was never meant to be a one tenno "I can solo wave infinity" frame. And defense maps are made for TEAMWORK, as in multiple players each contributing and helping out.

And even with the new snow globe a team and I (playing frost) made it to wave 45, and it was a lot more fun than before because we couldn't have a sleeper frost going with a macro to keep us invincible.

If before nerf wave 50 are hard, after nerf is impossible. Teamwork always will be good, but DE made it worse for those who love defenses.

@Kaiser_Suoh

Wave 50 wasn't hard.

We were just bored. There is a huge difference between the two.

We could have gone up to wave 100 and just been bored the entire way watching enemies die a little bit slower reach wave but not pose any difficulty or challenge. Thats pretty damn boring to a lot of players.

Killing enemies at wave 50 and having a macro make you impossible to lose is incredibly boring for a lot of players so its a good thing DE removed the ability to do it. Now frost has to play smart and participate more and use his better CC options, as well as the team actually has to be a lot more proactive and more skillful.

This simply requires more teamwork to get up to high wave defense, and that is a good thing.

If De want people who like the middle potencial of this game (Warframe is really cool in their full potencial) fine. That players can be the 90% of Warframe players (if are more, they can buy more, i know that but still...). How about the another 10% of player who love high defense missions (i must make Vauban).

I challenge the next Prime Time must be a Void Defense Tier 3 (Void Def 3) with a Frost Full Power moded (if they can). I want see the Snow Globe melting each 5 seconds and you will see.

Is snowglobe now purely damage based? Or does it still have duration.

It has both. I and a team mate tried it in the Dojo. We could one-shot the Frost Globe with basically any weapon. But weirdly they returned the next round and were invisible. PVP weirdness aside this was a good move IMO, albeit on the "too much" side. But I think that if the whole game depends on one ability then nerf that sucker into the ground.

Remember, this is not a very good PvP game. Balance of warframes powers is not very necessary.

We figth vs all another faction (Defenses, Movil Defenses, Exterminate, Assessinate, etc)

The Nerf is to PvP (i want belive that) are more fair but they ruined Defenses while are balancing all.

No, this change has nothing to do with PvP. If you haven't noticed yet, DE is making PvP changes separated from PvE.

For example, Rhino Stomp only knocks down in PvP, while in PvE it floats the enemies.

I LOL so hard at the Frost nerf. That alone shows that DE doesn't listen to nerfers.

If they did, they would nerf Nova instead of Frost.

This has really made my day.

Have a Great Day, guys.

Ps: I hope those nerfers would learn from this and stop posting nonsensical thread about nerfing specific warframes as DE doesn't listen to you brats at all.

You're referring to the good changes, but i want say "what about the High Defenses now?" they left us without many options.

You say is good a power Frost. I say the same, is good, i am happy with that 3 of 4 skills now.

But what about Snow Globe?You'd be happy even if DE not nerf Snow Globe (that is what i mean). DE had no need Nerf Snow Globe and left us without a High Defenses Missions.

No now high level defense requires teamwork. You know a squad of Tenno each helping to minimize the weaknesses of the others. After recent experiences farming for oxium I think more of this kind of thing should happen. Teamwork and support are pretty dead right now.

I guess it's a good thing they did. Before, you can't really say "that guy is a good Frost." cause everyone can be a good Frost. With this new SnowGlobe, you can now say "that guy is a good Frost." since it is not easy being Frost anymore. Frost players now have to think of ways to cleverly manage SnowGlobe's weaknesses.

It's like being Rhino, Trinity or Nova. Everyone can use these Frames decently but there are still those people, who you can say, stands out using these Frames.

It's true it's not as easy as before. But it's so much better now. Considering the fact that being a good Frost is something you can be proud of now.

The matter isn't about having to be clever and whatnot. Frost's Snowglobe was meant to protect the objective you're either defending or infecting ( depending from the mission). Now it's pretty much useless. Just look here :  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173514-update-12-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/?p=2034465

Edited by ItalianDragon

@Kaiser_Suoh

Wave 50 wasn't hard.

We were just bored. There is a huge difference between the two.

We could have gone up to wave 100 and just been bored the entire way watching enemies die a little bit slower reach wave but not pose any difficulty or challenge. Thats pretty damn boring to a lot of players.

Killing enemies at wave 50 and having a macro make you impossible to lose is incredibly boring for a lot of players so its a good thing DE removed the ability to do it. Now frost has to play smart and participate more and use his better CC options, as well as the team actually has to be a lot more proactive and more skillful.

This simply requires more teamwork to get up to high wave defense, and that is a good thing.

Explain to me, Oh Skilled Master, how your Skill is going to protect the pod from a swarm of one-shot-failed-mission enemies, the not-that-skilled player that I am would love to be in on that secret^^.

