February 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

TBF, more than a few of the community "hot topics" aren't on there, or are on there for the wrong reasons (i.e. continuous weapons: it's not about the number fountain, it's that they don't work apparently)

Yes but i didn't said it was perfect, i said it's getting better.

Even though I don't play  Frost very often, I can totally agree with the current nerf complaints in light of the hordes of say, heavy gunners spawning but yet can sympathize with the anti-Snow Globe spam-and-forget issue. Bring back the immortality but put a strict duration on it. Make it center on the Frost and movable even. Or... make it true crowd control and make it castable (I know, this will sound like Bastille, but Frost was first), impenetrable from the INSIDE and able to confine the enemies. Maybe even reflective so that the mobs will shoot and kill themselves. After all, aren't real-life snow globes something that freezes a moment or place in time, but can be easily broken from the outside? Let us shoot in, you know the old roach motel slogan could apply then. True crowd control: isolate, immobilize and then destroy.

Then, maybe the Frosts out there would stop using snow globe  to protect bosses from the rest of the party. Yeah, it slows them down but you just make them bullet proof to the rest of the squad outside the globe.

Wow.  Having stepped away from the forums for a while, and reading through this, it seems to me that the major community topics have really narrowed down to minor items and balance issues.  What a long way forward Warframe has come.

Each Zephyr part costs 200 oxium? Really? I hope not, I just saw this on the wiki.

nope it's the fact. i still need 70 more to reach another 200 oxium to build the final part of zephyr, and then tomorrow i can build the main zephyr bp.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

Wow.  Having stepped away from the forums for a while, and reading through this, it seems to me that the major community topics have really narrowed down to minor items and balance issues.  What a long way forward Warframe has come.

not quite. there are still major issues being shouted about in the forums.

DE (apparently) doesn't consider them a problem and instead focuses on minor annoyances.

netcode, matchmaking, host migration, graphical performance post u12... the list goes on. but for some reason they're not "hot topics"

don't worry, i'm confused too.

Hmm, too bad we cant trade warframes, by the time next update is out i'll have a garage sale.

Let's see how long it takes for the trinity's blessing nerf.

Oh god, when they nerf Blessing I'm going to stay away from the forums for a week.  The entirety of "Warframe & Abilities Feedback" will be "Trinity 2.0" or "How I would do Trinity" or "The death of Trinity" or "I'm 5 years old and this is how I type all my ideas just like this so you understand me because otherwise you wouldn't understand me because I don't like what you're doing and this is making me mad and the game isn't the same without the thing I had before"

Ugh...

Kinda like whats going on with Frost right now.

If you decide to make the snowglobe mimic Frost's armor? That miiiiight not work out so well.

Currently it doesn't even feel worth it anymore. High level Tower 3 Defense missions? Frost isn't the greatest option anymore.

Avalanche doesn't damage as much, Ice wave doesn't damage as much.

Freeze has a good application. Freezing some high level mobs in their place .... but when damage is applied, you're done. 

"We're being swarmed! Time for Frost to shine! *deploys SNOWGL- snowglobe dies* ... :U Oh okay."

I prefered it to have the duration set like before with unlimited HP. 

Yes but i didn't said it was perfect, i said it's getting better.

(Sorry late reply)

Ehhh... Kind of, I suppose now they atleast have some hot topics on them, even if they're on there for the wrong reasons.

More on topic:

They need to completely overhaul frost, not just buff his damage and call it good, or just buffing snowglobe and calling it good. Pretty much no matter what they do to snowglobe nothing will work if they just buff numbers, it'll simply end up like IS.

