Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Research Cost? ( For Solo )

Vitras

First, before anyone says to just play online just to farm, there's a problem: I can't. My internet speed is completely lacking and it is not fast enough for online play. (I downloaded the update last night at about an average speed of 40 kb/s... It's that bad.)

I feel that 600 oxium is way too high to put for a research cost on Zephyr. There aren't any weapons with their material (mutagen samples and whatnot) costs that high and are dropped more frequently.

I am the only one in my clan (because of reason stated above) so it could take me a long while to get all of that oxium. I try to do Venus capture missions, but I'm lucky if 2 of them show up. I get maybe 1-3 each mission. Which means if I had maximum efficiency and received 3 oxium each mission, it'd take me at least 200 runs. Really??

And any type of defense mission is horrible for solo, so no I can't do kappa, especially with snowglobe's nerf. I want Zephyr badly and this seems a bit unfair.

I know that this game is focused on a more co-op type of style, but c'mon. I have no possible way of playing with anyone else successfully so I think I'm entitled to be a bit upset at this.

If I missed a strategy on how to farm oxium, I'd appreciate the info. But keep in mind that I have to play solo, not that I'm too "stuck up." Thank you.

Edited by Vitras

I know that this game is focused on a more co-op type of style, but c'mon. I have no possible way of playing with anyone else successfully so I think I'm entitled to be a bit upset at this.

If they balance clan incentives against solo play, then they're not clan incentives.

isnt it 200 now?

I checked the wiki a second ago and it said 600. I could be wrong though, and I hope I am.

You can still join a mass clan with 1k people, and leech that way

but nonetheless, do kappa, 30-40 oxium per run, if you've got boosters, up to 150 per run

1. Can't join a large clan because of my slow internet; I would never be able to enter the dojo if other people are there.

2. Unless I remember wrong, kappa is a bit higher level and defense missions are horrible for solo, especially if it isn't infested.

If they balance clan incentives against solo play, then they're not clan incentives.

See 1. ^

And if they scaled clans according to it's size, why not a solo clan?

About Kappa, have you tried taking Nyx? I've seen people solo t3 defense with her. Might be an idea.

That sounds like a possibility. It should be worth a shot at least.

1. Can't join a large clan because of my slow internet; I would never be able to enter the dojo if other people are there.

2. Unless I remember wrong, kappa is a bit higher level and defense missions are horrible for solo, especially if it isn't infested.

usually you can ask, not sure how it is in a 1k clan but nonetheless, kappa is still a good solution, if you can build those energy pads, you're usually good to go and you should be able to easily solo mobile defense, (note it's mobile defense not defense)

I think a few are missing the point that it's hard for me to be in a clan, not that I'm being picky. I have found a couple of different solutions and will sit by idly and entertain myself with people upset by my soloing if you still wish to do so.

For those suggesting Nyx: I attempted using her in a TIII mobile defense and was about to go into a group to use chaos then died. Not as viable as I'd hoped... So I guess that ruins my chances of Ember Prime too. :/

Zephyr requires 200 oxium to research the main blueprint, 20 for each part.  Building then takes 200 for each part, none to finish the frame, just the usual space glue.  In total you will need 860.

Kappa is the best place I've found for oxium with 30-50 per run.  If you have trouble with Corpus Mobile Defence then I suggest you try Mag.  Pull and Shield Polarize both do dirty dirty things to Corpus.  If you have a good gun capable of doing high DPS, stick an electric mod in it and slap a Bullet Attractor on any oxium ospreys you see.  Double damage, added electricity and never missing will make sure you get the kill and get the oxium.

Zephyr requires 200 oxium to research the main blueprint, 20 for each part.  Building then takes 200 for each part, none to finish the frame, just the usual space glue.  In total you will need 860.

Kappa is the best place I've found for oxium with 30-50 per run.  If you have trouble with Corpus Mobile Defence then I suggest you try Mag.  Pull and Shield Polarize both do dirty dirty things to Corpus.  If you have a good gun capable of doing high DPS, stick an electric mod in it and slap a Bullet Attractor on any oxium ospreys you see.  Double damage, added electricity and never missing will make sure you get the kill and get the oxium.

This is only if you're in a clan of 1-10. Our clan is a clan of 100 making the research cost 200 per part. Which is all fine and dandy, if it didn't cost the same amount of oxium to build as well. Why make it cost the same amount of oxium it took our clan to help donate and then tell us all that oxium we used we need to farm up again. I say we're a clan of 100 but we only had about 10 active members recently. Meaning there's only a few of us that were donating ALL of the oxium we had

And then when we're done they tell us we need that same amount but individually? Are you kidding me? It's not about whether or not it's farm-able, because it is. It's the principle of things. 

It's harsh that your clan has dropped in numbers and can't go back to being officially smaller.  If you actually had 100 active members then contributing 2 oxium each per part would be fine I'm sure.  I was surprised that it takes 200 to build each part.  I was expecting 20-50 each and thought the 200ish I had would be more than enough.

It's harsh that your clan has dropped in numbers and can't go back to being officially smaller.  If you actually had 100 active members then contributing 2 oxium each per part would be fine I'm sure.  I was surprised that it takes 200 to build each part.  I was expecting 20-50 each and thought the 200ish I had would be more than enough.

Well we make it a point to kick those that have stayed inactive for more than 30 days. Which surprisingly most people have been. It's just for U12, at least for oxium farming, it's only be the handful of us that has donated. I don't know if others are being stingy and just hoarding it for themselves while we use ours for the research. Regardless I wish DE would do something about the price. Just doesn't seem right.

