The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Not good enough for me. Not two years in. Give me a solid Lore on the "once they were human" and then lets have it so that the Void twisted the Zariman crew,

BOTH into mutants AND into energy ghosts captured into a machine.

But give me the Lore, and let me choose my Tenno.

Its funny, when Rhino Prime codex came out Steve was all like "You get alot if hints about Tenno in there "

I'm sure he went home saying

"Now they will figure it out! It's all right there!"

Then when we did what we allways do, debate and theorize about conflicting Lore, he must have went:

"WUT?"

Chroma, same deal. They really (Scott) were convinced we knew they were making a dragon since,

"A theme wanted by the community for a very long time."

Typhus right? No apparantly we have been craving chromatic dragons this entire time. I never even knew!

In short: I think they are so used to us hunting for Lore that they expect us to know more than we really do.

What do you think Tenno are then?

Personally, I agree with all the theories human/energy/mass production. Yet, the one thing that stands out the most is when Lotus says "reinforcements are on the way." We, know she doesn't mean that sh-, in fact Mirage knew she was lying. Tenno to my vision are Orokin-Humans trained specifically to fight the incursions of the other factions in the old war; in particular the Prime Frames as they are more equipped then standard issue frames and if we look at their design almost every prime has holsters for their side arm. Hope this answers your question. :D

The problem is that the creative vision and art direction must stem from the artteam, and that is basically Mynki.

Put yourself in his/their shoes. You aim to create something new and be creative. Not easy considering the warframes we got now.

Then say you base the design on a concept from the players. Awesome!

But it must still evolve and take a life on its own.

What is it we really fear Mynki would do with Typhus? Totally change the look? Swap the powers?

I really have no idea what they would do.

In all honesty I think having only one guy giving the go/nogo on the art direction is a bad call. It causes a very limited view of what the art should be. 

If they have to make it look or play worse than what players requested then what is the point of making the frame in the first place?

Its funny, when Rhino Prime codex came out Steve was all like "You get alot if hints about Tenno in there "

I'm sure he went home saying

"Now they will figure it out! It's all right there!"

Then when we did what we allways do, debate and theorize about conflicting Lore, he must have went:

"WUT?"

Chroma, same deal. They really (Scott) were convinced we knew they were making a dragon since,

"A theme wanted by the community for a very long time."

Typhus right? No apparantly we have been craving chromatic dragons this entire time. I never even knew!

In short: I think they are so used to us hunting for Lore that they expect us to know more than we really do.

They just need to communicate with more of the community.

They just need to communicate with more of the community.

they do a good job of noticing the popular stuff, however a lot of good ideas i think are passed up over because of lack of popularity. 

the design council however is paid a lot of attention to. and since they pretty much havent recruited anyone since founder applications closed, the design council im sure is dwindling and obviously hasnt grown. same ideas and same opinions since the start. if DE really wanted to create fresh new ideas, they should either broaden their horizons and look towards the public forums or allow entry to the design council again (obviously still a limiting factor still) perhaps they should be a little more open with who gains entrance to the design council? 

regardless, DE does indeed watch these forums and i'm sure theyre relatively aware of a lot of the conversations going on in this topic in particular. unless of course they have done what i have done, which is only check in every month or so due to the fact that this thread is barely about typhus anymore and more about the concept community complaining that DE doesnt listen to them. (go on dig through this thread, theres a lot of it) or just complaining about DE in general, which i dont agree with but thats how it is. i'd really love to see some more conversations about typhus as a frame and not just people talking about how/why we's not in the game yet. 

he will come when and if he comes. 

just like any concept on this part of the forums, he is not assured to be added just because he is liked.

what peaks DE's interest seems to be completely random and unpredictable to me. the things they spotlight on primetime are not always the things that are the most popular, but they are the things that they think are cool, regardless of popularity, and they dont always intend to add said things into the game and nor are they obligated to.

TL;DR: DE adds what they want, just because something is popular does not give it a right to be added. back to talking about the concept now! :)

As a fan of concepting at large and concept art in particular, I agree fully mr.p.

As for Typhus, I want the infested and the tc to be more than what it is. Granted, J3 is sure to bring at least something new.

But a frame like Typhus, the third one Alad is responsible for, would really add.