This means scraping all of his current skills, and taking some of the ideas back to the drawing board (i.e. avalanche is cool animation wise, it's an ice storm, or the idea of a wall he can set up to block shots), and figuring out how to make him the Area Tank/KOTH frame (i.e. turning snowglobe into a wall that blocks all shots for a short duration, or a massive AoE slow, or a skill that is like the ice traps in the void, etc)

The new Avalanche looks, putting it truthfully, like bird poop. I know you're all into Zephyr and Flappy Bird right now but turning a skill that once looked badass into a poop storm is just horrible. There was a suggestion of turning Avalanche into a Blizzard instead and I think that will give him CC somewhat.

I'm still ok with giving Snow Globe a max hp (timer should be removed though) but a suggestion to make it more 'dynamic' and give Frost a more active' role is for cold damage to heal the globe. Then Frost can actively fix his globe to stop it popping prematurely. Maybe let freeze heal a straight 50% of it's health also?

U12 was really the death of Frost when you decided to not just nerf Snow Globe but also give it to another enemy type. When did these leaders get Warframe suits? How the hell can they cast warframe skills that make the Tenno unique? Plus their snow globe is mobile and follows them. Why in the hell would you do that to Frost? The one skill that makes him unique among the 18 warframes you didn't just take it away from him but gave the enemy an arguably better and un-nerfed version.

I'm hoping that Frost will be given back his former glory and I still have faith that DE can do this.

Am I really the only one that actually likes how Frost plays now? Yes, Snowglobe is far less useful in defense, but in non-defense situations it's still good as emergency cover and my offensive power is through the roof. Oh, and the possible-bug-but-should-be-a-feature-because-it's-awesome that apparently makes boosting Avalanche's range turn it into a medium-length complete lockdown freeze on everything it's going to hit. It's an invaluable form of crowd control and makes dealing with heavy units much, much easier.

Am I really the only one that actually likes how Frost plays now? Yes, Snowglobe is far less useful in defense, but in non-defense situations it's still good as emergency cover and my offensive power is through the roof. Oh, and the possible-bug-but-should-be-a-feature-because-it's-awesome that apparently makes boosting Avalanche's range turn it into a medium-length complete lockdown freeze on everything it's going to hit. It's an invaluable form of crowd control and makes dealing with heavy units much, much easier.

The problem with current frost is that he's pretty much an exact copy of most other frames. He has one or two utility skills, and the rest of his kit is focused on damage. Who else sounds like that? Excal, Ember, saryn, volt, oberon, nova, mag, ash, and maybe rhino. Hell, he's probably closest to rhino now in terms of play style.

Actually you are correct it should be with the '

So, the correct sentence would be:

Update 12 brought the “Buff Train” and to many players' discontent; the ‘End of Frost’

Aaaanyway... >_>

Sorry for being such a nitpick :D (Is there such a word... hmm...)

The problem with current frost is that he's pretty much an exact copy of most other frames. He has one or two utility skills, and the rest of his kit is focused on damage. Who else sounds like that? Excal, Ember, saryn, volt, oberon, nova, mag, ash, and maybe rhino. Hell, he's probably closest to rhino now in terms of play style.

Exactly. For now my opinion on current frames effectively boils down to having too much damage oriented skills that even end up being nearly the same and only efficiency differs. That makes it a rather obvious choice what to use. A wider range, with less damage-only and more CC/utility would be much appretiated (by me at least).

If anyone is so bored or just plain insane, the mentioned opinion of mine can be read here:

Ash:

Fast attack damage frame with invisibility. Has the slowest but possibly coolest looking ultimate of all which has a tendency to at least behave bugged or bug you altogether.

Banshee:

Kinda useful CC 1st skill, suicidal ultimate and a superbly useful Sonar. Silence is not even worth mentioning since you want to be noticed - without "you have been detected" less enemies spawn thus less loot and xp. With a new approach on stealth though... Oh, and she looks weird :D (I like the helmet actually).

Ember:

Damage over time frame, with a skill you can use to highten fire (thus your) dmg further. A tiny bit of CC.

Excalibur:

Pretty much fine, an agile dmg frame with some utility uses. The double jump seems out of place.

