February 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Does it make sense that you can purchase a Cestra BP twice and technically have dual Cestras and yet the Dual Cestras is Clan Tech/purchase only? Not quite, further monitoring will be done.

This is why I can't stay mad at you guys...

<3

I would like to know what happened with Miter's Ammo, though.

I'm glad this has gotten more attention and happy to know something is going to be done about Hysteria's animations.

But, Hysteria has been doing less damage than it has before. It is either currently bugged or the change was poorly implemented.

I would like to garner attention to the following thread where this has been tested and discussed:

U12 Valkyr Changes Feedback

Exactly this.

For now, thanks a lot to give us some more info, I don't care about waiting, take your time, do something that rocks ! Just fix the damages so Valkyr could be actualy usable until this animation tweak comes !

Thanks again

Megan" post="2048815" timestamp="1391815024"]
 Continuous Fire Weapons
The request for continuous fire weapons to be reverted back to showing a ‘damage number fountain’ is a double sided argument. Some players enjoy the new ‘condensed damage number fountain’ and some player’s want it reverted. So where is the middle ground? The reasoning behind the change was to make it more obvious for players who are applying damage mods, as it’s easier to notice that numbers are 5% larger in magnitude vs being generated 5% faster.
The satisfaction of seeing numbers fly while using continuous fire weapons is what’s being missed. Feedback and suggestions have been noted.

What you do is this:    Every tick of damage generates a small-print number which flies off the enemy and into a slightly larger-prpint number, which sums all the ticks and updates every second or half second.  Several other games do this and it works great.

"The satisfaction of seeing numbers fly while using continuous fire weapons is what’s being missed."

The change severely reduced the rate of procs happening. Much like the recent 'fix' to shotgun-style weapons that crippled their odds of procs happening.

Warframe Balancing

Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and too many players discontent; the ‘End of Frost’. Warframes continually get tweaks from feedback/community concerns; Scott being the conductor of the Warframe Buff Train will be looking into feedback. He has mentioned some suggestions that he wants to try for Frost, such as Snowglobe taking on Frost’s armor rating.

You guys... Either make a point at not looking at the math problem or you actively want to say "I don't want you to fight enemies above lvl30 so i'll make your life as hard as humanly possible to do so."... And you know what? If the last one is the option which you have chosen, then bring it on, i'm game! (If it's the math problem i'm going to let someone better then me explain to Scott how awful is the idea of imbuing any sort of HP into something that takes millions of damage.)

Other then that, aside from the whole idea of "Buff Train" that i have no idea where you took it from (Buffing some weapons that were virtually unusable into some sort of possible state? Not really a buff train. More like catching up to Power Creep.) this is a pretty nails on the head hot topics. Plus, when i saw Steve mention the Stations and the death of this awful Starmap we have right now i got all giddy and i again have hope for some sort of awesome Warframe future. Now if only you start looking into Mod 2.0 like it's the horrible thing it actually is... But that one is kind of an under-rated problem with this game, people have learned to live with Mod 2.0 and therefore have stopped complained about this awful min-maxing mess. (Although that's not a good point in it's favor. You can learn to live without any of your limbs, but that's not really an ideal scenario, is it?)

P.S.: In an ideal game, you want people to see LESS numbers, not MORE of them. Immersion is not given by seeing a lot of numbers flying around, that just reminds you that you're in a video-game and does not put you in the mind-set of being a Tenno in any way. It's kind of like "Show don't tell" of videogames, LESS numbers and more effects.

Warframe Balancing

Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and too many players discontent; the ‘End of Frost’. Warframes continually get tweaks from feedback/community concerns; Scott being the conductor of the Warframe Buff Train will be looking into feedback. He has mentioned some suggestions that he wants to try for Frost, such as Snowglobe taking on Frost’s armor rating.

