Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ludicrous Damage On Headshots?

shut

Question

So after playing around with various weapons (bows, Synapse, Ignis, etc) I noticed that Headshots on Grineer do absolutely ridiculous damage. Where a bodyshot on a level 20-some Grineer would do about 1500 damage, a headshot could do upwards of 20000.

Does anyone know why this happens? Are their heads considered "unprotected body parts" (no armor) now or something, or has the multiplier simply been changed to make headshots more viable or something? I haven't tested it out much on the other factions yet.

15 answers to this question

Headshots deal 2x damage, but crit headshots deal more. As the host a crit headshot deals 4x damage, while as client they deal 8x damage.

Huh. Interesting.

What about stealth headshots? I recall my Glaive dealing similarly stupid amounts of damage (1500 damage on headshots, <100 damage on bodyshots) when cloaked on my Loki.

Grineer heads have always been unprotected, back in damage 1.0 for weapons that weren't armor ignore/armor pierce, that was the spot to hit if you wanted to do any damage at all.

Actually, Grineer heads were fully protected in Damage 1.0. XD

Yes it is really caused a laughter to me cause of its absurdity ,

ri·dic·u·lous

adjective \rə-ˈdi-kyə-ləs\

: extremely silly or unreasonable

Y̶̯̦̥͔ͩ͆͗͝ò̡̘͖̞̱̠̖̭͇̟̥̰̤̱̃ͮ̌̅ͪͥͤ͗̍̀ư̷̄̔̑ͫͥͣ̑̋ͧ̄̚͏̷̣̩̖̼͙̞̯̰̩r̷̶̜̣̻͈͕͕̻̱̦͈̻̥͔̖̯̬̄̉ͨ͑ͪͧ̓́ͣͧ̎ͯ͑͒ ̜̗̬̙̜̳̼̮̎ͧ̆ͧͧ̇́͡͠͠ǎ̾ͮ̈͂̐ͩ͂ͬ͐̔͆̿ͧ̆̈ͥͯ҉̵̛҉̗̻̻ͅč̸̛̗̳̬̠̮̘̺̭̥̮͚̰̬̺̟͉͎̦̭ͥ́͘͠t̵̨̰̟̣͙̰̬̣͇̜̥͉͔̑̓̃̈́̂ͧ̓ͩ̈́̃̋̌̂ͪ͒̚ȋ͎̰̜̙̯̮̺̱͍̟͚ͨ̓ͤ͒͑̀͑̊̈́̀̀̕o̢̢͎̳͓͍͉͎̼͙̗͎̭̳͕̪͎̫̱̰̦ͣ͛̓͗̅͜͟͡n̸̯̥̫̞̞̥̖̣̥͓͑̆͑̈̐͒ͭ̏́̀́ͅs̨̘̥̳̫͓̬̞͈͔̩͍͒̄̆̓̃ͣͧ̃ͪ͗ͤ̓̀̑̀͠ ̛̻͇̱͕̌̒͑͊ͩ͆ͣ̍́̈ͬͫ̽͂͗̏̚͝͞͠h̑͊͂ͨ̌ͧ̏͆ͣ́ͦ͆̀̐̌͛̇ͣ͌͏̻̣͖͇a̢̛̝̻͍͔̫͇͚͚̞̞̮̭͐́ͭ͂ͤ͑́ͪ͊̆ͧ͌̄ͩ̇̋̋̚̕͡͝v̧̝͈̱͖̞͉̹̫̰̻̝̝̠̮͗̂͒ͩ͂ͨͨ̑̀̔̔ͭ̽̓ͫ̉̃͌͜͢e̸̡̮͔̥̬̖̭̐ͩ̆ͪ̒ͤ͐͆̎̄ ̵̧͉̠̦̗̮̬̤̘̖̜̻̦ͩͩ̅̇ͬͪͨͦ̐̕͡c̊̿̄̇͒͊̂͐҉̲̰̱͠o̟̯̮̱͓̜̥̯ͧ̇̒̋̓͛̀̀͘͢ͅn̴͇̗͙̠̘͕̮̹̩̦͚̗̗̄̅̌̀͜͟s̵̨͓͍̳̖̳̥͍̖̄̽̆̀͛͑͘ę̴̡̙͍̩͈̝̱̺̝̎́ͭͣ̍̓ͣ̈̇͑ͨ͌ͯͥͯ͌͐͞q̡̭͎̝̩̺̩͎̝̬͔̥̳̬̩̺̭ͨ̇̆̿̑͌̉ͯͧͨ͛͊̌ͭ̉̊́̀̚͝u̷ͪͦ̒̍̓ͪ͂̋̂ͫ̍̈̆ͩ́҉̫̣̼̗̞̼̹̫̱͟͝ę̶̢͇̜̗͎̟̟͙̝̬͍̠̪̤̳̗̘̞͒ͧͯ̌ͬ̃̍̐̑ͅnͥͥ́̃̿̋̔ͤ̿̐̑̍́̓ͭ̒̊͋ͭ͜͏̧̩̰̻̰̖̥͉̭͔͟ċ̀̉ͯͥͧ̾̾̏̚҉͏҉̶̗̲̺͖̬̘̹̘͈͉͉̘͓ͅe̸͎̟̹̦͓̥̬͈͙̲̼̞̮͙̔͊̋ͦ̌̓̌͑ͯ͋̚͜͜͡͝s̶̠̮̳̙̙̤̲̱̩̈́̔ͩ̿͂̒ͦ̔ͯ̉ͭͤ̆ͧ̑ͭͣͤ͛̀͟͠.̦̲̖̦͓̖̩̣͓͚͙̥̗̖̎̽ͧ͗̌͞