Frost:

An armored, cold based dmg frame. Maybe the most obvious "should be all about CC" choice, with his freezing effects usually underperforming. Avalanche has become somewhat better, but I still prefer the idea to forget about damage nearly completely and make it into a mass-freeze ultimate that makes enemies fragile. He is close to my heart so:

As my first ever built frame, Frost has a special place in my heart. After I got Frost Prime I've formad this guy so hard, that only the aura slot is unchanged, and only 1 ability slot. Yes, 3 ability slots ended up as different poralities. I love this frame yet I was more than willing to trade 3 abilities for simple mods and never looked back. I'm only using Snowglobe. So here comes whining 2.0.

Most of his abilities fall short compared to other frames' (actually pretty badly), which endorses the use of his only truly useful ability (snowglobe) which is pretty overpowered, way more than bastille.

While the ideas themselves/themes are good, the results seem... lacking. No, not the damage, contrary to popular belief it's not like every frame must have tons of damaging abilities. In fact since Rhino is the other tank and he has proper attack abilities, I would prefer Frost to be a CC frame, especially since freezing powers are usually best for that. Anyways, here comes my "idea pack" of Frost.

1. Freeze

This ability is practically useless or at least not worth anyone's while.

- Only hits one enemy.

- Even useless against bigger enemies since hard to aim, thanks to the projectile shooting towards the direction you face towards at the end of animation, so you better time your shots well.

- Oh, projectiles are quite slow, so even harder to hit.

- Meager damage.

- Freeze effect breaks easily and usually pretty fast anyways.

These render this ability a "never again" choice if you have other possibilities for that mod slot. You can force it, I won't doubt that but those thinking logically see my point anyways.

So what I would do with it - endorsing the use of Frost as a CC frame:

Range: 50m, 3m aoe on impact location, enemies further away from the center of this aoe suffer weaker effects, latter affected by power range mods.

Frozen duration: 5/7/9/11 or if the enemy suffers more than 35% health damage from a single hit (both affected by power duration mods - or latter from power strength).

- No initial damage.

- Frozen targets suffer incoming damage buff, increasing every kind of physical damage, cold damage and blast damage dealt to them by 25/50/75/100%, affected by power strength mods.

- Prematurely breaking frozen status damages (cold and impact damage, 20/40/60/80) and knocks down those in range (3m aoe + power range mods).

- After frozen status dissipates (either normally or prematurely) enemies are affected by cold's status, slowing them for a while.

2. Ice Wave

I like the description, "dealing heavy damage". Pretty much a joke with the Damage2.0 introduced. So, since Ice Wave was never really a specifically good damaging power (only adequate that looked "cool") I believe it could too use some rework.

Currently Ice Wave has meager damage and actually no real use (Avalanche is simply outclasses it, even with the higher cost), especially against higher level enemies. So I would do the following:

- Ice spikes form on the ground, enemies hit by the growing shards get knocked to the ground.

- The spikes stay, like some kind of ice trap, any enemy touching them get's damaged and slowed, since it's proper cold damage.

- The damage itself could be overall the same as now but like this: 60dps - 140dps for 5 seconds. Only the damage and range changes with upgrading the ability, the duration is only changed by power duration mods. The damage is counted as Damage per sec thus with higher duration the overall damage grows too. On a sidenote, damage should only partially consist of cold damage since in case of ice spikes, getting skewered might be a bit more of a problem than getting a cold.

- Focus-like mods could affect the strength of the slowness effect too - it seems fairly logical.

3. Snow Globe

Okay, in all honesty, none of the other abilities Frost has can measure up to this. Hell, it's the most powerful defensive ability in-game, beating Blessing and Bastille. While Blessing has redeeming qualities, it's a tier 4 ability, which works against it if we want to compare it to Snow Globe (tier3). Meanwhile Bastille seems perfect (ceasing any retaliation of enemies), but only in a very limited range (2 enemy races mostly consist of shooters so this is bad), against rather limited number of targets.

