The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

What style do you have in mind for his #2?

I was thinking something to reflect his role as glass cannon/leech, but I have had an idea for something a bit more for his personal defense. Maybe something to help his passive at low health, but again, this is still early development and is subject to change.

~Woo Hoo! 200 Pages!

Edited by RedSkittlez

I was thinking something to reflect his role as glass cannon/leech, but I have had an idea for something a bit more for his personal defense. Maybe something to help his passive at low health, but again, this is still early development and is subject to change.

~Woo Hoo! 200 Pages!

only fitting that Red gets top spot on page 200.

Any way this is just off the top of my head but why not an ability that spawns some kind of feeding/leeching pod, that grabs enemies that walk by and sucks the life out of them. again just off the top of my head for now.

Edited by Senketsu_

only fitting that Red gets top spot on page 200.

Any way this is just off the top of my head but why not an ability that spawns some kind of feeding/leeching pod, that grabs enemies that walk by and sucks the life out of them. again just off the top of my head for now.

not a bad idea. Hell, you could probably make a pretty effective trap out of it. Stays there for a certain amount of time or until it takes a certain amount of damage, traps a single enemy at a time and does damage over time, and then goes dormant again allowing typhus (or other tenno depending on if you want any support aspects) to go and drain it of whatever it had managed to accumulate.

not a bad idea. Hell, you could probably make a pretty effective trap out of it. Stays there for a certain amount of time or until it takes a certain amount of damage, traps a single enemy at a time and does damage over time, and then goes dormant again allowing typhus (or other tenno depending on if you want any support aspects) to go and drain it of whatever it had managed to accumulate.

that's what I was thinking. It would definitely show off his Leech theme.

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening!

I absolutely love this artwork. Makes me want to play such a frame, I don't care what it's powers are, I'd just sit in my Liset and admire it for hours.

If Typhus backstory changes to the Orokin Era infestation, that would give us...

Typhus Prime.

I am suddenly seeing Typhus as a warframe fused with infested and Sentient technology, developed by the Tenno Council to gain the upper hand in the Great War.

"The greatest enemy, is ourselves."

- Tenshin

Edited by arch111

hmm

Cannibalize Armour and Parasitism

what happens when you catch an Orokin enemy, what will it buff, is it balanced of all 3 Armor, Shields & Health (Missile, Laser, Insects) or will it depend on the Corrupted enemy.

Edited by Hunter126

hmm

Cannibalize Armour and Parasitism

what happens when you catch an Orokin enemy, what will it buff, is it balanced of all 3 Armor, Shields & Health (Missile, Laser, Insects) or will it depend on the Corrupted enemy.

Note: also adding the Idea of a Consume Meter so you can keep track of what you have been consuming, as different fractions give different effects (ie, The Void).

Question: When coming up with Typhus why did you come up with the idea of a high damage nuker versus say a stealth class or tank, just wondering why nuker came to mind for future reference.

As I said on the OP he is a parasite, so I themed him on parasites and leeches, what does leech mean to you?

In any MMO a leech is a DoTer, an annoyance that does damage, and sucking the life away for his own gain.

Also, because of the way he is designed he can't spam certain powers, like real nukers can.

As I said, I based his roll on a leech, not a stealth class, nor a Tank.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I'm bringing sexy back!

warframe___typhus__parasitism__wip__by_r

-snip-

Are those just an innate part of his frame or weapons? They look okay as weapons but kinda cumbersome if it's just part of his frame.

EDIT: Now that I look, I thought at first they were coming out of his arms, but now I look more closely it appears they're coming out of his back. If that's the case they look pretty neat.

Edited by Akiryx

I'm bringing sexy back!

warframe___typhus__parasitism__wip__by_r

-snip-

wow it changed so drastically

love 2015's one better, looks more organic and cooler.

hmm now that I think about it, if he were put in the game he'd look the most organic.

man I really want him, the first living warframe.

those blades are coming out of his arms, right; they look attached to his arms

EDIT: Now that I look, I thought at first they were coming out of his arms, but now I look more closely it appears they're coming out of his back. If that's the case they look pretty neat.

no I think they're attached to his arms, because if you look at the left arm, the blade is just touching his arm and is not touching the back at all when you look on the other side of the left arm

Edited by Hunter126

no I think they're attached to his arms, because if you look at the left arm, the blade is just touching his arm and is not touching the back at all when you look on the other side of the left arm

No, he is right but it's attached to his shoulders.