The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Expect Remodeled Warframes In The Future?

SuperShifty

It seems like a lot more work and detail has gone into the newer Warframes such as Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon and Zephyr compared to the older more original Frames.

For example Excaliber and Ash look like old bulky jump suits where literally all the new Warframes I listed in the first sentence actually look like advanced exoskeletons.
Ash for instance is the most classic ninja of them all with his flippidy flips and shadow teleportations, yet he's also one of the bulkiest, wider frames which just doesn't seem right.

How about some upgrades for the guys and gals who started it all ^_^

Picture Comparisons just because I can:
New

Nekros
250px-Nekros_Portrait.jpg
Valkyr
250px-ValkyrPortrait.png
Oberon
250px-Oberon.jpg

Old

Ash
250px-Ash.jpg
Excaliber
250px-Excalibur.jpg
Nyx
250px-Nyx.jpg

EDIT:
Another comparison:

k1e03.jpg

Nyx before and after:

Definitely think she looked way better in Dark Sector, manlier, but better. Just add some cleavage and your good.
mj5p4w.jpg

Edited by SuperShifty

I think the term "more work" is a tad unfair. Bigger budget would be more of a thing, imo. Plus sadly, people get attached to things, even if they do look dated, and slightly 'mundane' compared to the newer ones. It's dodgy ground to walk upon.

You leave Nyx alone!

All they'd really need is more detail added I suppose, a few enhancements, not a remake. They shouldn't be drastically changed. But that's where an ultra HD texture pack comes into play, that'd be nice. 

Edited by Naith

I think the term "more work" is a tad unfair. Bigger budget would be more of a thing, imo. Plus sadly, people get attached to things, even if they do look dated, and slightly 'mundane' compared to the newer ones. It's dodgy ground to walk upon.

Right, they put more work into them because they had a bigger budget and were able to do such. I think they should leave it to the community to decide if the older frames should be revamped because that's the way they do most things and it's worked magnificently.

You leave Nyx alone!

All they'd really need is more detail added I suppose, a few enhancements, not a remake. They shouldn't be drastically changed. But that's where an ultra HD texture pack comes into play, that'd be nice. 

Exactly what I'm talking about lol, making them look completely different would just be immoral, it would just be nice to see more detailed models in the works.

I actually like the simple look on Ash, Excal and Nyx. The newer ones have too much stuff in them, while those look sleek and protective. Suits made into weapons.

Honestly, Oberon looks more bulky than Ash in terms of armor and way too ornamental to be a combat frame.

Expect loki is still better than mr codpiece.

I have yet to see a Loki dominate any mission. The Rhino players, however, always lead from what I've seen. Fastest, strongest, most powerful Warframe. Yes, with that alt helmet and sprint boost mods, it's really fast. At lvl 30 320% shields 320% health 30% sprint speed with iron skin, rhino stomp, and the second alt helmet, I say it's the best.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Minky (is that how it is spelt?) confirmed in the last devstream that the warframe models will not be changing, and he likes them the way they are. this is arguably unfortunate, because of the infamous lobster tail

One of the thing that saddened me when I watched the devstream. Of course he likes them the way they are because they view them from every angle, and I agreed Trinity is quite majestic from front view, but guess what players are looking most of the time? It is their back!

They can have the option to let player choose alternative armor outfit.

Just like the skin option, make an addiction alternative armor outfit option so people can choose original outfit or the new outfit they like to use.

Additional accessories/textures is fine by me. But do NOT touch how Volt looks or I'll cut you with MIRE. ಠ_ಠ
The game is not looking bad yet and it wont for a very long time so its pointless and rather rude to ask for updated models.

Think of it like this, the first Warframes were Tenno waking up first so now they go out and find their more unique kin.
Nyx and Excalibur look splendid in their simplicity because that was their trait. Nekros and Valkyr look jazzy because they have different themes.

I'm pretty sure that if Nekros was between the original loadout, he'd look the same and Excalibur would look the same as he is now even if he'd be released next month.

I personally greatly prefer the older art style... 

Subtlety is an art. 

Agreed. I came here to post that I actually like most of the older designs better.

They're nice and simple on the surface, yet intricately detailed when you get a real close look at them (especially Excalibur). Whereas a lot of the newer frames are just BAM! IN YOUR FACE with all the little intricate details that you can't take in all at once.