Update 12 Buff Train:

6160030-wooden-toy-train-set-on-white-ba

Update 12 Nerf Train:

Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

More specifically, I explain my reasons why Frost 2.0 is a fail in this thread:  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175128-my-issue-with-frost-20-slow-and-meh/#entry2049032

Among the more important reasons to me is that Warframe has always been about inflicting, even spamming, catastrophe on the enemy.  I can't stress this enough, catastrophe.  Big massive widespread damage, um yum yum.  This is not a game of rock-um-sock-um robots.  It seems that DE wants to ruin that all together and Frost is just the start.  In the case of Snow Globe in particular, we are talking about defense catastrophe on the enemy.  Also, the way in which Frost has been changed doesn't even live up to the stated goals of the change.  I explain that in my thread.

Edited by ThePresident777

Continuous Fire Weapons

The satisfaction of seeing numbers fly while using continuous fire weapons is what’s being missed.

Not entirely, some of these weapons have taken a beating  since Trojan Nerf Horse Damage 2.0 reduced their DPS or status effects.  In a science fantasy/fiction game, the weird weapons shouldn't be duller than the "normal" weapons.  Otherwise, we may as well play COD or BF3 or something like that.

Feedback/comments gathered from January 31 Hot Topics mostly targeted the topic of Hysteria and Melee 2.0:

Archwizard: “A number of Valkyr supporters have been hoping Melee 2.0 would solve some of the issues with the "Gauntlet" fighting-style…”

This topic includes both sides of the coin; Hysteria’s damage output and the animation itself. Geoff wants the animations to receive a makeover, but there is no guarantee that it will make it into Melee 2.0; but it will at some point get an update. As for her damage output, Update 12 tweaked Hysteria to now take weapon damage/crit into consideration.

Invasion Balance

Recent events have caused Grineer to ‘dominate’ the solar system and continually wipe out the Corpus. Certain factors like the Harvester and Operation Oxium Espionage continued the execution of the Corpus. Feedback that Corpus has no hope of survival is being heard, and faction’s standing in the Solar System will definitely be addressed. The Corpus have had enough of this ongoing slaughter and intend to level the solar system.

Warframe Balancing

Clan Tech Weapons

All of the new weapons added in Update 12 were put in Clan Tech Research or for purchase in the Market. Concerns that we missed the window to add lore into the game by putting new weapons on enemies are somewhat true, but considering the amount of feedback from putting the Detron on the Harvester were “too many RNG walls” we decided to put them in Clan Tech. The move was intended to bring light to the Dojo’s and make them more viable.

Does it make sense that you can purchase a Cestra BP twice and technically have dual Cestras and yet the Dual Cestras is Clan Tech/purchase only? Not quite, further monitoring will be done.

HUD 2.0

We knew there would be a lot of feedback about HUD 2.0 when it was launched because of the drastic change it brought. Not only has a new HUD been largely requested, but it was also needed. Constant feedback has been implemented throughout the process and it will continually be monitored.

DE_Pablo has created a main HUD Feedback thread where he has commented on a few reoccurring suggestions, visit the thread and let us know your feedback!

Interception Game play

More monitoring of this new game play mode will be necessary to balance the mix between ‘too hard for Solo players’ and ‘too easy for a squad’. Players are finding themselves standing there for an extended amount of time without seeing a single Grineer try to steal their base. Some suggestions are

·         Decreasing the number of bases depending on how many players are present

·         Increase the spawn rate (even more) for when 4 players are playing

·         Have the Grineer attack in large groups with a ‘Leader’

More community feedback is being taken into consideration.

Continuous Fire Weapons

The request for continuous fire weapons to be reverted back to showing a ‘damage number fountain’ is a double sided argument. Some players enjoy the new ‘condensed damage number fountain’ and some player’s want it reverted. So where is the middle ground? The reasoning behind the change was to make it more obvious for players who are applying damage mods, as it’s easier to notice that numbers are 5% larger in magnitude vs being generated 5% faster.

The satisfaction of seeing numbers fly while using continuous fire weapons is what’s being missed. Feedback and suggestions have been noted.

PS4 Account Migration

As discussed in Livestream #22, we're getting in critical hotfixes before we submit the build to Sony. Next week or the following will be submission week! Stay tuned for more updates.

Man way to go with keepin chin up DE with all the kneejerk and overly angry posts. (Ive had my couple but I have since tried to come off as less angry as it is a game)

Frost, perfectly fine with the new changes IMO. No i dont do 100+ wave defence because...why would you bother? So the snowglobe lasts enough as is. Though if adding armor to it is the way you decide perhaps increase frosts armor further as it becomes clear he is ment to be tanky. 350ish would make since i think.

