Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dem New Hyena Models...

Quasar-Sandwich

They are useless when it comes to long range combat, they can wipe people out in closer range.

My rhino could only bear about 3 of their close ranged aoe attacks before submitting, with full focus and blindrage (not to mention redirection vitality and still fiber).

Still i like that they brought something more challenging.

Just stay as far as you can away and spray away.

Teammates and I managed to get them my first run, ((I died a lot due to my Nekros being only rank 5.))

I know the pain. i took my unrank zephyr iN battle XD...

Edited by Zylin

So, do these guys need skill, like walllaunching to escape their close range abilities, or is this more OP stuff like Raptor's Missile or Lephantis Spore Clouds?

I'm legitimately asking, I'm waiting while it downloads U12.

Well, I had no trouble beating them with one other person, exempting when both of us were downed randomly as soon as we entered, but apparently nobody else has had that problem. As long as you are not lagging (which is a problem for some people), you should be fine.

So, do these guys need skill, like walllaunching to escape their close range abilities, or is this more OP stuff like Raptor's Missile or Lephantis Spore Clouds?

I'm legitimately asking, I'm waiting while it downloads U12.

They really aren't that hard, and it's possible to split them so you only have to deal with one at a time. I finished them off with the new frame in the teens and with the Phage in the teens and didn't have a lot of trouble. Keep moving, keep distance between you when you're able, and use cover...the attacks are fairly easy to spot and give you a little time to react.

I do ok, but I'm not the greatest player around and they were fun without being stressfully hard even without maxed out equipment. 

They take actual tactics to beat and I LOVE THAT. I haven't tried using a Nekros yet, but going in there and popping Shadows of the Dead seems like it would be hugely useful to take the aggro off you.

not really... I used Nekros and had to phage them down to death... the little summons drop dead like nats...

They take actual tactics to beat and I LOVE THAT. I haven't tried using a Nekros yet, but going in there and popping Shadows of the Dead seems like it would be hugely useful to take the aggro off you.

That's the first thing I did, manage to spawn 5 Corpus Techs that killed off the first 2 Hyenas

Took on three solo with Banshee.

All three were dead within the duration of a single sonar cast.

Any enemy not immune to Sonicboom is easily handled.

Yeah, but they still pose a threat ^^, which is nice 'coz we needed such challenging boss(Z, more bossZ ^^). When I was soloing with Ash, before I casted Smoke Bomb I was robbed from my energy. Then I tried to scan them which was useless ( no codex entries) only to die 3 times. Then I was killed once again 'coz walked too close only to be knocked down and shooted like a duck. I hate being pissed off ... same as my Despairs but mahhhn! Hyenas are so freaking fast and agile that you really need to watch out and aim good. Hopefully my Despairs are rly baddass. ^^

Yeah, but they still pose a threat ^^, which is nice 'coz we needed such challenging boss(Z, more bossZ ^^). When I was soloing with Ash, before I casted Smoke Bomb I was robbed from my energy. Then I tried to scan them which was useless ( no codex entries) only to die 3 times. Then I was killed once again 'coz walked too close only to be knocked down and shooted like a duck. I hate being &!$$ed off ... same as my Despairs but mahhhn! Hyenas are so freaking fast and agile that you really need to watch out and aim good. Hopefully my Despairs are rly baddass. ^^

So my 150 hours of Banshee playtime is what let me break them apart so easily?

I wish they could strip powers like Zanuka. maybe not as frequently, but still. Otherwise you're just going to reinforce the sentiment that Ironskin and other invuln abilities are necessary and superior to everything else. If not that they at least need invuln stages resetting combat, like vor.

I had an enjoyable fight as banshee(was on a SQ only build) or Mag, but with Valkyr I just stood there and pummeled them to death pretty quickly thanks to the recent buff. Fun for the first time, but that's about it.

Yeah, difficulty depends on the frame and teammates there. Some people  had epic fights; mine went like this:

My Nova uses M.Prime, Rhino uses its Stomp, seconds later all Hyena's are down. I regret using Nova now, I thought it was a normal Rescue mission, but nope, here came the Hyena squad.