Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Research Cost? ( For Solo )

Vitras

Gathered materials solo. Researched by myself for my clan. Now building it (1 or 2 days left).

No problems.

30-50 Oxium easy for solo run on Kappa.

I honestly find it a bit suspicious that everybody says they get 30-50 oxium... But aside from that, if you truly solo it what's your set up?

This is a free to play game. You have to accept that everything is put in place as a grind wall. You can bypass this grind wall with money. They (in general terms) want you to pay money for items. Thats how free to play games operate.

This is my first free to play game and a few weeks after I started I already accepted the fact that if I want stuff I can pay for it or take my time and just grind it out. I choose to grind it out.

Yes, there should be those walls. But those walls need to be balanced. No other warframe requires so many "special" resources to build. I'm pretty sure Zephyr is the first to require a unique mat. It's annoying on how exclusive it is.

Edited by Vitras

Well don't fret. It seems like there are enough people a little irked by the price. Hopefully DE will lower it so those, like you, can obtain it a little easier. I'm hoping they just flat out get rid of it to stay consistent with the other frames. Doesn't make sense to introduce a new resource and frame and make it the only one to require it even though Volt and Banshee (as well as other frames) don't. If ANY frame needs oxium or a new resource to build it should be prime frames. Come on DE. Or does that make too much sense?

I do hope they change it... If I remember correctly, isn't this sort of sounding like what happened when those new infested research weapons and sentinel was put in?

YES you can group, you just can not host!

If someone else hosts it does not matter what your internet speed is, and if you speed is so slow, you would never be able to play zephyr due to lag.

My clan has 2 people in it, and I made over 1000 oxi myself in 5 days doing runs on kappa.

Yes you can do kappa solo! frost is awesome for kappa with his icewave!

YES you can group, you just can not host!

If someone else hosts it does not matter what your internet speed is, and if you speed is so slow, you would never be able to play zephyr due to lag.

My clan has 2 people in it, and I made over 1000 oxi myself in 5 days doing runs on kappa.

Yes you can do kappa solo! frost is awesome for kappa with his icewave!

No, my internet is really that slow. I can't do any mission online. And I don't have cpu lag or anything, it's internet lag so I could still play Zephyr (I'm not sure what you meant there). I haven't attempted kappa yet, but I will have to look into it soon I suppose. I appreciate the tip.

Hopefully DE either brings the price of building Zeph down, or makes it easier to get the needed resources. I would work on other things for now, unless you have no other frames to work on. Zeph is cool, but I don't think she's worth THAT much pain to get. I bought her outright because I wanted to test her, but aside from her tornado ability, I don't think she's a super-frame or anything. Her fly and divebomb abilities are entertaining, but over all a frame like Nova is way more useful/powerful (imo). But as a collector, I certainly understand wanting to get her. It sounds like you can't get the Prime's either then, if you are forced to solo :(

Hopefully DE either brings the price of building Zeph down, or makes it easier to get the needed resources. I would work on other things for now, unless you have no other frames to work on. Zeph is cool, but I don't think she's worth THAT much pain to get. I bought her outright because I wanted to test her, but aside from her tornado ability, I don't think she's a super-frame or anything. Her fly and divebomb abilities are entertaining, but over all a frame like Nova is way more useful/powerful (imo). But as a collector, I certainly understand wanting to get her. It sounds like you can't get the Prime's either then, if you are forced to solo :(

Yeah, I've been playing Torchlight II to kill the time haha. I can get some prime stuff as long as none of the parts are in defense/survival/mobile defense (which is half of the void -sigh-). I appreciate the nerd sympathy.

I had to game on dial-up internet for years (oh, the Dreamcast days!) so I feel your pain, lol. My parents lived in the backend of nowhere, and had dial-up when most of the world had moved ahead. This entire game is pretty rough for solo - I usually solo Exterminate missions, and wait for friends on other missions (might be because my mods are not maxed out yet either).

Anyone know if Nightmare mode gives more Oxi or other loot? Might be worth a try.

OK so in the interests of fairness i just did a kappa solo in frost.

It was not that hard, though i messed up as i only had an unranked stugg as my sidearm equipped lol which ment getting the key to the terminals was a pain in the arse.

I was using a level 30 grakata no forma and a level 25 fragor no forma, My frame is at 30 no forma and is set up for max power efficiency which caps at 75% btw

The mission scaled to the lack of players so i was never over run the terminals and artifact never took damage.

I did almost run out of blue balls at one point due to having to use avalanche a lot to capture oxi ospreys.

The main drawback is that solo you get less oxi ospreys spawning along with less of everything else, and it is harder to catch them all before they suicide. I missed about 6, my total oxi for the run was just 14 but that is still way better than any other mission you can do, I would expect an average of 20 a run so about 43 runs would do it.