Invasion balance im looking forward to, I havent tried to get detron yet but all the rewards that I want do seem to pop up on grineer side.

Warframe balancing is tricky, goodluck with that as I have no issues with any current frame. (Cept Valkyr but i havent tried since U12 so may have changed)

New HUD is fantastic! Change is good people, yes yes "I liked looking where i looked"  but that doesnt make it better. Sentinel health near yours? Perfect! Squad health near yours? PERFECT. Energy bottom left? Certainly doesnt hurt anything? its the same distance to look there vs the top, plus how long are you staring at it to have it be "I cant keep an eye on the fight"? All personal problems, so adapt.

Clan tech still needs a lookin at, grineer tech is looking mighty empty compared >.>. But having more clan tech is good as long as its viable. Weapon buffs are being awaited eagerly. (Latron Prime is completely viable now)

Continuous fire was one I may have come off across particularly aggressive on...While Synapse is near pointless to use now due to status being PER SECOND now rather than PER TICK (which with recent changes to when damages show up would be a viable middle, rather than number fountain IMO)

PS4. Dont have one...so dont care :D

Keep up the good work DE <3

Edited by Targus100

Feedback/comments gathered from January 31 Hot Topics mostly targeted the topic of Hysteria and Melee 2.0:

Archwizard: “A number of Valkyr supporters have been hoping Melee 2.0 would solve some of the issues with the "Gauntlet" fighting-style…”

This topic includes both sides of the coin; Hysteria’s damage output and the animation itself. Geoff wants the animations to receive a makeover, but there is no guarantee that it will make it into Melee 2.0; but it will at some point get an update. As for her damage output, Update 12 tweaked Hysteria to now take weapon damage/crit into consideration.

Fair enough. These things cant all happen at once.

Like I said in my initial response to the information that Hysteria would not be getting an upgrade melee 2.0....

I understand that things take so do it when you can but do it. For goodness sake...do it.

I see massive inconsistency, you say that you put these weapons to the market because "too many RNG walls", really? Many people for several feeks beg you for putting Detron to the market because of massive rng walls, you should either put all clan weapons in the market or none...

Buff train? I'm really skeptical about that i see more nerfs than buffs these days.

And what about void drop tables? You justify putting clan weapons by saying "too many RNG walls" but at the same time you diluted tables (again), such a fix, ha, ha, ha... I see that you love RNG and i feel that you like $h*tstorms (only big dramas attract your attention DE, right?)

I'm sitting here reading this, and all I can keep thinking is "Why is it, every time DE removes immortality from something, everyone declares it to be 'THE WORST CHANGE EVER'?"

I mean, really guys. Will we ever get to see an immortality removal that doesn't get a "worst change ever" naming?

People have been asking for a snowglobe nerf since at least u8, over 6 months ago. It makes sense.

People have been asking for a snowglobe nerf since at least u8, over 6 months ago. It makes sense.

People were enjoying Snow Globe before the nerf.  I guess those people don't matter.  Warframe has a been a game about inflicting carastrophe on the enemy, even spamming it.  That is the reason that so many of us were attracted to it.  Inflicting catatrophe on the enemy is a success!  Spam is a success!  Warframe did it like few, if any, other games currently out now.  All these nerfs do is attack the game, make it less unique, less fun, more like everything else.

And, the Snow Globe nerf was a total fail.  It didn't do anything that DE said it was supposed to do.  Nerf = Fail.

Continuous Fire Weapons

actually the display is fine, the MAIN problem with the current one is that continuous damage isnt applied continuously, it's in chunks(of 1/3secs) now. if there is someway to have a condensed number AND have damage applied continuously, per tick instead of per 1/3secs, that would be ideal.

Quick answer: I find Interception boring, tedious, and a little stressful. I want it to be good, but the delivery is not there.

