The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Dakra maybe, I still don't get what that thing's deal is... But the Braton/Prime? The Tenno had nothing to do with that. They couldn't have. Compare weapons like the Boltor or Sybaris. The Braton is too simple looking to be a Tenno weapon. I think it was made by the Proto-Corpus during the Great War and issued to Zero-Tech soldiers, the Tenno just started picking them up in the field and keeping them handy. The Braton Prime is just a better version, probably carried by high-ranked Orokin as a PDW.

Point is, most Tenno weapons, particularly the older ones, have pseudo organic elements and odd designs, reminiscent of wooden or porcelain sculptures... What I want to know is where the hell they're getting the wood for some of the furniture on their guns, though...

... o.0 I was joking, but I see your point, but even the wooden organic look is significantly different than the flesh and bone look that the infested take on. 

Funny that, I put a Poll on my twitter and no one likes "A".

Well, the Mios is basically integrated into the gun, like a gunsword.

I figured the gun was the original, then it was repurposed into the scissor-sword-whip that is the Mios.

Funny that, I put a Poll on my twitter and no one likes "A".

I like em' both, it's just A looks more like an automatic rife, and B looks like a launcher/carbine of sorts, and it fits the weapon's purpose better IMO.

I will be reworking the 3rd and 4th powers to integrate the new Faction (Sentient), as they change depending on what Faction he devours. 

I do take suggestions, so if anyone has anything they think would work feel free to post.

Thats quite a challenge since we do not know what their weakness is.

But they seem to learn and adapt, so that at least should factor in.

How about a hive-link to the allies that grant them a Borg-like power.

They take decreased dmg the more dmg they take untill they soak all for a limited time?

Well... in the new conclave teaser we hear Senshin (I think that's his name) say that they can "survive death". I'm assuming they're an enemy that has something similar to the tenno revive system... so maybe the ultimate from a sentient would act along the lines of a aoe buff for allies coupled with an one shot auto revive for allies?

Edited by Aden

Well... in the new conclave teaser we hear Senshin (I think that's his name) say that they can "survive death"....

That's Teshin, I allways wonder why no one seems to remember his name...

But for the rest, since we know that this is this... "Adaptability" of the Sentient that pushed the Orokin to use the Tenno, I'd say that (for Typhus) it could be a powerful absorb but with terrible drawbacks on the destroyer mode.

If we suppose that Sentients are disposing of a revive ability, and that "adaptability" thing, the absorb could be something visual but with no direct effect aside from a little boost stat wise. Znd on the destroyer mode it could be some kind of a release of the sentient absorbed but I see it a bit twisted and deformed by bio mater, plus the fact that it would act as a turret (like chroma).

But using this, would cause a temporary yet dangerous drop in stats, because controlling the sentient is harder.

That's just a purely rough idea coming out of nowhere in my mind but... I suppose it is a possibility...

Edited by Cyriann

Update: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-mecoptera-syndana-14022014/?p=2060787

If you guys remember I was reworking the 3rdt and 4th abilities, but now I have decided to rework all of the abilities. First ability works the same but how it acts has changed, I also have two Ideas for augment mods for it: Devouring Swarm (any target hits get infested by a swarm) and Devouring Grab (any target hit gets pulled towards Typhus).

Boiling Blood is getting replaced with something as we speak; to something more fitting for a glass cannon/leech, I don’t want something to similar to Saryn 4th. If anyone has any suggestions for Boiling Blood’s replacement, feel free to post it.

As you know I am reworking the 3rd and 4th, Cannibalize Armour and Parasitism have both been reworded to be more appropriate, also I have added in a passive ability.

Note: also adding the Idea of a Consume Meter so you can keep track of what you have been consuming, as different fractions give different effects (ie, The Void).

Edited by RedSkittlez

Update: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-mecoptera-syndana-14022014/?p=2060787

If you guys remember I was reworking the 3rdt and 4th abilities, but now I have decided to rework all of the abilities. First ability works the same but how it acts has changed, I also have two Ideas for augment mods for it: Devouring Swarm (any target hits get infested by a swarm) and Devouring Grab (any target hit gets pulled towards Typhus).

Boiling Blood is getting replaced with something as we speak; to something more fitting for a glass cannon/leech, I don’t want something to similar to Saryn 4th. If anyone has any suggestions for Boiling Blood’s replacement, feel free to post it.

As you know I am reworking the 3rd and 4th, Cannibalize Armour and Parasitism have both been reworded to be more appropriate, also I have added in a passive ability.

Note: also adding the Idea of a Consume Meter so you can keep track of what you have been consuming, as different fractions give different effects (ie, The Void).

those are some cool ideas. I'll try and think of a fitting suggestion. What style do you have in mind for his #2?