Snowglobe in it's current form is an insult to Frost. The "buff" to his other abilities, which become pretty much useless past a certain level (and he's not the only one concerned unfortunately), didn't even work as a good smoke screen to hide the monster nerf on Snowglobe.

And before people go crazy about what I just said (typed?), consider this : You say you were bored with Frost. Fair point, happened to me too to be honest^^'. NOW, Going WITHOUT Frost would have solved your problem without pissing off half (if not more apparently) of the players, don't you think? I know it sucks if you actively play with Frost, but it would have been less destructive and dividing than what happened with U12.

I can understand the "It's boring" point of view, although I'm pretty sure not everyone plays with macros (honestly I don't think this is a good point), but the current snowglobe? Teamwork and "skill" don't stop bullets/lasers/ grenades/everythingyoucanthrowatthepodandinstadestroyit like the old Snowglobe did, unfortunately.

And keep it mind, not all of us can boast to be "Warframe super sayans" :-).

Other than that, and it's only fair to at least point it out, DE did a GREAT job with U12. At least that's what I think. It would be unfair to you guys to mention what I don't like and leave out everything else that I consider to be really good work! Thank you DE, keep up the hard work!

Explain to me, Oh Skilled Master, how your Skill is going to protect the pod from a swarm of one-shot-failed-mission enemies, the not-that-skilled player that I am would love to be in on that secret^^.

Snowglobe in it's current form is an insult to Frost. The "buff" to his other abilities, which become pretty much useless past a certain level (and he's not the only one concerned unfortunately), didn't even work as a good smoke screen to hide the monster nerf on Snowglobe.

And before people go crazy about what I just said (typed?), consider this : You say you were bored with Frost. Fair point, happened to me too to be honest^^'. NOW, Going WITHOUT Frost would have solved your problem without &!$$ing off half (if not more apparently) of the players, don't you think? I know it sucks if you actively play with Frost, but it would have been less destructive and dividing than what happened with U12.

I can understand the "It's boring" point of view, although I'm pretty sure not everyone plays with macros (honestly I don't think this is a good point), but the current snowglobe? Teamwork and "skill" don't stop bullets/lasers/ grenades/everythingyoucanthrowatthepodandinstadestroyit like the old Snowglobe did, unfortunately.

And keep it mind, not all of us can boast to be "Warframe super sayans" :-).

Other than that, and it's only fair to at least point it out, DE did a GREAT job with U12. At least that's what I think. It would be unfair to you guys to mention what I don't like and leave out everything else that I consider to be really good work! Thank you DE, keep up the hard work!

Explain me you, how Snow Globe nerf is a better idea.

Dont tell me about the another skils (that is the same sh*t, is good all we know it). Tell me why make a bad skill, a really really sad bad skill is a good idea... is not better buff than nerf? i dont understand... convince me.

I guess it's a good thing they did. Before, you can't really say "that guy is a good Frost." cause everyone can be a good Frost. With this new SnowGlobe, you can now say "that guy is a good Frost." since it is not easy being Frost anymore. Frost players now have to think of ways to cleverly manage SnowGlobe's weaknesses.

It's like being Rhino, Trinity or Nova. Everyone can use these Frames decently but there are still those people, who you can say, stands out using these Frames.

It's true it's not as easy as before. But it's so much better now. Considering the fact that being a good Frost is something you can be proud of now.

s4otxf.jpg

Why do you keep implying you need frost for high level defense? Nyx, vauban, volt, trinity, excalibur, loki and nekros all have solid CC abilities. Think outside the bubble a little bit.

Ok ok. If they "kill" another warframe in the next update you continue saying that again?

If the Kill Nyx for example you can say... still exist Vauban Volt Excalibur Loki and Nekros.

The next next update they kill another warframe like a Vauban you could say... still exist Volt Trinity Excalibur and Nekros.

You argument do not justify the DE bad move.

I will wait the next Prime Time very anxious.

@VegetableBasket

Yeah, its like they only ever used snow globe an no other abilities exist in the game that can stop enemies from shooting at the pod.

@Marthrym

So you never go in with a team?

You never have an Excal blind a huge group of enemies (maxed range is 59 meter radius so it'll cover most of even the biggest tiles)?

You never have a Nyx casting chaos at the enemies (maxed range is 59 meters)?

You never have a Vauban using vortex and bastille?

You never have a Volt using energy shield?

You never have a Loki using radial disarm (maxed range is 50 meters)?

So you only ever used Frost and you only ever soloed it and are now disappointed that you cant solo to wave inifinity with frost alone?

