Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 12.0.4

[DE]darryl1

My Sentinel HUD sometime appears and sometimes disappears.

DE did you Remove sentinel Health from HUD or not?

or is the fact that we can't see sentinel's Health is a BUG?

On one  mission I have Sentinel Health displayed on my HUD and the on the other mission it an empty space...

Edited by Alex-4

As many others, I abhor this new HUD. That sed, I don't mind others enjoying themselves... but does it have to be at my expense? I've not played in days due to this, it's that anger-inducing. Give us the option to CHOOSE. Forcing UI decisions on your playerbase has ALWAYS been a bad move for a MMO due to it being subjective (thou this thing is mathematically bad, but I'll be lenient here). That's why most MMO's have developed customizeable UI's. I'm not even asking for that. A simple option to switch back to the perfectly fine HUD/UI that was before would be fine by me.

Oh, and I can't/won't rank up my mods due to 'Recent' still being broken (I'm very OCD about that, so I used 'can't').

Mod stacking is a good idea, but in practice it leads to 'Recent' not showing what we want it to show. Kindly give us the option to turn it off in the mod menu - basically the same issue as with the HUD. Give your players the options to choose how they want things to be displayed, it's very hard to go wrong with that.

Good luck DE.

Edited by DarkVeghetta

HUD is here to stay i guess... The old one made much more sense.

I've just plain given up on knowing how much energy I have... -_-

Please give us the option to move each box around the screen and customize the colour scheme of the HUD itself.

If I zoom the HUD Lotus' face covers the O2 timer :/

No mention of the freeze frame issue carrying over from the Void to normal maps?

Dojo giving grey screen at consoles, must close warframe to leave?

Darvo doesn't have a codex entry :(

Thanks for the retical fix!

Keep up the good work.

Remove dots from the Crosshairs. Put energy in the top right.

It shouldn't be removed place the timer of timed abilities on the corresponding dot so it right in-front of us when playing not in a small corner that not even visible and many players didn't even notice that now we see the duration of the abilities. 

i, and many others, still want customization with this new HUD.

sure, it looks nice and all, but i, and others, want to move stuff around, increase scale size of party member list in relation to itself, not the rest of the HUD.. etc etc.

u honestly can't expect to please everyone with a single design that party A creates, when they already know they're getting nothing but positive from party B, negative from party C, and mixed from party D... customization is key.

personally, i'd like to see my party member list either top left under the radar, or bottom left above, or around, chat box. not only is it easy since it was already in this vicinity for the PAST YEAR I'VE BEEN PLAYING, but this is where i put it in every other mmo i've ever played, if it wasn't there already. this is easiest for me, and a number of friends and clan mates. as well, i want to see my skills / energy right under my frame info, since it's only logical this way - frame related info should be with frame related info.

here's what i'm asking, for the very sake of this game's longevity:

A) customization (be it the HUD, or more frame skins, etc) - in this case, the argument is HUD, however i DO have others.

B) revert the "new updated parkour system" to what it was before. whatever the hell u guys are doing with it makes it near impossible to properly navigate the way tenno are SUPPOSED TO NAVIGATE A MAP OR TILE WHEN WE HAVE UNLIMITED RESOURCES, BUT ARE TOLD WE CAN ONLY USE TWO, figuratively speaking. ..... ..... or in other words "here's parkour, the ultimate means of transport, except only we've hindered u with having no way to activate it" - basically, the game boils down to one's movement abilities, which are hindered, severely, but the fact that the very system that manages this is flawed. not to mention there's some kind of "auto-activate" which is clearly broken.

case in point:

"NO WTF I DIDN'T WANT TO 'CLIMB' THAT WALL, I WANTED TO WALLRUN WTF DE FAIL"

"NO WTF I DIDN'T WANT TO WALLRUN 4 INCHES TO BE LAUNCHED 180 METERS OR WHATEVER THE HELL UNIT OF MEASURE IS USED BY DEM CANADIAMS INTO A PILE OF ANCIENT TOXICS, I WANTED TO RUN STRAIGHT UP THIS DUMBIN' WALL TO A SAFE SPOT"

"JEEEBUS WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM!?!??!???? I'M SICK OF HOPPING THIS STUPID RAILING AND FALLING INTO A RESPAWN WHEN MY TEAM MATES ARE DIIEEEEIIINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG - WAIT, NOW WE LOST SINCE ALL THOSE MOBS CAME AFTER ME, THE ONLY ONE LEFT STILL ALIVE SINCE I WASN'T ABLE TO REVIVE ANY OF THEM BECAUSE I KEPT ROYALLY AND EPICLY FAILING AT TRYING TO EVEN GET THERE."

and C) which will likely actually take work, vs the other 2 options would take a few hours at most...  lastly, a revert back to the old grid / tree system, as opposed to a "solely mod - only" system. this not only provides a level of customization to the player, but compliments armor/damage 2.0 better.

that's my spare change. take it or leave it, i really don't care. but i'm just letting DE know that players don't want "your" game, they yurn for a game by gamers, FOR gamers. playing something that's hardlocked in every category is NOT made for gamers. for example (and this is just an example) why would a player want to add 3 power strength mods to their frame if they can exceed the maximum allowance with 2? that would then make the 3rd obsolete entirely. would it not? of course the opposing argument is "because they stack" - but stacking doesn't mean S#&$ if the stack effect is null. 100% + 100% = 150% hardlock... essentially making any customization OR uniqueness null, and at that, the previously mentioned 3rd power strength mod utterly useless.