I think the best frame for simply compleating this mission solo by the way is volt! also rigged for max efficiency with the mod fleeting expertize on 4 points and 4 points of streamline, though how good he is at making oxi ospreys blow I am not sure.

OK so in the interests of fairness i just did a kappa solo in frost.

It was not that hard, though i messed up as i only had an unranked stugg as my sidearm equipped lol which ment getting the key to the terminals was a pain in the arse.

I was using a level 30 grakata no forma and a level 25 fragor no forma, My frame is at 30 no forma and is set up for max power efficiency which caps at 75% btw

The mission scaled to the lack of players so i was never over run the terminals and artifact never took damage.

I did almost run out of blue balls at one point due to having to use avalanche a lot to capture oxi ospreys.

The main drawback is that solo you get less oxi ospreys spawning along with less of everything else, and it is harder to catch them all before they suicide. I missed about 6, my total oxi for the run was just 14 but that is still way better than any other mission you can do, I would expect an average of 20 a run so about 43 runs would do it.

I think the best frame for simply compleating this mission solo by the way is volt! also rigged for max efficiency with the mod fleeting expertize on 4 points and 4 points of streamline, though how good he is at making oxi ospreys blow I am not sure.

Hm. Any mobile defense I have done the spawn rates seem unchanged than the few times I did play online (long ago). But I will attempt that the next time I'm in the mood for putting up with the research and build costs haha. Thank you.

Just remember that Corpus robots are more vulnerable to Puncture (+25% damage), and Electricity (+50%), and to a lesser extent, Radiation (+25%). Just mod and choose your weapons accordingly, and you'll see your Oxium count per mission steadily rise. I was getting between 30-60 per run toward the end on Kappa, using Rhino and my Latron Prime.

All right so I got through Kappa, and I figured that has nothing to do with anything. Kappa has the same exact oxium drone spawn rate as any mission, it's just longer. Which means nothing since a capture mission on Venus would be a little shorter and have less oxium, but still the same oxium drone spawn rate. So if I put the same amount of time into one or the other, I would still come out with the same amount (roughly, since this is experimental predictions and all). Which means I'm done farming for Oxium. Oh well.

Edit: By the way, about 4-5 drones spawned and I recieved 7 oxium from Kappa. I get an average of 3 oxium from capture missions on Venus in half the time.

Edited by Vitras

I checked the wiki a second ago and it said 600. I could be wrong though, and I hope I am.

1. Can't join a large clan because of my slow internet; I would never be able to enter the dojo if other people are there.

2. Unless I remember wrong, kappa is a bit higher level and defense missions are horrible for solo, especially if it isn't infested.

See 1. ^

And if they scaled clans according to it's size, why not a solo clan?

That sounds like a possibility. It should be worth a shot at least.

I mean i really feel this guys pain here. Sorry, man I mean Id do you a favor by getting you into my clan just so you can have the warframe. I know how it feels to have sucky internet. So, is it you lag when somebody else is hosting too?

Still though, if it helps, you can get the warframe pieces from my clan. You would be able to solo farm or just one go along with you and you not being the host. Hope this helps. Just a offer.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

I mean i really feel this guys pain here. Sorry, man I mean Id do you a favor by getting you into my clan just so you can have the warframe. I know how it feels to have sucky internet. So, is it you lag when somebody else is hosting too?

Still though, if it helps, you can get the warframe pieces from my clan. You would be able to solo farm or just one go along with you and you not being the host. Hope this helps. Just a offer.

I'm actually not really sure what I can and can't do anymore. A while ago I was barely able to play a void mission with my friend (I don't remember who hosted). Then a while little, my internet somehow got worse, and I couldn't join him on a mission (tried like 5 times). But then yesterday, he tried inviting me to trade and for some reason it worked and it was like there was no lag... I'm not sure if it's just my internet being bipolar (I've seen it when I download on steam, it can go up and down quite a bit) or if it's gotten better somehow.

I appreciate the offer, and it really all depends on how much you're willing to put up with my internet haha.

I have a little update to my situation.

Since a trade actually worked yesterday, I did 3 trials on kappa online (with just random people, no one I know). The first and second were okay, actually, with delays for about 2-5 seconds depending on what it was. But the third one was awful. Huge delays (30 seconds or longer) and it never notified me of what I picked up when it finally happened. I'm not sure but equipping my sentinel (carrier) might have caused it or it could just have been a crappy host. I know that I was never the host because there were always delays (especially on doors).

And of course my oxium count: 1st run was 44, 2nd run was 27, 3rd run was 22.

Edit: Did a couple more runs. 4th got 29 and 5th got 44. And experimented to find the sentinel does make it a lot more laggy. I'll probably be able to do this for a while... I'm a bit embarrassed with how messed up my internet is.

Edited by Vitras