Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I love this design, but European and Australian government will probably hate it.

Yeah...I live in Europe and their government doesn't care about gore. Australians might care but there is the option to remove gore, so...I really don't see your point, but thanks though.

Just wow... You sir are amazing. This is the most original idea out of all the concepts I've seen (Most of which were elemental theme) And the Frames you make actually look like frames that would be in the game.

Seriously they really should just hire you after all that work you put in.

Pardon my resilience and I know you hate me, but I am going to try this again and I know you are set in your abilities for this frame... but have you ever considered a power like what some wasps do to spiders? How they attack them but don't kill'em, but subdue them, plant their eggs and use the spiders in a similar way to the aliens from Aliens, using them as hosts? This would all have to be done in a quick sequence to work in Warframe but could be really cool. 

Also, the "meat shield" power is probably one of the coolest things I have seen as an idea for this game, but yet so simple a move too, this definitely should make into the actual line-up. I don't know how it could be effected by mods/leveling, but I'm sure you have an idea. My only, one change, would be to call it, "En-sinew-ate." Since you are grabbing the target with a bunch of tendrils. Dashes included or not (I just did that to highlight the sinew part). Something like "Envelop" just seems too plain.

I don't hate you, I just find that you became quite aggressive with the idea. For example, saying that the idea you came up is inherently better than what I originally came up with. Perhaps combining the two would make the power a bit better, but being forceful and aggressive about it will only make people get aggressive in response. The whole wasp idea you came up with is interesting, but Typhus is Male. Only females lay eggs. Also, Typhus is based more on a parasite, so I gave him more parasitic like abilities. Sure he may look a bit like a bug, but that design is a call back to the "Typhus" disease, which causes rotting flesh, and thus, an association with insects.

This it's amazing! Good job man, I would live to see this in game and play it. Would probably add some more chaos to it to make it feel more infested.(random tentacles/tumor growth). Name is a little similar to the tysis too. Other than that I hope to see a infested warframe like yours!

This it's amazing! Good job man, I would live to see this in game and play it. Would probably add some more chaos to it to make it feel more infested.(random tentacles/tumor growth). Name is a little similar to the tysis too. Other than that I hope to see a infested warframe like yours!

Typhus is not exactly an infested Warframe, rather he's more inspired by Viruses and Diseases. Bacteria and Parasites, and the like. Rather than converting his victims into necromporphic abominations, he kills his victims with concentrated bacterial compounds.

Typhus is any of several similar diseases caused by Rickettsia bacteria. The name comes from the Greek "Typhos" meaning smoky or hazy, describing the state of mind of those affected with typhus. The causative organism Rickettsia is an obligate parasite bacterium that cannot survive for long outside living cells.

Tysis is actually derived from the root -ptysis, which refers to spitting of matter.

Edited by RedSkittlez

It's not really supposed to be "Infested", It's merely inspired by diseases and bacteria which commonly infest critters. Hence the symmetrical design, and lack of tumours. He does have tentacles, though, he just hides them. Don't ask where. You won't like the answer.

As for the name, well, it's a Ho*monym. That is to say, words that sound similar and are spelled similarly, but have different meanings. In this case, the Tysis pistol is named so for the suffix "-Ptysis" which means to spit matter. Goopey, biohazardous goodness... Typhus, on the other hand, is named after a disease that does all sorts of really nasty stuff to the human body, not the least of which includes bleeding horribly, and delirium.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Teqnologyque

I don't hate you, I just find that you became quite aggressive with the idea. For example, saying that the idea you came up is inherently better than what I originally came up with. Perhaps combining the two would make the power a bit better, but being forceful and aggressive about it will only make people get aggressive in response. The whole wasp idea you came up with is interesting, but Typhus is Male. Only females lay eggs. Also, Typhus is based more on a parasite, so I gave him more parasitic like abilities. Sure he may look a bit like a bug, but that design is a call back to the "Typhus" disease, which causes rotting flesh, and thus, an association with insects.

I apologize if I seemed forceful, was not my intent, rather just passionate would be a better description. Again, my fault, text sometimes is misleading. As for the Wasp thing, I was just more pointing out the idea, cause Typhus has that stinger you gave him, which is awesome. I don't remember off the top of my head, but did you give him a move where the stinger delivers somekind of toxin? Like he shoots it into the baddies chest and pumps him full of a corrosive poison or something? That was more of the idea I was aiming for. Anyhow, were you to combine the 2 moves, it would leave room for "meat shield" which I think many people would have a blast with (myself included) or another more appropriate move that would help to balance out his utility/group balance.

great job, but i have an idea about how damage 2.0 would effect him:

Puncture- would leave just a deep mark in his armor.

Impact: would chip off a piece.

Slash: Completely ineffective (unless it slashes on an unprotected part. Then it's x2 damage)

Drained Shield: Each and every bullet would not do health damage, rather a white indicator would show and signify that your armor is taking hits and shows you the direction of the bullets.  

(using the images you already have of course :D)

Edited by Born13

I think in order to get this warframe you have to sarifice one of your male tennos in order for them to become infected with this frame :D

almost like how you give up one vasto for the dual vastoes

I would gladly donate Frost or Volt to the cause.

His ultimate is too similar to one of the powers from prototype. but really great job

Look everything is already done.

What this means is all original ideas are inspired by something that came before and as for prototype, it took heavy inspiration from Gantz, Akira and guiver.

It was not really that original if you watch both youll see. Not just that but as I look into it Typhus is using tendrils not fleshy spikes and spraying blood.

Another good example is Dark Souls and Dragons dogma were inspired by Berzerk

Edited by Vilanova