Edited by iona990

What about stealth headshots? I recall my Glaive dealing similarly stupid amounts of damage (1500 damage on headshots, <100 damage on bodyshots) when cloaked on my Loki.

The invisibility provided by Loki and Ash gives a 50% damage bonus to regular melee attacks, and a 100% bonus to charge attacks. This shows up as yellow numbers, but it is actually different (and stacks with) crits. If you got a crit headshot with the Glaive while stealthed that would be another 2x stacked on top, making it be [GLAIVE DMG]*[Crit DMG]*[4 or 8 based on host/client]*2(stealth).

Whatever I shoot 1 bullet with Latron Prime and get 16.000 every hit ? Sounds pretty wait for it

ri·dic·u·lous

: extremely silly or unreasonable TO ME !

Y̶̯̦̥͔ͩ͆͗͝ò̡̘͖̞̱̠̖̭͇̟̥̰̤̱̃ͮ̌̅ͪͥͤ͗̍̀ư̷̄̔̑ͫͥͣ̑̋ͧ̄̚͏̷̣̩̖̼͙̞̯̰̩r̷̶̜̣̻͈͕͕̻̱̦͈̻̥͔̖̯̬̄̉ͨ͑ͪͧ̓́ͣͧ̎ͯ͑͒ ̜̗̬̙̜̳̼̮̎ͧ̆ͧͧ̇́͡͠͠ǎ̾ͮ̈͂̐ͩ͂ͬ͐̔͆̿ͧ̆̈ͥͯ҉̵̛҉̗̻̻ͅč̸̛̗̳̬̠̮̘̺̭̥̮͚̰̬̺̟͉͎̦̭ͥ́͘͠t̵̨̰̟̣͙̰̬̣͇̜̥͉͔̑̓̃̈́̂ͧ̓ͩ̈́̃̋̌̂ͪ͒̚ȋ͎̰̜̙̯̮̺̱͍̟͚ͨ̓ͤ͒͑̀͑̊̈́̀̀̕o̢̢͎̳͓͍͉͎̼͙̗͎̭̳͕̪͎̫̱̰̦ͣ͛̓͗̅͜͟͡n̸̯̥̫̞̞̥̖̣̥͓͑̆͑̈̐͒ͭ̏́̀́ͅs̨̘̥̳̫͓̬̞͈͔̩͍͒̄̆̓̃ͣͧ̃ͪ͗ͤ̓̀̑̀͠ ̛̻͇̱͕̌̒͑͊ͩ͆ͣ̍́̈ͬͫ̽͂͗̏̚͝͞͠h̑͊͂ͨ̌ͧ̏͆ͣ́ͦ͆̀̐̌͛̇ͣ͌͏̻̣͖͇a̢̛̝̻͍͔̫͇͚͚̞̞̮̭͐́ͭ͂ͤ͑́ͪ͊̆ͧ͌̄ͩ̇̋̋̚̕͡͝v̧̝͈̱͖̞͉̹̫̰̻̝̝̠̮͗̂͒ͩ͂ͨͨ̑̀̔̔ͭ̽̓ͫ̉̃͌͜͢e̸̡̮͔̥̬̖̭̐ͩ̆ͪ̒ͤ͐͆̎̄ ̵̧͉̠̦̗̮̬̤̘̖̜̻̦ͩͩ̅̇ͬͪͨͦ̐̕͡c̊̿̄̇͒͊̂͐҉̲̰̱͠o̟̯̮̱͓̜̥̯ͧ̇̒̋̓͛̀̀͘͢ͅn̴͇̗͙̠̘͕̮̹̩̦͚̗̗̄̅̌̀͜͟s̵̨͓͍̳̖̳̥͍̖̄̽̆̀͛͑͘ę̴̡̙͍̩͈̝̱̺̝̎́ͭͣ̍̓ͣ̈̇͑ͨ͌ͯͥͯ͌͐͞q̡̭͎̝̩̺̩͎̝̬͔̥̳̬̩̺̭ͨ̇̆̿̑͌̉ͯͧͨ͛͊̌ͭ̉̊́̀̚͝u̷ͪͦ̒̍̓ͪ͂̋̂ͫ̍̈̆ͩ́҉̫̣̼̗̞̼̹̫̱͟͝ę̶̢͇̜̗͎̟̟͙̝̬͍̠̪̤̳̗̘̞͒ͧͯ̌ͬ̃̍̐̑ͅnͥͥ́̃̿̋̔ͤ̿̐̑̍́̓ͭ̒̊͋ͭ͜͏̧̩̰̻̰̖̥͉̭͔͟ċ̀̉ͯͥͧ̾̾̏̚҉͏҉̶̗̲̺͖̬̘̹̘͈͉͉̘͓ͅe̸͎̟̹̦͓̥̬͈͙̲̼̞̮͙̔͊̋ͦ̌̓̌͑ͯ͋̚͜͜͡͝s̶̠̮̳̙̙̤̲̱̩̈́̔ͩ̿͂̒ͦ̔ͯ̉ͭͤ̆ͧ̑ͭͣͤ͛̀͟͠.̦̲̖̦͓̖̩̣͓͚͙̥̗̖̎̽ͧ͗̌͞