Now you actually have to have semi-decent players on your team in order to defend the objective....in a co-op game that is a GOOD thing.

Also, even though a game can go up to wave 900 doesn't mean its ever meant to be reached. Its like TD games with infinite waves. Eventually you hit a point where it becomes 100% impossible to kill even a single enemy. So trying to bring up the argument "But it doesnt allow us to reach some arbitrarily high wave that the game was never balanced around and that DE even admitted was never in their plans for players to reach! So its a ruined ability and killed frost!" doesnt really work and means practically nothing.

Also it makes it so that there is not ONE single dominate strategy in defense.

Before it was "Frost or bust nothing else matters, even if you are playing with a team that can barely fight through venus". Now it requires actual team work and coordination.

@Kaiser_Suoh

They already balanced out chaos, it used to have infinite duration you know. And you could re-cast it whenever you wanted. They balanced it so that you can't perma-chaos everything, and chaos can still chaos the entire defense tile no problem making enemies ridiculously easy to kill.

Edited by Tsukinoki

s4otxf.jpg

Do you? Or do you just Snowglobe?

@Kaiser_Suoh

They already balanced out chaos, it used to have infinite duration you know. And you could re-cast it whenever you wanted. They balanced it so that you can't perma-chaos everything, and chaos can still chaos the entire defense tile no problem making enemies ridiculously easy to kill.

You cant compare a timer with a HP (3500 is too low)

The timer is not a problem in high level enemies (at least i think that) the HP in another way... is a shame. Snow Globe now have no reason to exist.

I remove the Snow Globe skill of my Frost, i am now focus in a strong (offensive) Frost (and like a extra problem, is still a slow slow run).

@VegetableBasketYeah, its like they only ever used snow globe an no other abilities exist in the game that can stop enemies from shooting at the pod.@MarthrymSo you never go in with a team?You never have an Excal blind a huge group of enemies (maxed range is 59 meter radius so it'll cover most of even the biggest tiles)?You never have a Nyx casting chaos at the enemies (maxed range is 59 meters)?You never have a Vauban using vortex and bastille?You never have a Volt using energy shield?You never have a Loki using radial disarm (maxed range is 50 meters)?So you only ever used Frost and you only ever soloed it and are now disappointed that you cant solo to wave inifinity with frost alone?Now you actually have to have semi-decent players on your team in order to defend the objective....in a co-op game that is a GOOD thing.Also, even though a game can go up to wave 900 doesn't mean its ever meant to be reached. Its like TD games with infinite waves. Eventually you hit a point where it becomes 100% impossible to kill even a single enemy. So trying to bring up the argument "But it doesnt allow us to reach some arbitrarily high wave that the game was never balanced around and that DE even admitted was never in their plans for players to reach! So its a ruined ability and killed frost!" doesnt really work and means practically nothing.Also it makes it so that there is not ONE single dominate strategy in defense.Before it was "Frost or bust nothing else matters, even if you are playing with a team that can barely fight through venus". Now it requires actual team work and coordination.@Kaiser_SuohThey already balanced out chaos, it used to have infinite duration you know. And you could re-cast it whenever you wanted. They balanced it so that you can't perma-chaos everything, and chaos can still chaos the entire defense tile no problem making enemies ridiculously easy to kill.

A few points for you specifically :

1. You are not the end all greatest warframe player of all time. Your posts are dripping with condescension and an "I'm so awesome mentality," that is disgusting.

2. All the skills you mentioned are extremely useful, yes, but they are not snow globe, nor do they have its effectiveness. The problem with the skills you mentioned is that missing is single enemy with it, or having the game not register the hit, can and does lead to mission failures. Can I run T3 defense without snow globe? Sure. But why would I want to? It isn't difficult to kill the enemies, the difficulty comes from enemies beig able to 3 shot the pod from across the room.

3. All your points are coming from someone who doesn't seem to do much besides level 30-40 enemies. While that's fine if that is what you enjoy, you need to understand that just because you think it is okay and don't care because it won't affect you doesn't mean everyone agrees. Abilities that are not damage based are needed for the 'fun parts' of the game(wave 100/90 min survivals). These are the points when players, like myself, who have maxed the ever loving crap out of our items are trying to get to.

4. You =/= God. Sorry if you were told different as a child, but many of us don't agree with your points nor with your childish "I know how to play better than everyone else" tone of your posts.

Why do you keep implying you need frost for high level defense? Nyx, vauban, volt, trinity, excalibur, loki and nekros all have solid CC abilities. Think outside the bubble a little bit.

This pretty much. SG is now a safety net and not an absolute defense. The entire team is supposed to split work and cover all sides to make sure they draw the enemy's attention. Most frames have some sort of CC to help delay enemies from completely mowing them down.