The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

so, just thought i might chime in again, because it just occurred to me; YOU DONT HAVE A SAMURAI PONYTAIL THING HELMET YET.

you know

1081133-mitsurugi_04.jpg

could totally see a helmet resembling it!

Good idea, I can do that.

Edited by RedSkittlez

First of,ur awesome! (and i dont care u have heard that tons of time's, its still not enough)

Secondly, this idea is so brutal and i dreamed about using this frame rofl. really hope this gets created, with every single bit of concept u have put in to this.

Lastly i was not planning on reading 195 page's so i have no idea, if ur concept will be realized or got shot down. either way i had to get this of my chest and keep hoping we will see "Typhus" as one of the new upcoming frame's!

The act of combining the two things is your idea, however that does not make the final product can be credited solely to you... because of this you basically have to give credit to whoever came up with the individual components you are combining to create a final product. In fact, you should also ask for permission from the creator(s) of the ideas you're using in your combination before going off and saying that the combination is your idea (the not asking for permission seems to me where this whole falling out occurred).

What you're doing is taking two things that you did not make and then suggesting that they be combined. Basically you're creating a Combination Invention, wherein the combination itself is something you can take credit for, but the act of combining two specific things is where your credit begins and ends, and it's also incredibly limited...

For example, if I took an iPhone and hooked it up to a TV with a cable or system I designed to play back movies or whatever, I cannot take credit for the final product (iPhone, TV and cable/system to connect them). I can only take credit for designing the cable/system that connects them, and even then I have to get permission from the companies that made both the iPhone and the TV in order to sell my idea/invention.

Now I'm having Sonichu Flashbacks.

More than likely, Dragon was pretty much the only other big contender for fans' favor and now we have a Dragon frame in Chroma. Unless it was like the thread for the weapon contest and somebody posted a mindblowingly awesome frame that a bunch of people liked, Typhus would more than likely win.

Chroma is NOT what most people thought of when they said dragon frame. Just pointing that out.

If they did the same thing to typhus (AKA pull a zephyr) then I am going to be seriously pissed. 

Chroma is NOT what most people thought of when they said dragon frame. Just pointing that out.

If they did the same thing to typhus (AKA pull a zephyr) then I am going to be seriously &!$$ed.

The problem is that the creative vision and art direction must stem from the artteam, and that is basically Mynki.

Put yourself in his/their shoes. You aim to create something new and be creative. Not easy considering the warframes we got now.

Then say you base the design on a concept from the players. Awesome!

But it must still evolve and take a life on its own.

What is it we really fear Mynki would do with Typhus? Totally change the look? Swap the powers?

I really have no idea what they would do.

The problem is that the creative vision and art direction must stem from the artteam, and that is basically Mynki.

Put yourself in his/their shoes. You aim to create something new and be creative. Not easy considering the warframes we got now.

Then say you base the design on a concept from the players. Awesome!

But it must still evolve and take a life on its own.

What is it we really fear Mynki would do with Typhus? Totally change the look? Swap the powers?

I really have no idea what they would do.

First thing they'll have to do is to decide whether or not the Tenno are energy beings or biological (I personally think we are biological).

We still know nothing about the old enemy, not even if the ones in the Tomb of the Sentient is fact their soldiers.

Who did Mirage rip heads from? What are the wormships? Did they live around a blue star? How could they convert Orokin technology? Why do they cite anscient creation? Why did the Tenno defeat them when all else failed? Are they the Evil Teshin spoke of, or are they something else?

How will the other factions react? Will we see infested Sentients? Why are they called Sentients in the FIRST PLACE?

So much is still kept in the dark.

We still know nothing about the old enemy, not even if the ones in the Tomb of the Sentient is fact their soldiers.

Who did Mirage rip heads from? What are the wormships? Did they live around a blue star? How could they convert Orokin technology? Why do they cite anscient creation? Why did the Tenno defeat them when all else failed? Are they the Evil Teshin spoke of, or are they something else?

How will the other factions react? Will we see infested Sentients? Why are they called Sentients in the FIRST PLACE?

So much is still kept in the dark.

Well Alad is sadly still alive so im guessing he will somehow manage to capture a sentient and probably crate a new horribly boring fight with a sentient holding his collar on its hip or something. You know cause that guy is so creative....

Well untill Steve tells me "Tenno are not energy." I will never feel confident.

The fondness for vague hints must soon come to an end or I think most of us will run out of patiense.

I think the vague-ness is intentional. Think about it; In regards to everything Lore related, there's a few concretes, but every time the nature of the Tenno comes up everything gets murky. Steve will say one thing, Mr. Brennan will usually agree, but you can tell from his body language that he has his own thoughts, and Scott will say something else. 

I think the team wants people to have their own ideas for what their "Unique" Tenno is. Whether twisted abomination, or unnervingly beautiful. Whether physical or energy-form. Each player's Tenno is their own.