As a fan of concepting at large and concept art in particular, I agree fully mr.p.

As for Typhus, I want the infested and the tc to be more than what it is. Granted, J3 is sure to bring at least something new.

But a frame like Typhus, the third one Alad is responsible for, would really add.

i actually think typhus should break away from the whole alad V thing. i kinda feel like at this point alad V is too expected for this and that it doesnt bring much lore wise if we just say: "oh darn that alad V" again. i think it's about time we bring in a new infested lord. something purely infested. like, a highly developed sentient form of infestation that controls them all like a central brain system. something more grand an in control of of the infested. we need some more infested big bad guys. typhus brings an opportunity to do so. 

if were sticking with the infested frame thing(though i dont believe he is) we have several options to choose from.

possibly typhus is the cause of this new enemy, being that the warframes energy influenced the growth of some of the infestation causing it to grow differently.

another possibility; typhus being the newest warframe, growing from the infested itself around the old framework of the base components that go into warframes, thus conjuring a warframe that didnt exist in the old war. this could prove to be unique and... interesting.

perhaps even have typhus be burried in a derelict covered in infestation, as it's affinity for them seems to drag them in and cause them to cluster around him (this could also give him a hidden passive to aggro infested more :P)

---

Alad V being the creator of Typhus is an old idea (a year ago before Alad V became infested) and understandably annoying to see him so. Server and I have been reworking on the history of Typhus and giving him a fresh coat of paint with an interesting story. I hope you guys enjoy the new one more when we release it.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Alad V being the creator of Typhus is an old idea (a year ago before Alad V became infested) and understandably annoying to see him so. Server and I have been reworking on the history of Typhus and giving him a fresh coat of paint with an interesting story. I hope you guys enjoy the new one more when we release it.

Mm yes I am aware of the old origin of Alad. I look forward to seeing what you have thought up.

My idea is that while Alad is not directly responsible, as an agent or proxy for the mutalist strain, he was a factor that led to its spread and following infection/mutation of a warframe.

This is how I perceive Typhus, a true symbiot - even if I suspect all warframes "Systems" are infact the awareness of a living construct of infested mutated tissue and biotechnology.

I too think the infested need leadership, an Identity not totally unlike the Zerg or Tyrranids, and not simply a plague-weapon.

Was there once a combined Lore with both Typhus and Baphomet, Red?

Spooky but then again this will help to exact revenge upon that lephantis....Oh benevolent created of this thread thou hast enchanted us with thine idea and DE thou hast screwed us many times but now to compensate thou doth introduce thus frame or we will purge u and send stalker behind thou....amen

Edited by Benjemim

i actually think typhus should break away from the whole alad V thing. i kinda feel like at this point alad V is too expected for this and that it doesnt bring much lore wise if we just say: "oh darn that alad V" again. i think it's about time we bring in a new infested lord. something purely infested. like, a highly developed sentient form of infestation that controls them all like a central brain system. something more grand an in control of of the infested. we need some more infested big bad guys. typhus brings an opportunity to do so. 

if were sticking with the infested frame thing(though i dont believe he is) we have several options to choose from.

possibly typhus is the cause of this new enemy, being that the warframes energy influenced the growth of some of the infestation causing it to grow differently.

another possibility; typhus being the newest warframe, growing from the infested itself around the old framework of the base components that go into warframes, thus conjuring a warframe that didnt exist in the old war. this could prove to be unique and... interesting.

perhaps even have typhus be burried in a derelict covered in infestation, as it's affinity for them seems to drag them in and cause them to cluster around him (this could also give him a hidden passive to aggro infested more :P)

So you say Typhus is kinda like SA-X. A new creature born from the infected leftovers of an ancient armor. Yeah i can see it work. Being a fan of SA-X and all.

Screw Alad V, chop him to bits and throw him at the sun, then launch a nuke toward the sun just to be sure

so red how do you feel that Mios has been put on the back burner in favor for another new grip type?

another new grip? which one? i have not heard of this! :O

Do we know that though? Mios is obviously complicated, but I doubt THAT hard to pull off.

i feel like they want to release typhus as the next male frame. and doing so they waited to release mios with him. would be a very kind gesture of DE to do.

Edited by MrPigman