The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Cool Red. I think we all are waiting for the arrival of the Sentients anyway.

Besides that, the Lore from the scanning have yet to paint the bigger picture of the Tenno and their warframes.

It very well can turn what we think we know on it's head, depending on what story have been written.

And following in the footsteps of the last two Lore-pieces I can see a warframe like Typhus emerging there, a half-infested Tenno who resist by some innate power and end up being a new warframe that is very useful in the war.

I have an idea/suggestion I like to bounce off you all.

Chroma is one of the most powerful weaponry against the Sentients, Lotus own words.

Chroma is allso made from more than one warframe, suggesting they repurposed what they had to make something better.

Now bear with me.

I have allways thought of an infested warframe as a negative, as a misstake. But what if that is wrong?

Think of the Rhino Prime Codex, how they struggled to create biosoldiers made from the Technocyte (possibly based on the Zariman survivors).

Now add Chroma to that - kind of the Ultimate warframe.

What if the Orokin made one frame, very adapt at melee with high armor, a bit like a Samurai version of Excalibur.

Now say they combined that with an infested creature to create a parasitic knight.

The armor and health was sacrificed for a steal and leech-powerset, the end goal to create another Ultimate warframe like Chroma.

Only the strongest of the Tenno wore the Typhus-model bacause of the harmful nature of the onboard technocyte-parasite.

I personally like this idea. Typhus is still a danger to those around him, and deadly against any Faction.

Imagine aquiring the warframe in a Quest where you must fight him. Just like the Sentients will adapt to our attacks, so will the Typhus-frame try to kill us by stealing our streangths to buff itself.

Or we could obtain it in an old Orokin Lab-vessel full of their research and unfinished warframes. It could be the coolest tileseset in the game and where we would meet the very first Sentient enemy as end-boss.

What do you think of this possibility for Typhus?

It would be interesting if Typhus is the infested's response to the Tenno threat, kind of like producing antitoxins and mobilising phagocytes to take out pathogens. It synthesized a being like the Tenno to protect itself by assimiliating with fallen Tenno from cryopods in the derelicts (you know, the ones that are dropping from the rails).

You duel with the original Typhus and after defeating you capture it. The Lotus sees potential and with Simaris' help a new Frame is synthesized from it's carapace.

Voila. Typhus!

It would be interesting if Typhus is the infested's response to the Tenno threat, kind of like producing antitoxins and mobilising phagocytes to take out pathogens. It synthesized a being like the Tenno to protect itself by assimiliating with fallen Tenno from cryopods in the derelicts (you know, the ones that are dropping from the rails).

You duel with the original Typhus and after defeating you capture it. The Lotus sees potential and with Simaris' help a new Frame is synthesized from it's carapace.

Voila. Typhus!

That sound very promising. I like it.

This is a fantastic Warframe and something I certainly see as 'missing' as a theme in the game (although that may come from my Pokemon roots - haha). 

As for the skin chipping off 'problem' the skin that chips off could just be a 'layer' to the Warframe (a bit like Chroma's pelt).

Would the chipped off skin fall to the floor and be able to be desecrated by Nekros? (Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't been through all 200 pages :<).

I'd like to see some sort of summoning of a swarm as an ability if you were to change any of it, though, inhibiting enemies sights and leeching off them or something but just a loose idea if I were to ever approach this sorta Warframe I guess, rather than an actual criticism. I guess 4 abilities sometimes aren't enough!

Great stuff. Would love it.

PS You posted this thread on my birthday. It's like me and Typhus were born on the same day :D

Edited by SpaceSheepie

Why has this frame not been made yet!?

Probably due to its infested nature and specialized style.

There is debate about the infestations ability to compromise a Tenno/warframe, and Typhus is very much a infested creature bonded with the warframe.

The skillset of Typhus is very similar to how I think the Sentients will adapt. It is very cool, but would probably take some thinking to get working properly.

I been thinking, may be this should be the new Stalker, I mean we all KNOW a lot of players wants to get their hands on the Stalkers Warframe... Might as well be this awesome, intimidating, cool looking, with its unique powers, like this Typhus Warframe. :D

I reeeeaaaally would love to have a Vampire/Werebeast/Ghost/Parasite Warframe it sure be awesome!