The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I just think he'll be more popular if he's less damage based, because he will be viable for use in high level content.

I want to chime in on this... because I am still alive... kind of... its complex... anyway!

Mate, I don't want to sound like I'm coming down on you, and I can't say you haven't got the skills, but literally anything can be made viable for high-level content with the right know-how. Hell, I've run with Red, and I've seen him handle T4 survival (That was... 55 minutes in when we started having trouble?) with an Oberon, basically solo. He managed to out-kill me in that run, and that's not an easy thing to do, as anyone who's run with me can attest.

Point is, its not the gear, its the player. And this whole meta of balancing everything for use in Endless Missions is, in my opinion, a bad idea. Regular content only goes to level 50, at max. So everything should (Ideally) be balanced around that. Anything else is just sadomasochism. Though granted, I do love me some utility, as I usually main Loki Prime, or Frost Prime.

I want to chime in on this... because I am still alive... kind of... its complex... anyway!

Mate, I don't want to sound like I'm coming down on you, and I can't say you haven't got the skills, but literally anything can be made viable for high-level content with the right know-how. Hell, I've run with Red, and I've seen him handle T4 survival (That was... 55 minutes in when we started having trouble?) with an Oberon, basically solo. He managed to out-kill me in that run, and that's not an easy thing to do, as anyone who's run with me can attest.

Point is, its not the gear, its the player. And this whole meta of balancing everything for use in Endless Missions is, in my opinion, a bad idea. Regular content only goes to level 50, at max. So everything should (Ideally) be balanced around that. Anything else is just sadomasochism. Though granted, I do love me some utility, as I usually main Loki Prime, or Frost Prime.

Teqnologyque, to help you prove a point, have this.

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d86q27e.png

This was before Oberon was given radiation damage.

Edited by RedSkittlez

----

Some of these suggestions are good, however, some of the powers stray too much from the original design. Looking at 1, what do you mean by bugs latching into the enemies? You need to make it less vague, do they explode? Do they slow down enemies? Do they leech health? What is the utility?

Edited by RedSkittlez

I like some of the ideas that were mentioned from this concept but isnt the parasite frame kind of already taken. I believe trinity is a parasite though not as graphic as this she steals energy and health to compensate for her weaknesses in battle. Please correct me if im wrong and explain why, I'd appreciate it.

I would not call her a Parasite, Trin steals stuff for the party, where as a parasite it only considered with itself. Her life well and energy leech always felt a bit odd for her, seeing as she is a Medic, something a bit like Obi's renewal and Mag's shields recharge would be more fitting imo.

But even if 'Trin is the parasite frame' is a thing, she is so far removed from Typhus in design (Both in appearance and powers) it wont matter. Even more so when you look at the fact we have both Loki and Ash as stealth frames.

Edited by HoldXtoRevive

Some of these suggestions are good, however, some of the powers stray too much from the original design. Looking at 1, what do you mean by bugs latching into the enemies? You need to make it less vague, do they explode? Do they slow down enemies? Do they leech health? What is the utility?

My main idea for that was just making the power more suited to the theme of the warframe. I didn't have anything really specific in mind, I just thought the claws in the ground seemed a bit off of the parasite theme.

If you do want something specific from me though, I like the idea of them exploding and stunning enemies.

Edited by dylanwarrior77

My main idea for that was just making the power more suited to the theme of the warframe. I didn't have anything really specific in mind, I just thought the claws in the ground seemed a bit off of the parasite theme.

Do you know Cymothoa exigua?

Well, a Cymothoa exigua is a tiny crustacean that sneaks up on a fish (specifically, a red snapper) and works its way in through the gills. Typical parasite behavior so far.

Then it attaches itself to the base of the fish's tongue, the tongue evidently being the tastiest part of the fish (get it!?). The parasite uses its claws to dig into the tongue and drink the fish's blood.

enhanced-buzz-28577-1378933985-7.jpgparasites-Cymothoa-exigua-631.jpg__800x6tongue3.jpgtongue2.jpg

Edited by RedSkittlez

Interesting. I haven't ever seen anyone in-game with the skills to do that, although I would never doubt it to be possible. When I join in on missions like T4 defence I always see people using utility frames like nova for slow and damage multiplier, frost to defend the pod, loki sometimes for disarm, maybe a vauban, and a trinity. I rarely ever see a damage frame like saryn or ember or oberon. It is true that I rarely do high level missions, but when I do I never see damage frames and when I watch others do high level missions I never see them either. I guess I assumed that nobody uses damage frames in endgame content. Obviously I am wrong.

