Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips For Rhino?

keysikg

Question

Hello everyone. I am using Excalibur now and would like to try out Rhino/Frost. However, Frost is harded to farm I think because it is pretty hard for me to get to that boss since it is on Ceres. I have no problem getting Rhino's blueprints.

I like to play with armored character with nice damage output. What guns should I use for Rhino, etc? Any tips? Mods? Weapons? Thank you!

14 answers to this question

Since you also asked about mods: Some people go with high health and armor, so enemies can hardly deal damage anymore. I personally prefer to use power efficiency and duration mods, though, so I can almost constantly use Iron Skin and be immune to any knockdown or poison effects.

Since you also asked about mods: Some people go with high health and armor, so enemies can hardly deal damage anymore. I personally prefer to use power efficiency and duration mods, though, so I can almost constantly use Iron Skin and be immune to any knockdown or poison effects.

What does armour do exactly? I have a 40% mod in and I see no difference when I'm taking damage with and without it...

Boltor, Akbolto and Fragor/Bo/Furax will do you good because they have passive armor ignore. Hek/Gorgon, Kraken and Scindo will do you good because they have a high damage output.

HEK,Lato Vandal,Fragor a good loadout? I got Scindo atm, but no one seems to like Scindo, I know that Fragor is awesome against Grineer because of the passive armour penetration. If Fragor is really good I'll make it =)

What does armour do exactly? I have a 40% mod in and I see no difference when I'm taking damage with and without it...

Armor should reduce the damage dealt to you. It only applies to health, though, so you won't notice a difference on shields.

yeah rhino charge's damage is pretty poor compared to slash dash - but then S.D's damage is nothing to get excited about since u7 did away with stacking power strength mods :)

rhino charge's knockdown is still superior though, so that's nice. Rhino stomp is still great, but expensive, CC. real emergency-only button. Radial stomp is garbage, terrible damage for too high cost.

Iron skin... what can you say, since it's now not only damage immunity but knockdown & stagger immunity, it's gone from excellent to amazing. Perhaps held in balance by the fact we can't stack power duration or efficiency anymore, but only barely =)

A note on armor for this poster:

in addition to what Botskiz said, you may not notice a difference on health either - that's not because it's not working, it's because most suits have really terrible base armour, so your mod adds 40% to crap and what you get is 140% crap and you can't really see a difference in your tankiness ;)

rhino is one of the exceptions though, buff rhino's armor and you *should* notice a distinct difference on how long your health pool lasts.