look, i'm trying to help u guys make the most of this game, not only from a gamer's perspective, from from someone who's actually been on a design team. albeit i haven't been in a major co. like DE, etc, but i've done my fair share of work with smaller co's that never made it because they entirely missed what the player was after. sure, players want to obtain everything, but u have to give them stuff to do along the way. this of course goes back to lore and content, but that's an entirely other post and/or thread in itself.

u know what?! edit for good measure:
seems to be a pattern where "nerf everything til it's balance" is in play.

this, again, is not what the players are after.

nerfing bastille was only the start.. initially, for those that don't know, it didn't have a limit on affected targets. last i cared to check it was 12 or so targets max. so now a booben has to drop like 4 bastille's to be effective.. NOW u guys take away the only other defense we have, frosts' globe.. now it's got hp.. that's awesome right? so now the first hit from a wave 85 anything in defense insta-kills the globe. because that's exactly what the players wanted, right? nerfing a favorite further so he's no longer useful in any way.... -.-

basic principles should always come first.. e.g. all of ember's offensive skills apply fire DOT.

* all of frosts offensives apply cold / chill / slow effect.

* all of volt's offensives do XYZ base damage, +% electrical. therefor no reduced damage to humanoid targets within range, but increased damage to robotics, etc.

*all of saryn's offensive skills apply poison DOT's

seems to me something is missing in the chain somewhere. do u guys need a new 'concepts manager'? i'd be a good fit for the job - i work from home, have wicked fast internet and a decent rig, plenty of experience with games (been gaming the last like 15 or so years), experienced in game design (initially started as hand drawn art, then basic design in MAYA, light modeling), experienced in programming basic and C++.... and I did learn a bit if QT4, although i haven't retained a whole lot of it..

(although i'll be honest here, programming isn't my strong suit, however once i finish my degree in computer engineering, i'll be proficient enough to tear apart anything DE could put together)

TL;DR

read it, lazy &#! - no spoilers for the lazy. no rest for the wicked.

Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY

Are you finally going to fix HUD?

Remove dots from the Crosshairs. Put energy in the top right.

Add back the normal notification for level up, a giant screen in my face isn't nice, at all. Infact, I'd go so far as to reprimand the guy who made that a thing.

Give me the option to see my sentinel health or not, infact, give us options to do bloody anything we want to our HUDS, including reverting back to the perfectly normal HUD we had before this.

Remove the slant, once again.

Make the mini map easier to see. The down and up arrows alongside the waypoints and everything is miserable.

The only good thing about this HUD is it's a step in the right direction for downed allies.

Don't act that spoilad man, what age are you, demanding stuff like this?

Seriously these people. Never ask for rollback! That's how we lost the new minimap style. Ask for the option to be able choose! That way everyone can be happy.

Check this out: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174127-hotfix-1202/page-8#entry2041952 (since topic is locked I cannot quote), the part after second quotation. Wouldn't that solve most of your problems?

-

All I want besides the above mentioned hud customization (which they have said something about..:?) is a "fix" for Frost. As for anyone interested:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172673-frost-252014/page-8#entry2024833

Vote it up if you like it or write down your opinions - I think we have another frost evaluation topic somewhere around... here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174524-frost-is-not-a-nukercrowd-control/page-5#entry2051247 ... wow, and a ton of others. Guess this Frost guy really is popular.

..."JEEEBUS WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM!?!??!???? I'M SICK OF HOPPING THIS STUPID RAILING AND FALLING INTO A RESPAWN WHEN MY TEAM MATES ARE DIIEEEEIIINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG - WAIT, NOW WE LOST SINCE ALL THOSE MOBS CAME AFTER ME, THE ONLY ONE LEFT STILL ALIVE SINCE I WASN'T ABLE TO REVIVE ANY OF THEM BECAUSE I KEPT ROYALLY AND EPICLY FAILING AT TRYING TO EVEN GET THERE."

For this alone I voted you up right away :) There is no telling how much I hate that vaulting move. It would be actually "easy" to fix it - simply make it only activate when you are NOT running. We can always release running before touching a small object, railing if we only want to hurl over it in a stylish manner instead of wanting a proper jump. Oh and I actually love launching myself into the air by wallwalking - it really helps moving around.

I disagree with the system revert actually - I like the current mod-only system though obviously more options to build your stuff is needed or at least more polished... I mean we seriously have a ton of mods we would never use because they are useless compared to most of the others we use. And frankly they are not "useless" by biased opinion, we all know a lot of mods that are truly not used by anyone in their right mind.

For the other stuff - not so bad. I already have a degree, being programmer-mathematician and all and still don't want to take apart what DE makes :D Gotta check if they have job openings:)

Edited by K_Shiro

483ef0911f5e27073a015b45aee7a288b9c8d3bf

For the longest time, there was an unanimous agreement in the forums that A and D should never affect the stay/leave on defense to begin with. Did you even see the tonnes of forum posts complaining about people accidentally choosing the wrong thing just because they were typing in the chat?

You are the first person I have ever heard of thinking that's a good idea.

No. Just no.

When out of chat then. Chat should cancel the directional selection, but I never ever, ever, ever had that problem.

Clicking with the mouse is just slow and feels odd for me.

I keep crashing during grineer operation and from today, every time i try Phobos double boss, me and a friend of mine crash. He also crashes during tower missions and some other places. We've tried to eliminate the cash folder, instal over and over the game and set a poor graphic,but nothing changes, we keep crashing all the time. Please fix it.