The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Becoming Unreal Tournament?

Drazhar14

So first you start adding in the UT weapons (Bio-rifle/Stug, Ripper/Miter, Flak Cannon/Drakgoon) and now the game mode Domination/Interception? I love it! UT was an amazing game and I hope you bring as much of it as you can into this game!

I think Interception would make a great PvP mode when/if you ever decide to expand on PvP. There is a lot of potential for UT style point based game modes with respawns in Warframe's PvP. Capture the Flag also!

As for weapons, I really want to see the ASMD Shock Rifle and 8-Ball Gun in the game retaining their functions from UT. 

The Shock Rifle would shoot a bolt of energy. If you hold down the fire button, it will charge up to launch a slower moving orb of energy. If you shoot a bolt of energy at the orb of energy, the orb will explode doing AoE damage (that can hurt yourself also). Way more fun to use and more tactical than your standard weapon.

The 8-Ball Gun would be a rocket launcher that fires moderately powerful rockets when tapping fire (weaker compared to Ogris). If you hold down fire, you load more rockets into the chamber. You can load up to 5 rockets at once. When releasing the trigger, all 5 fire in a spread.

The Ogris should function more similar to the Bombard version. It will keep it's charge to fire ability, but if you just tap the fire button, it should shoot a slower moving rocket that can be guided by where you are aiming (similar to Nova's antimatter drop). Essentially, give the Ogris the ability to be used like the one Bombard's use (the Redeemer, for anyone who has played UT).

To anyone who has played Unreal Tournament, or those who have not, who would like to see this?

I kind of want to see a Battlefront-esque PvP with the new point-cap mission type in Conclaves! :D

I second this!

If you check the training part of the codex the last page of the PvP section pretty much confirms more PvP stuff.

In fact Scott already confirmed that a while back. Just other priorities above it of course.

A 4-8 player PvP invasion mode could actually be really fun.

And I want an 8 ball in this game. So freakin bad.

Ugh pvp. As long as you don't have to do it for rare mat or an event I'm fine with it. Every time I hear this call though it worries me to no end. I do not play pvp and never will.

Ok, so which boss is going to say: "I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Seriously though, I don't see it as a bad thing, Capture the Flag Warframe style would be interesting...perhaps a variant on Spy?

Don't get me started on Assault missions...

"ASMD Shock Rifle"...

Gawd I loved that gun so much. It was at it's peak in 2k4 when they added Physics to it and you could push people with the combo-fire. That's what we need man, more guns that reward clever timing and skill.

Yeah, there are so many guns that function so similar to eachother. We need more weapons that bring their own unique gameplay! ASMD was probably the most fun weapon to use in UT just cause of the skill required to pull off the combos. 

Ok, so which boss is going to say: "I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Seriously though, I don't see it as a bad thing, Capture the Flag Warframe style would be interesting...perhaps a variant on Spy?

Don't get me started on Assault missions...

Hmm, since Xan was heavily modified with Cybernetic implants, I'd say a Grineer boss should get that line. Maybe they can make a Grineer version of the Harvester based around Xan. That'd be awesome. Especially if he used UT quotes when appearing on the level. Imagine the light flickering and him saying this stuff:

(I don't remember his taunts being so vulgar)

Assault missions would be so awesome in Warframe! They would take the roll of story mode! 

Edited by Drazhar14

I've played UT99 since 1999, and I still enjoy a lot UT3. No doubt it is one of my top 3 games of all time, along with Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim).

So, I would love to see more "UT content" in Warframe. Shock Rifle, especially, is my favorite weapon in that game.