Anyway, that suggestion was just my 2 cents and my personal opinion. I was only going by what I have seen in my time playing warframe, so if you think that my suggestions/comments are not something to take into account, then so be it. Also the reason I think utility would be better is probably linked to the fact that my favorite frames are loki prime, trinity, nova, and vauban.

hey chiming in here, i dont mean to bash on anything or anyone here, but purely damage warframes do tend to become rendered useless when it comes to late game. for example, ember stops really tearing enemies apart at about level 35 or so. she can still kill, but it's not going to be as fast as simply using a gun. same goes for volt. they are both still very fun frames and have their uses, but intil DE makes pure damage more viable it will not scale well. utility is king right now. notice what has been meta to take into the trials? i have yet to see any embers taken in there and volt was only taken for speed and the shield, neither of which are damage skills. Excalibur is really the only somewhat viable endgame damage frame and that's because his 4 is based off of his melee weapon and can use all the utility of the mods equipped.

point being, damage is nice, but utility is better. i'd rather have 4 vaubans than 4 embers.

as far as dealing damage with Oberon, that's not hard. he has a damaging AOE 4 that also has cc to it. also smite which is a very spamable aoe 1. plus with a self heal and status cleanse it's not hard to be self sufficient which would lead to being able to stay in combat and get kills for a longer period of time. Source: i have an Oberon and have done just that. utility makes it so you can stay in there and shoot them more and more accurately, so utility while it doesnt directly deal damage will lead to more damage from your weapons. as for the screen cap, heck man i've done that with excal. not hard to take all the kills with gimpy 4's!

Do you know Cymothoa exigua?

Well, a Cymothoa exigua is a tiny crustacean that sneaks up on a fish (specifically, a red snapper) and works its way in through the gills. Typical parasite behavior so far.

Then it attaches itself to the base of the fish's tongue, the tongue evidently being the tastiest part of the fish (get it!?). The parasite uses its claws to dig into the tongue and drink the fish's blood.

tongue2.jpgtongue3.jpg

I actually had no idea that existed. What is your idea of what the claws would look like? "Bone-like claws" sounds like a Nekros kind of power.

Also it latches onto the fish. Maybe that could be the parasite in the 1st ability, and it crawls into the mouth of the enemy?

Edited by dylanwarrior77

Before this gets out of hand, I understand that many players like utility, let's moved that to the warframe feedback area. Everyone has a favorite warframe, damage or utility, anyone can simply say "I did this" n' "I done that" Blah, blah, blah. But it's the factor of fun that matters most at the end of the day.  

Typhus is a parasite. Parasites eat and destroy their prey making them a threat. Typhus is the same, his skills eat and destroy their prey over time with debuffs and drains. Typhus is always evolving, and everything is subject to change.

Edited by RedSkittlez

warframe___enzyme__wip3__by_redskittlez_

More updates on Monkframe!

I'm think of converting the Typhus thread into RedSkittlez's Warframe thread, it will make it much easier to maintain then having too meany threads

I think that is a good idea. Will you be moving Sherona here as well? :3

warframe___enzyme__wip3__by_redskittlez_

More updates on Monkframe!

I'm think of converting the Typhus thread into RedSkittlez's Warframe thread, it will make it much easier to maintain then having too meany threads

And I LOVE those sickles that Enzyme is using

These are really awesome concept's, my only issue is that those blades on his arms seem very unwieldy, like I can't really believe in my mind that they'd be able to be used practically unless someone ran into them. 

The blades are not on his arms.

It's been a while since I visited Fan Concepts (there is only so much forumite one's sanity can take).

Typhus's new ult is totally sick dude! I love the return to his original organic parasite look, you were going a bit far into samurai territory there man.

It's been a while since I visited Fan Concepts (there is only so much forumite one's sanity can take).

Typhus's new ult is totally sick dude! I love the return to his original organic parasite look, you were going a bit far into samurai territory there man.

there's nothing wrong with. Too samurai.