The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

More the color than anything. I guess it could be that there used to be this contrast between the exoskeleton and what muscle tissue was visible. With the purple I guess it looks more....... flat maybe? Not really sure how to describe it.

Grineer :

Dr. Tengus tried to create a grineer version of a warframe, in which he perfected just that, but with a cost. He had created Typhus, self-efficient, able to adapt and learn by devouring his enemies, gaining knowledge from the enemies he devoured to obtain intel without being duplicated into a computer. Though he had perfected such a warframe, controlling it was another. Escaping from it's tube, he devoured and massacred all scientists that it saw and escaped the facility with intel of Dr. Tengus' work, making Typhus the Grineer's number one mission to destroy.

Corpus/Infestation :

Alad V, being devoured by the infestation, holding so much knowledge of what a Warframe can become. He tried to make another Zanuka but with the power of the infestation. Though his efforts were perfect at creating another Zanuka, it ended with the same result as Valkyr. The creature escape, devouring and butchering any infestation that got in his way. Obtaining the necessary knowledge and body to be able to roam free in the galaxy. Till this day, Alad V denies any accusation of ever creating Project Typhus.

Orokin :

The Orokin's secret weapon, Typhus, created to obtain intel by enemy factions organically by absorbing the enemies. The Warframe was a success, it obtain a large amount of intel with efficiency and speed, faster than any hacking capability warframes have to go through in the battlefield. Though the project was a success, signs of Typhus proved most alarming. Signs of rebellion showed on Typhus, slowly becoming sentient. The Orokin were afraid and saw that Typhus will one day become the enemy of the Orokin and share intel of the orokin to enemy factions. They sentenced Typhus to be placed in stasis until a cure for Typhus but were too late. He escaped and the whereabouts of the warframe are unknown.

3 Possible background stories for Typhus. Created by me so it sorta fits the warframe universe. If there are any errors please say so. :x

(Edit : a bit of the Grineer portion)

(Edit 2 : http://strawpoll.me/5388580 If you want to vote which one)

Edited by Fait

Grineer :

Dr. Tengus tried to create a grineer version of a warframe, in which he perfected just that, but with a cost. He had created Typhus, self-efficient, able to adapt and learn by devouring his enemies, gaining knowledge from the enemies he devoured to obtain intel without being duplicated into a computer. Though he had perfected such a warframe, controlling it was another. Escaping from it's tube, he devoured and massacred all scientists that it saw and escaped the facility with intel of Dr. Tengus' work, making Typhus the Grineer's number one mission to destroy.

Corpus/Infestation :

Alad V, being devoured by the infestation, holding so much knowledge of what a Warframe can become. He tried to make another Zanuka but with the power of the infestation. Though his efforts were perfect at creating another Zanuka, it ended with the same result as Valkyr. The creature escape, devouring and butchering any infestation that got in his way. Obtaining the necessary knowledge and body to be able to roam free in the galaxy. Till this day, Alad V denies any accusation of ever creating Project Typhus.

Orokin :

The Orokin's secret weapon, Typhus, created to obtain intel by enemy factions organically by absorbing the enemies. The Warframe was a success, it obtain a large amount of intel with efficiency and speed, faster than any hacking capability warframes have to go through in the battlefield. Though the project was a success, signs of Typhus proved most alarming. Signs of rebellion showed on Typhus, slowly becoming sentient. The Orokin were afraid and saw that Typhus will one day become the enemy of the Orokin and share intel of the orokin to enemy factions. They sentenced Typhus to be placed in stasis until a cure for Typhus but were too late. He escaped and the whereabouts of the warframe are unknown.

3 Possible background stories for Typhus. Created by me so it sorta fits the warframe universe. If there are any errors please say so. :x

(Edited : a bit of the Grineer portion)

178076-thumbs_up.jpg

Grineer :

Corpus/Infestation :

Orokin :

(Edit 2 : http://strawpoll.me/5388580 If you want to vote which one)

Well thought out.

Another option is a mix of them. The origin is Orokin, but in order to craft it parts from both Grineer and Infestation is required in the Quest.

Grineer :

Corpus/Infestation :

Orokin :

(Edit 2 : http://strawpoll.me/5388580 If you want to vote which one)

Only the Orokin one is acceptable imo. None of the other factions should be allowed to create a Warframe as they do not have the knowledge or tech the Orokin possessed.

Only the Orokin one is acceptable imo. None of the other factions should be allowed to create a Warframe as they do not have the knowledge or tech the Orokin possessed.

Reverse engineering is a thing and the grineer already have the ability to go into the void. Wouldn't be surprising really. Of course that is why I placed that it can't be as perfected as the orokin so a problem with the Grineer one or even the one with Alad V one makes sense.

Edited by Fait

Reverse engineering is a thing and the grineer already have the ability to go into the void. Wouldn't be surprising really. Of course that is why I placed that it can't be as perfected as the orokin so a problem with the Grineer one or even the one with Alad V one makes sense.

Even with Reverse engineering, they wouldn't be able to create a fully functioning Warframe. Part of that is because they'd need a live Tenno to understand the powers and etc. Only the Orokin one makes sense to me. We'll have better understanding of Warframes and Tenno in U18, hopefully that will give us some incite on why the other factions are still stumped by Warframes.

Even with Reverse engineering, they wouldn't be able to create a fully functioning Warframe. Part of that is because they'd need a live Tenno to understand the powers and etc. Only the Orokin one makes sense to me. We'll have better understanding of Warframes and Tenno in U18, hopefully that will give us some incite on why the other factions are still stumped by Warframes.

Well that's the point with Alad V and Dr. Tengus, You can create a warframe or even an alternate version of the warframe since warframe's powers are created because of the void, the only problem is; only the Orokin can perfect a Warframe because of the old technology and knowledge, no one else. I guess you can say Typhus is a failed experiment gone wrong. Sure the Orokin one does make sense but remember, making that a story would only question whether the tenno should be trusted or not because secrets within a secret just makes things more difficult. Plus Typhus' powers seem far more infested than anything else.

(Edit : Correction, RedSkittlez just told me that it is a warframe that has become sentient, in technicality there is no pilot in the warframe, it is its own walking being.)

Edit 2 : He also said it can be changed once U18 comes in whether or not it fits the lore or not.)

Edited by Fait

Off topic about Tengus.

I think i was kind of a waste to make Tyle Regor the genetics genius. That used to be Tengus role, and I really want to see him as a Villain in the game.

But they cant now, we cant have two genetic Master minds that will feel like they just copied Regor.

Unless they make Tengus very different.