The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I have long ago(did I ever?) stopped pushing for Typhus to be made. The only effect is they avoid the subject and clam shut what their plans are.

I do however feel there is sufficant inspiration here to warrant i interesting things from Mynki. And who knows?

they do a good job of noticing the popular stuff, however a lot of good ideas i think are passed up over because of lack of popularity. 

the design council however is paid a lot of attention to. and since they pretty much havent recruited anyone since founder applications closed, the design council im sure is dwindling and obviously hasnt grown. same ideas and same opinions since the start. if DE really wanted to create fresh new ideas, they should either broaden their horizons and look towards the public forums or allow entry to the design council again (obviously still a limiting factor still) perhaps they should be a little more open with who gains entrance to the design council? 

regardless, DE does indeed watch these forums and i'm sure theyre relatively aware of a lot of the conversations going on in this topic in particular. unless of course they have done what i have done, which is only check in every month or so due to the fact that this thread is barely about typhus anymore and more about the concept community complaining that DE doesnt listen to them. (go on dig through this thread, theres a lot of it) or just complaining about DE in general, which i dont agree with but thats how it is. i'd really love to see some more conversations about typhus as a frame and not just people talking about how/why we's not in the game yet. 

he will come when and if he comes. 

just like any concept on this part of the forums, he is not assured to be added just because he is liked.

what peaks DE's interest seems to be completely random and unpredictable to me. the things they spotlight on primetime are not always the things that are the most popular, but they are the things that they think are cool, regardless of popularity, and they dont always intend to add said things into the game and nor are they obligated to.

TL;DR: DE adds what they want, just because something is popular does not give it a right to be added. back to talking about the concept now! :)

I am well aware of all of that. I am annoyed because when they say something is "community requested" and "massively popular" they end up disappointing a majority of the people. Never mind the fact that they don't talk to any players about their design decisions (or so it appears as of late).  (Chroma I am looking at you.)

I am well aware of all of that. I am annoyed because when they say something is "community requested" and "massively popular" they end up disappointing a majority of the people. Never mind the fact that they don't talk to any players about their design decisions (or so it appears as of late).  (Chroma I am looking at you.)

1: this is not the place to discuss DE's antics.

2: DE is not obligated to make anything on the forums an actual feature. just because they point out that it is popular and desires does not force them to create it.

3: also, who says they haven't been working on it? typhus is rather complex, maybe they decided to go all out and have been passively working on it for a while now? maybe they aim to create him in all the glory that he is here.

4: chroma is not intended to be the dragon concept on the forums here. they already said that. chroma is their idea, it was only sparked by the dragon. so correlating the two is a false claim and should stop. besides chroma doesnt look too bad. looks pretty cool in game if you ask me.

1: this is not the place to discuss DE's antics.

2: DE is not obligated to make anything on the forums an actual feature. just because they point out that it is popular and desires does not force them to create it.

3: also, who says they haven't been working on it? typhus is rather complex, maybe they decided to go all out and have been passively working on it for a while now? maybe they aim to create him in all the glory that he is here.

4: chroma is not intended to be the dragon concept on the forums here. they already said that. chroma is their idea, it was only sparked by the dragon. so correlating the two is a false claim and should stop. besides chroma doesnt look too bad. looks pretty cool in game if you ask me.

1. It's the forums. If the frame might enter the game some day then it will be VERY affected by DE's antics. Therefore I am valid in my statement. 

2. I know it is DE's game. I never said it was not.

3. If they are working on it then great, I just don't want them to balls it up like they did with zephyr. Look at the original concept and then look at the current zephyr. I know that DE likes to be original but making something look worse than the original just for the sake of it being their own style seems to be like a bad idea.

4. I know chroma was not spawned from that frame concept, its kinda obvious that it is not.  

I was referring to the fact that they did not adequately theme chroma off of a dragon. It was too vague. I have stated in other topics that are related to chroma exactly what is wrong with that design but I digress. 

All I want is DE to do a good job on typhus if they ever make him and I am not exactly optimistic on that. I was just stating why I am not optimistic.  

I mean, thats how they designed Dakra Prime and Braton Prime, right?

Dakra maybe, I still don't get what that thing's deal is... But the Braton/Prime? The Tenno had nothing to do with that. They couldn't have. Compare weapons like the Boltor or Sybaris. The Braton is too simple looking to be a Tenno weapon. I think it was made by the Proto-Corpus during the Great War and issued to Zero-Tech soldiers, the Tenno just started picking them up in the field and keeping them handy. The Braton Prime is just a better version, probably carried by high-ranked Orokin as a PDW.

Point is, most Tenno weapons, particularly the older ones, have pseudo organic elements and odd designs, reminiscent of wooden or porcelain sculptures... What I want to know is where the hell they're getting the wood for some of the furniture on their guns, though...