Snowglobe provides near-perfect protection against ranged attackers (with the exception of railgun moa and the ridiculous aoe of missiles/jetpacks) for a rather long time and a very nice area of effect. Only problem comes from enemies that enter the globe but even they are slowed quite nicely so even that downside is not that much of a downside.

Yes, all-in-all snowglobe is not that much better (not like Molecular prime vs Avalanche) but it certainly is.

I simply hate the fact the the mere presence or absence of a Frost with Snow Globe can drastically change the outcome of a defense mission. Try T3 defense with and without globe - you will see what I mean.

I would drastically change this ability, in a way that many might even consider nerfing.

Winterhail/Blizzard/Snowstorm

Description: Frost takes control of the surrounding moisture, forming it into a raging storm of razorsharp ice, hindering ranged attacks and damaging enemies that venture inside.

Frost creates a storm made of icy shrapnels, dealing cold and slash damage to those inside, while weakening ranged attacks passing into/through the globe.

Range: 5m, affected by power range mods.

Duration: 30s, affected by power duration mods.

Damage: 15/30/60/90 per second, half slash, half cold damage (thus the overall damage is way lower than Ember's FireBlast), affected by power strength mods.

Enemies are slowed by 40/50/60/70% (or 67% on top if that had any meaning to be 67 instead of plain 70%).

Damage mitigation from ranged attacks is 30/40/50/60%, preferably affected by power strength mods.

This way we get a worthy T3 ability which is still way less illogical and "absolute defense" than the current Snow Globe.

4. Avalanche

Avalanche itself is not a bad ability by nature it's just that we have seen the near-exact same ability on other frames, countless times. It's nothing creative, only a large aoe damage spell, like that of Saryn, Mag etc. - even Volt is different since his Overload hold the possibility of higher damage thanks to the objects around, and Rhino has his "aftereffect" of floating enemies, making his über a "small" bastille for the recently (or soon to be) deceased.

Here comes the "I would do the following" part:

Make Avalanche into something like Molecular Prime, an ability not dealing damage by itself (for MP you have to start killing the enemies since the effect only deals aoe damage if affected enemy dies - after then though... well you have seen dominos, so you get the idea).

Description: Summons a treacherous landslide of ice that instantly freezes enemies in the vicinity rendering them immobile and highly vulnerable to incoming physical and cold damage.

Range: 15/18/22/25m, affected by power range mods.

Freeze duration: 7/10/13/16s or broken by hits bigger than 50% health (both affected by power duration mods - or latter from power strength).

Otherwise same as in case of Freeze, detailed above.

It would be nice if Cold damage itself could never break frozen status (maybe add to the timer a bit?).

Loki:

The only frame without direct attack skills. Let's all pray it stays this way.

Mag:

Decent damage, very powerful CC (Pull is evil :) ) and pretty nice utility overall. A truly harassment based damage frame. Gotta luv her.

Nekros:

Scavanger frame. First skill's ragdoll seems to be nerfed, terrify only gives so much extra damage and cannot be spammed even, while the 4th skill is an extremely limited/ watered up Chaos from Nyx making Desecration it's best (and signature) skill. Actually very nice to have during survivals or when farming from enemies altogether. Sadly 3rd doesn't work on bosses :(

Anyways, my version:

Nekros

I'm a necromancer to the core. In every computer game and rpg (real ones where you sit around with books and character sheets) that has one I always play necromancers. So this little guy here is kinda important to me - thus I have my opinion on all his aspect obviously. Forgive me for this.

1. Soul Punch

I've liked this but lately I think it got nerfed, it's ragdoll effect that is. I'm sad. As for a necromancy themed frame I believe a lifesteal or control skill would be best instead of damage. My version:

Soul touch

Nekros tears at the very existance of enemies in front of him, stealing their energies to heal himself.

The skill causes 100/200/300 damage to enemies in a line in front of Nekros healing him 25/35/45/55% of the amount caused.

