The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

It's been announced on the newest DevStream (#56), it seems the Mios ain't coming in U 17!

But, this leaves U 18+ will be free for a new Warframe, as the upcoming Ying-Yang Warframe will take the crest of U 17 Warframe, perhaps Typhus will be U 18..?

What did you change?

Look at the colours

It's been announced on the newest DevStream (#56), it seems the Mios ain't coming in U 17!

But, this leaves U 18+ will be free for a new Warframe, as the upcoming Ying-Yang Warframe will take the crest of U 17 Warframe, perhaps Typhus will be U 18..?

It was already confirmed that Mios would not be in U17, but would be in U17.5

*Unfortunately Enzyme has to be canceled as I could not get his powers to work,

but I will be reusing some of his aesthetics on this frame.

Heyo, why don't you create an Idea Thread? Enzyme deserves a chance and it'll be a good community collaboration!

I hope there is a new Weapon Competition, Red could propose Typhus' Infested Sidearm for Typhus himself along with the Mios.

I think I already talked about that, I don't remember xD

But yes, I totally support this idea, it will be wonderful :3

warframe___monkframe__sketch__by_redskit

Here is a Prototype sketch of the MonkFrame.

Aw ... Nice nice nice :D !

No ... I can't live with it in mind.

*hang herself*

_(X^x)_

Then, if it was too complicated for the powers, so be it :/

† R.I.P Enzyme †

@Pyro : the idea of a community collaboration will be great :3 !

Edited by Rorkyr

warframe___monkframe__sketch__by_redskit

Here is a Prototype sketch of the MonkFrame.

This is how I envisioned my own idea.. but was never able to put it on paper, dis gon be gud

Had a comment that the chances of us seeing Typhus now is reduced thanks to the Samuraiesque Ash Prime.

Me personally don't really see a distict samurai in Ash P, but I see their points.

I do not think the theme share too much similaritys with Typhus though. And especially since it is a Prime design.

How do you others respond to this?

Typhus is awesome, seriously. Hope to see him in Warframe.

Also, seeing Typhus reduced because of "Samurai" Ash Prime? Don't think so, because Ash looks more like a Ninja, and Ash Prime just looks like a ornamented ninja, which is nice but remember, prime version.

Also, look at Typhus with your glasses because like Ash Prime, he has it's point of "Samurai themed" like the helmet or the plates and the "noble" appareance of a Samurai too but remember that he is more insect than nothing. Anyways, I don't think they would change it's image a lot because of Ash Prime, it would be absurd.

I think you guys are reading to much into this. Yes Typhus is inspired by Samurais as well as Knights and other stuff. If they (DE) want Typhus to be in the game they will twink his design like they did with Zephyr and Dragon.

But lets back away from appearance and look at what Typhus really is. He is a parasite, he takes the appearance of what he consume, constantly evolving and changing, he could look like anything really and still be Typhus.

Simply put, DE will do what they want to do, and arguing with one another won't increase or decrease the frame's chances of making it in the game. DE has the final say for what ever they choose to implement in the game.

I think you guys are reading to much into this. Yes Typhus is inspired by Samurais as well as Knights and other stuff. If they (DE) want Typhus to be in the game they will twink his design like they did with Zephyr and Dragon.

But lets back away from appearance and look at what Typhus really is. He is a parasite, he takes the appearance of what he consume, constantly evolving and changing, he could look like anything really and still be Typhus.

Simply put, DE will do what they want to do, and arguing with one another won't increase or decrease the frame's chances of making it in the game. DE has the final say for what ever they choose to implement in the game.

I am throwing my plats right now. WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME? °^°

I am not trying to argue at all. I completely agree that the powerset and theme is the heart of this concept and visually he really can be whatever Mynki feel is cool.

Some people keep bringing up negative.points though. Like there can not be an "infested" warframe, or two frames cant be a "samurai"-inspired.

So, yeah.

I am not trying to argue at all. I completely agree that the powerset and theme is the heart of this concept and visually he really can be whatever Mynki feel is cool.

Some people keep bringing up negative.points though. Like there can not be an "infested" warframe, or two frames cant be a "samurai"-inspired.

So, yeah.

Kay, so, these people are blind (without affront) :

-Infested warframe : Typhus is NOT infested, he's a parasit.

-Samurai inspired : Ash is ninja inspired, not really samurai.

I definitely like the concept of Typhus, but I feel the abilities could use some tweaking so they aren't just damage based.

Suggestions on changes to the abilities:

1st ability: Instead of a cone of claws, how about a swarm of parasites that crawl out from under his armor and latch onto enemies? This one has nothing to do with the damage thing, but I just didn't see how bony claws fit a parasite warframe.

2nd ability: Enemies coated in slag could take more damage or have a severe slowing effect. Also, the range on this should be a set number unaffected by mods, so that with a duration build range mods don't have to be added. (see paragraph after 4th ability)

3rd ability: Maybe have him pull the target into him rather than rip them apart, and hold them inside for a limited amount of time so whether or not you kill the enemy doesn't matter. And the amount of armor/shields/health that you get is a percentage of the enemy's, rather than a set amount (unless that was already the plan).

4th ability: Something that's not just a damage dealing ability. Warframes need utility, not just raw damage. I ran out of ideas already, but I definitely advise something other than pure damage for an ultimate ability. Or if damage has to be what it is, it should at least scale based on enemy level somehow.

Also, in general the abilities should all work well with the same build to make him easier to mod. The ideas above rely on strength and duration, which could be modded for easily enough (not much confliction between the two with corrupted mods). A duration build will reduce range (Narrow Minded), so abilities should not have a range affected by mods or it will be difficult to come up with a good mod setup. So if these suggestions are taken into account, the 4th ability should probably rely on duration and strength, with a set range unaffected by mods or no range at all.

These are just my 2 cents. I just think he'll be more popular if he's less damage based, because he will be viable for use in high level content.

Edited by dylanwarrior77

I definitely like the concept of Typhus, but I feel the abilities could use some tweaking so they aren't just damage based.

Suggestions on changes to the abilities:

1st ability: Instead of a cone of claws, how about a swarm of parasites that crawl out from under his armor and latch onto enemies? This one has nothing to do with the damage thing, but I just didn't see how bony claws fit a parasite warframe.

2nd ability: Enemies coated in slag could take more damage or have a severe slowing effect. Also, the range on this should be a set number unaffected by mods, so that with a duration build range mods don't have to be added. (see paragraph after 4th ability)

3rd ability: Maybe have him pull the target into him rather than rip them apart, and hold them inside for a limited amount of time so whether or not you kill the enemy doesn't matter. And the amount of armor/shields/health that you get is a percentage of the enemy's, rather than a set amount (unless that was already the plan).

4th ability: Something that's not just a damage dealing ability. Warframes need utility, not just raw damage. I ran out of ideas already, but I definitely advise something other than pure damage for an ultimate ability. Or if damage has to be what it is, it should at least scale based on enemy level somehow.

Also, in general the abilities should all work well with the same build to make him easier to mod. The ideas above rely on strength and duration, which could be modded for easily enough (not much confliction between the two with corrupted mods). A duration build will reduce range (Narrow Minded), so abilities should not have a range affected by mods or it will be difficult to come up with a good mod setup. So if these suggestions are taken into account, the 4th ability should probably rely on duration and strength, with a set range unaffected by mods or no range at all.

These are just my 2 cents. I just think he'll be more popular if he's less damage based, because he will be viable for use in high level content.

these are some nice ideas.