Edited by iona990

The invisibility provided by Loki and Ash gives a 50% damage bonus to regular melee attacks, and a 100% bonus to charge attacks. This shows up as yellow numbers, but it is actually different (and stacks with) crits. If you got a crit headshot with the Glaive while stealthed that would be another 2x stacked on top, making it be [GLAIVE DMG]*[Crit DMG]*[4 or 8 based on host/client]*2(stealth).

I was a bit confused, though, because the ludicrous damage boost was consistent. I went from 100 damage to 1500+ on every headshot while cloaked, and we all know how low the crit chance is. XD

Yes it is really caused a laughter to me cause of its absurdity ,

ri·dic·u·lous

: extremely silly or unreasonable

Whatever I shoot 1 bullet with Latron Prime and get 16.000 every hit ? Sounds pretty wait for it

ri·dic·u·lous

: extremely silly or unreasonable TO ME !

Please stop posting. You're not adding anything to this thread.

I was a bit confused, though, because the ludicrous damage boost was consistent. I went from 100 damage to 1500+ on every headshot while cloaked, and we all know how low the crit chance is. XD

It could be that stealth headshots deal the increased damage too. I have not tested that.

Referred to me  , delete thread then , you have wrote it , what I was saying for Month and a half in General Chat.

Release your  jimmies, seek unrustlement.

The Latron Is very powerful now.

Deal with it.

I slap a hammershot and vital sense, according mods inbetween, it's lovely.