2. Terrify

Not just that it looks a lot like Radial Blind but overall lacks in utility. Even it's armor reduction effect if rather mediocre - would be better if it was a 25% resistance reduction effect altogether, without the victims "fleeing". A full 10-30% extra incoming damage aoe... now that would be wicked :) More like an ulti at that point actually. Idea:

Daymare

Nekros invades the minds of enemies around, trapping them in a nightmare.

In an area of 5/10/15/20 units enemies are stunned and only stare ahead blankly. They take damage of 10 health(!, no resistances apply) per second for 9/15/20/25 seconds. Every instance of incoming damage lowers the remaining duration by 1 second. Bosses are at least staggered.

3. Desecrate

Actually this is Nekros's most used or at least most useful ability. Pretty much a true savior during Survivals, and overall very useful for prolonged fights or farming.

Still, normally it's not that needed. Actually you rarely have that many corpses lying around that it's worth using this skill especially that it doesn't always work - and then you have to cast it again, and... you get it. With even a team of relative beginners you can expect to be revived when you hit ground head first so the abundance of health globes this skill provides isn't that useful. It heals your sentinel though so by no means would I call it a waste.

Though in some cases it might yield useful loot (not much chance, let's face it), I would have change it to one of the following, given the chance:

Desecrate

Nekros leeches upon the souls of the recently deceased, granting regeneration him and his allies.

Nekros buffs the team for extra regeneration of health, shields and energy for 20/25/30/35 seconds. The amount gained per second is the exact amount of corpses within a range of 4/8/12/16 at activation of skill.

Black mark

Nekros marks enemies around him to drop additional loot if killed.

The ability marks enemies in a 10/15/20/25 range radius around Nekros (preferably with an eerie looking effect, like a slight energy colored aura and/or small energy colored globe above their heads) for 5/10/15/20 seconds. If the marked enemies are killed they drop loot twice as if they were double the amount of enemies. Preferably marked enemies always drop one of the following:

- energy orb

- health orb

- experience orb

- small support unit during survivals

4. Shadows of the dead

Right now it's a limited Chaos from Nyx. While Chaos affects all enemies around, SotD only uses a preset amount. Against bosses they don't pose a threat so you would most likely use them to battle numerous opponents at once. During SotD you have about 12 minions fighting against the enemy while during Chaos they fight amongst themselves so not just that you have potentially higher damage, you even stop the group from attacking you (as long as you stay further away than closest enemy). SotD has no such effect, your minions are not even priority targets thus even during a defense mission, Chaos is better. Hell, if we take into consideration that your summons are enemies killed that means they are most likely from previous waves - thus weaker than current wave. All-in-all you are better off with Chaos.

Oh, and the extra limitations:

- You have to kill an enemy so you can summon it. If your team is particularly good at stealing kills... well.

- Once you summon it it's gone.

- Only last 20 enemies are remembered so you can only summon 20 altogether. Then you cannot use the skill again until you kill more (and minion-kills do not count!). Thus you have little to no chance to replenish them during a bossfight.

If I wanted to make this particular skill viable I would do the following:

- "Buffer" or "memory" does not get cleared, summoning minions does not erase any of them, you don't have to replenish them.

- Stronger enemies overwrite weaker ones when "buffer" is already full (if the HP*DMG number is much higher).

- Make it spammable, no "power in use", like... evar.

- You cannot summon more minions than the maximum number stored in "buffer".

- Focus and damage mods affect the size of "buffer".

Hmm, to stay to the usual format I will write a replacement here:

Calling

Enemies killed around Nekros have a chance to return and serve their new master.

For a duration of 10/20/30/40 seconds, enemies dying (don't have to be killed by Nekros!) in a radius of 10/15/20/25 units have 30/45/60/75% chance to spawn a minion (preferably after 0-1 seconds to minimize lag in case a Nova goes wild), that exactly matches their characteristics, preferably right on their corpse or in case it's "out-of-bounds" (thus fallen or something) next to Nekros. The minions live until they are killed or 15/20/25/30 seconds elapse.