...Well f***. I didn't realize it takes 200 each to build... I give up. And I can't do any high level mobile defense because it's just too difficult to solo. I wanted Zephyr, but that's just way too much. Holy crap. Now I'm a bit pissed. >.>

...Well f***. I didn't realize it takes 200 each to build... I give up. And I can't do any high level mobile defense because it's just too difficult to solo. I wanted Zephyr, but that's just way too much. Holy crap. Now I'm a bit &!$$ed. >.>

Well don't fret. It seems like there are enough people a little irked by the price. Hopefully DE will lower it so those, like you, can obtain it a little easier. I'm hoping they just flat out get rid of it to stay consistent with the other frames. Doesn't make sense to introduce a new resource and frame and make it the only one to require it even though Volt and Banshee (as well as other frames) don't. If ANY frame needs oxium or a new resource to build it should be prime frames. Come on DE. Or does that make too much sense?

...Well f***. I didn't realize it takes 200 each to build... I give up. And I can't do any high level mobile defense because it's just too difficult to solo. I wanted Zephyr, but that's just way too much. Holy crap. Now I'm a bit &!$$ed. >.>

didn't he just say its 200 if you are larger than a 10 man? you are a 1 man so it is 20.

First, before anyone says to just play online just to farm, there's a problem: I can't. My internet speed is completely lacking and it is not fast enough for online play. (I downloaded the update last night at about an average speed of 40 kb/s... It's that bad.)

maybe it's time to look for a new internet provider then? If there is no other options then you will have to suck it up and accept the fact that you will have a harder time to acquire the items you seek. There is no need to get mad, will only make things more difficult for you.

If you feel the need to get this frame that bad then buy it, if you think it cost too much then you really don't need it that bad.

maybe it's time to look for a new internet provider then? If there is no other options then you will have to suck it up and accept the fact that you will have a harder time to acquire the items you seek. There is no need to get mad, will only make things more difficult for you.

If you feel the need to get this frame that bad then buy it, if you think it cost too much then you really don't need it that bad.

Though I agree with you some what this doesn't make how much Zephyr costs justified. As I've stated before some of us as a team have dumped all of our oxium to get it researched. Then they price it at the same amount of oxium to build. If a system was put in place where there was a net total of how much oxium you needed like let's say a clan that only needed 20 per part to research would need 200 to build the parts. While clans that spend 200 per part to research only need 20 to build. And bigger clans that needed more to research won't need oxium to build it. 

The point I'm trying to make is that the pricing isn't balanced. We have a 100 member clan but only a handful of us were contributing to the research as most are busy and don't have time as of late to play Warframe. And the handful of us that were contributing used all of our oxium for the research. To then say we need to the same amount of oxium to build it individually is absurd to be frank. They're forcing us to run kappa over and over and over again when all we really want to do is play the game and the new content they added. But when the new tiles sets are located on earth where Oxium won't drop it's hard to experience the new stuff. Considering the fact that the new tile set is AMAZING for Zephyr (or so I'd assume) but to use her in the tile set requires us to play somewhere else. And it doesn't help that to build Zephyr would require another 3 1/2 days. 

Though I agree with you some what this doesn't make how much Zephyr costs justified. As I've stated before some of us as a team have dumped all of our oxium to get it researched. Then they price it at the same amount of oxium to build. If a system was put in place where there was a net total of how much oxium you needed like let's say a clan that only needed 20 per part to research would need 200 to build the parts. While clans that spend 200 per part to research only need 20 to build. And bigger clans that needed more to research won't need oxium to build it. 

The point I'm trying to make is that the pricing isn't balanced. We have a 100 member clan but only a handful of us were contributing to the research as most are busy and don't have time as of late to play Warframe. And the handful of us that were contributing used all of our oxium for the research. To then say we need to the same amount of oxium to build it individually is absurd to be frank. They're forcing us to run kappa over and over and over again when all we really want to do is play the game and the new content they added. But when the new tiles sets are located on earth where Oxium won't drop it's hard to experience the new stuff. Considering the fact that the new tile set is AMAZING for Zephyr (or so I'd assume) but to use her in the tile set requires us to play somewhere else. And it doesn't help that to build Zephyr would require another 3 1/2 days. 

This is a free to play game. You have to accept that everything is put in place as a grind wall. You can bypass this grind wall with money. They (in general terms) want you to pay money for items. Thats how free to play games operate.

This is my first free to play game and a few weeks after I started I already accepted the fact that if I want stuff I can pay for it or take my time and just grind it out. I choose to grind it out.

Edited by birdei

Gathered materials solo. Researched by myself for my clan. Now building it (1 or 2 days left).

No problems.

30-50 Oxium easy for solo run on Kappa.

See the point here isn't that farming is bad because it's not. I've played from Closed Beta so I know how this is pretty much Farm simulator. But my point was that the pricing isn't balanced with how they "balanced" clan sizes. If you're going to balance one then wouldn't it make sense to balance the other? Honestly they shouldn't have reduced prices of oxium for research based on size. They should have just left it alone. The original amount of oxium needed was a little much so I understand the reasoning behind it.

Another point I want to make is why make Zephyr the only frame to use oxium? Volt and Banshee are also now clan tech yet doesn't use it. Nor do any other frame. This made potential farming of oxium get replaced by farming plastids (in my case) in preparation to build the parts. A little heads up would have been nice (or at least a lot more specific). I say they should change oxium to be only used for Prime frames. I'd say that would make the most sense. But we'll just see what they do from here because we are not the only ones with threads up talking about this.

Edited by Mogar