The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron Needs Some Change

That1Guy

The Detron lacks proper animations and even lacks the metal look it had in the art for Gravidus and in its icon in the inventory. Currently it looks more like its just painted a color and does not look the part and could definitely use some better texture and mesh quality to show it is metal and not a painted plastic toy. The animation is also lacking in the fact that the reload animation is you throwing in an invisible magazine into your hand and it ejects a batter with a non matching energy from a battery in the weapon.

The Brakk from Gravidus has a bunch of animations and shows that DE put a lot of effort into it everything from the rotating cylinder to how it has small parts close up when firing. The Detron I would suggest could use some new animations like a proper reload animation and even small details like heat exhaust coming from the weapon (its an energy weapon like a laser pistol) I would imagine this would fit the weapon decently.

TLDR: Detron could use some detail and love.

The Brakk from Gravidus has a bunch of animations and shows that DE put a lot of effort into it

No. It uses the generic pistol reload animation where it slaps an invisible magazine into the grip. The Brakk lacks proper animations outside of the little flaps and the spinning mag (which breaks when firing fast anyways).

Both guns need work.

So can we expect animation changes and tweaks to both Detron and Brakk?

Detron needs a lot more TLC then Brakk right now, well actually a lot of weapons do. Brakk has one of the most complex, if not most complex reload animations, in the game right now.

The Detron lacks proper animations and even lacks the metal look it had in the art for Gravidus and in its icon in the inventory. Currently it looks more like its just painted a color and does not look the part and could definitely use some better texture and mesh quality to show it is metal and not a painted plastic toy. The animation is also lacking in the fact that the reload animation is you throwing in an invisible magazine into your hand and it ejects a batter with a non matching energy from a battery in the weapon.

The Brakk from Gravidus has a bunch of animations and shows that DE put a lot of effort into it everything from the rotating cylinder to how it has small parts close up when firing. The Detron I would suggest could use some new animations like a proper reload animation and even small details like heat exhaust coming from the weapon (its an energy weapon like a laser pistol) I would imagine this would fit the weapon decently.

The Detron has the exact same reload animation as the Brakk. The Brakk didn't get more TLC on that regard...

Both the Brakk and Detron display a 6 cartridges barrel, yet only hold 5.

The Detron could indeed use a more "metallic" finish though.

The Detron has the exact same reload animation as the Brakk. The Brakk didn't get more TLC on that regard...

Both the Brakk and Detron display a 6 cartridges barrel, yet only hold 5.

The Detron could indeed use a more "metallic" finish though.

Exact same? Last I checked Brakk had an animated spinning cartridge and parts that fan out when you reload while Detron used the stock reload animation and spit a cartridge out. Maybe my game's been grabbing some random dev files by mistake then.

Exact same? Last I checked Brakk had an animated spinning cartridge and parts that fan out when you reload while Detron used the stock reload animation and spit a cartridge out. Maybe my game's been grabbing some random dev files by mistake then.

The weapon has a unique anim but not the avatar.. I will create custom reloads when I get a chance

Currently it looks more like its just painted a color and does not look the part and could definitely use some better texture and mesh quality to show it is metal and not a painted plastic toy.

I agree and think this applies a bit to Tetra and Penta as well. But then again, the Corpus weapons should look different from say, Grineer and Tenno. Still I get a plastic vibe from them. Just my two cents..

in response to TheSeannachaidh

the Brakk totally outclasses the Detron if they did buff it I would say they should just add some of the three damage types but not as much as the Brakk that way it doesn't just get replaced

Edited by That1Guy