Servitude

Nekros summons the recently deceased to aid him.

Nekros stores the characteristics of enemies he has killed, 1 for each rank of the card. When the "buffer" is filled, significantly stronger enemies (if the HP*DMG number is much higher) overwrite weaker ones. When the ability is activated, the first stored enemy is summoned with double health and damage, staying until killed or for a maximum of 15/20/25/30 seconds. The spell doesn't have a "power in use" property, it can be activated as long as there is enough energy. On repeated activation the next stored enemy in line gets summoned. The Nekros can have as many minions summoned at once as the mod's rank. The moment he reaches "the end of the line" and still further activates the skill, the first minion dies and gets respawned with full health. These minions must have very aggressive AI and a rather high priority as targets for opponents.

The latter version is more gentle on the rig and allows for a better built relationship between Nekros and his minions.If there was a way to choose which enemy you want to store, that would be even better but then again, making a skill too complicated negatively affects gameplay.

Nova:

I'm not the "DAMAGE!!!!" type but I like her. Her skills do what they intend to (mostly deal damage) and she has ample CC and utility uses.

Nyx:

Evil first, very weak 2nd, defense-incarnate 3rd and a 4th ability that might be weird and slow to use for the inexperienced but actually manages to merge defense and offense into a very "explosive" combination. Especially as part of a team.

Oberon:

The first skill is nearly never used. The carpet has strange graphics (like a line showing it's borders) but none the less, can be useful when dealing with infested or other fast moving opponents (though the damage could be higher). The healing is lovely, especially being heal-over-time... if only the regeneration wouldn't end completely with the hp reaching max - would be nice to be used as "insurance" thus working as a regeneration buff for the duration. The ultimate is the usual nuke with at least a touch of CC which is already more than most frames can provide.

Rhino:

Go, check him out, he is cool :D Maybe the best overall frame - having quite handy skills in every area and boasting high resilience. If all frames would have an ability set like his, all of them being useful... hmm.

Saryn:

Owner of the best boo...ts among frames and she is really designed with her element in mind. Her skills might need some extra effort but if that is given, they can be very deadly and/or useful. Melee2.0 might give birth to a true monster thanks to Contagion...

Trinity:

Kinda like her. I love supports and she proves to be an effective and occasionally deadly one, providing ample amount of restoration and can even stun opponents. Cool stuff and thankfully not even a single direct damage skill. Yay!

Valkyr:

She screams for the new armor mechanic. Having the largest armor stat of all frames, she is fragile as a porcelain vase. While having some some rather good CC and utility skills, while boasting the most punishing ultimate of the whole game. When (or If) Armor2.0 comes she might be given a new chance. Until then she is overshadowed by nearly everyone else.

Vauban:

Once called the "most OP frame", still stands tall and proves to be a great asset. Acceptable damage, some utility and incredible CC. That's Vauban.

Volt:

Good as damage and has some support capability which makes him a very nice teammate. His shield seems particulalry weak and useless compared to Frost's globe (even after nerf) while till costing a relatively high amount of 50 energy. Actually I don't really know if he needs a change. Maybe the size of his shield or the damage bonus it provides. Apart from that, he is pretty much good as he is.

Zephyr:

No idea whatsoever - will get her in about 3 days :)

Edited by K_Shiro

Im on ps4 so i don't have frost issues yet, but i also disagree with the snow globe nerf. With some tweaking it could work, but personally i think frost should have his movement speed jacked up. For rhino, being slow makes sense, he's a meat shield. But if snow globe is going to be changed like this, you have to counter it with something else besides changes to his other attacks. Put his movement speed a tick below ash, and put scaling damage resistance on the snow globe of some kind. Just an idea. I really just want frost to move a little bit faster.