When I started an Interception mission, for the first time, I was soo excited. I saw what was happening and shouted (literally) "IT'S STARWARS BATTLEFRONT!" I couldn't have been more excited. SWBF is one of my all time favorite games. I played soo much and have been so disappointed they've delayed/canceled the third one for years. I thought, "This is it. I get my game but with the bonus of Warframe!" I started playing, and quickly lost interest. I'll try to summarize.

* You don't know when you're going to loose a post (antenna?).

As I understand it, the Grineer run up to the control console, activate it, and it becomes theirs. I'm used to seeing them capture it in the same manner that I have to. It gives me time to react and actually defend it.

*No defenses for Tenno

There is virtually nothing to slow down the opponents or stall them. This seems like a perfect Invasion type mission. My Corpus allies could spawn too and hold posts. I would also like to see the posts be uncapturable for a while after you capture them. I'm thinking, after you capture them you could go to the computer and hack it to lock the opponents out for a minute or two. That would allow you to better organize a defense, and would add some additional pressure as you hack in mid-battle.

*An arena is not a good level for this.

Having all four in a circle prevents any sort of front-line or choke-point from happening. I want to have desperate hold-out locations where I can hold back a horde of enemies, and where they can stall my advance. I would prefer if the posts were put in a line, so there is a clear back and forth. Also, something SWBF did that I really enjoyed was to make a sorta cross shape. Like this

O

O O

OO

O

This let front-lines come and go. The battles stayed fluid, but directed. You knew where the enemy was coming from and where to advance. I don't get that in a circle arena.

*4 Player solo battles are not teamwork.

The only real tactic I've found is for each of the four Tenno to take one of the four command posts. At that point whether you win or loose depends on how tough each individual player is, and how good they are at defending. No one is working together. They just kinda stand in four places and wait for their turn to shoot.

*Where are the bad guys? How is this suppose to be better than Mobile Defense?

Hardly any bad guys spawned for us. This might be because we didn't stay long, but it doesn't seem possible to even hold the posts with hordes of bad guys spawning. This mission format forces you to fight tiny numbers of baddies, while running constantly from one spot to another. One reason Mobile Defense is so popular is the sheer number of enemies you fight. I want to shoot from the beginning of the mission till then end and wonder "How the hell did we survive that?" Mobile Defense, especially against the Grineer, does that.

DE, I hope that helps. I REALLY want Interception to be good. I'm crazy excited about the possibility of SWBF style missions in the Warframe universe.

And Tenno, I'm looking forward to hearing your replies to this.

I'm sitting here reading this, and all I can keep thinking is "Why is it, every time DE removes immortality from something, everyone declares it to be 'THE WORST CHANGE EVER'?"

I mean, really guys. Will we ever get to see an immortality removal that doesn't get a "worst change ever" naming?

IMO, it's the way they nerfed it, which was the worst possible way.

Duration cap/Cooldown? MUCH better way to "nerf" snowglobe while keeping it working.

Up the energy cost? Also fine imo, not the best, but it'd work.

Two better ideas right there.

Invasion Balance

Recent events have caused Grineer to ‘dominate’ the solar system and continually wipe out the Corpus. Certain factors like the Harvester and Operation Oxium Espionage continued the execution of the Corpus. Feedback that Corpus has no hope of survival is being heard, and faction’s standing in the Solar System will definitely be addressed. The Corpus have had enough of this ongoing slaughter and intend to level the solar system.

Wait, does this mean rewards are no longer going to be things like "50k credits (Grineer) v. 3 Gallium (Corpus) (which everyone has 500 of)" and "Potato (Grineer) v. 5 credits or 10 nano spores (Corpus)" ? That's great news... I do hate helping the Grineer (boring missions when you can have useful allies).

Buff train? I'm really skeptical about that i see more nerfs than buffs these days.

A whole bunch of weapons including bows and Latrons got major buffs.

It's just the snowglobe nerf that makes the buff train seem derailed.

Yeah, but the people who've been asking for that are generally wrong, same as the people demanding nerfs for Nova like removing M-Prime's explosions. The solution isn't a nerf to the globe (because most nerfs would end up making it useless), it's a buff to enemy AI. Get them to move into the globe to fight instead of standing outside and shooting uselessly. Sure they'll be slowed down, but a slowed tech or heavy gunner will still very happily chew right through a frost's shields.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger