The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bo Vs Amphis?

Mikozof

Question

2 answers to this question

You probably looked at the stats and saw it did more damage and the speed number is higher too, however the ampis is a heavy weapon so it's slower by default. They both ignore armor and the ampis can do that electric AoE by doing a mid air melee attack, but I bet it's really weak like for the heat sword. I think thay can both hit more than one target per swing, though the ampis probably has a larger range.

Comaparing normal melee: the wiki sais that the bo deals a lot of stuns and knockback so it easily incapacitates the enemy your dealing with, as I mentioned it's faster so it should compensate for the slightly weaker attack.

Comparing charged melee: the ampis should be somewhat superior here, it deals more damage and it has a good charge speed multiplier which could actually make it just as fast at charging as the bo, which on the other hand will send enemies flying across the room even if they are alive.

However if you are looking for a weapon to one-shot with charged attacks any of the other 3 heavy melee weapons will deal twice as much damage.

Overall when I look at the ampis's info I get the feel that it doesn't shine in anything, it's basically a bo with less crowd control but a bit more damage that doesn't make it special. However I tried neither so my interpretation of the info might not be precice.