Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

This is super awesome and the most detailed version of this frame idea that I have seen. Well done! +1 

I had these ideas in response to another member's topic, check'em out and maybe you could use them/incorporate them into what you've done here.

Powers: Not in number order, Random. Stats and stuff yet to be calculated. these are just rough ideas.

Parasite: The warframe will consume, in its entirety, the attacking enemy and adds it to itself, increasing its own physical size, strength and damage output (melee only). Leveling increases the max number of attackers that can be consumed/stacked (up to a max of five or so enemies). Only works on one enemy at a time even at max level. Each enemy consumed after the first (up to a max of 5) enhances/increases the duration of the effect. After consuming five, each additional consumed enemy will just add on a set amount of duration time for the max level. The frame is immobilized during the consuming process. The visual effect should be tendrils of sinew of all different sizes (like an ancient's arm) shoot out and latch on to the targeted enemy, crushing, shredding and pulling it, piece by piece (but simultaneously) back into the openings from whence they came. When maxed out the frame is a behemoth and uses fist attacks to mangle his enemies until the effect wears off after a certain amount of melee hits landed on enemies (the reverse of Rhino's Iron Skin).

Horde Mentality: warframe uses his infested likeness to join and command the enemy. Lower tiered infested (chargers, leapers, etc) will see the warframe as a friendly, high ranking horde member and will not attack. Not only will they not attack, they will fight alongside the warframe and its teammates for a certain duration. During this time the converted enemies will not be able to take damage from the warframe and its teammates. Once the timing is up,  any infested left will revert back and will attack the warframe and its team once again. Could be modded/leveled to include more and higher ranking infested (ancients) succumbing to the warframe's control and a longer duration.

Leaper Frog: The warframe mimics his infested counterpart, (the leaper) bridging the gap between himself and his target with a careless leap from his current position and body slamming into the target causing high impact damage and knocking down the target. Level and mods increase distance and number of targets/leaps (my true idea is to have this work like checkers. It might be too laggy, though. The warframe would do multiple leaps to single enemies dealing damage and knocking them down in succession and can explode with each landing, if modded correctly, or just at the end. King me!)  A new mod card could be made to add an explosive finisher like the runners do when they get close enough or you could just use Heavy Impact.

Sporened: (instead of scorned) the infested flesh of the warframe opens up and releases armies of tiny living, insect-like creatures that envelope the caster (looks like its covered in thousands/millions of ants). Any damage from enemies heals the warframe (little creatures meld into each other and the warframe's infested skin like a super bactrin ointment, infested style, instantly healing any new wound) and damages the attacker (the nano creatures infect the target/attacker through melee contact and cause necrosis, DoT corrosive damage, at an incredible rate. Enemies will disintegrate/ rot off from the point of infection). Healing/Necrosis rate and power duration are increased through mods/leveling. If the power is used when the warframe is down on health, it will heal the damage (how much damage, TBD).

That's all I have for now. Enjoy! 

What is your awesomeness/month quota? Because I'm pretty sure you exceed it on a regular basis.

What's the plan as far as stats go? I believe something like this should be fast, lightly armoured (To balance for health regen from other abilities), and have middling Health and shield. A stat-set that would emphasize throwing yourself into combat like a mad-man to do as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Christ, I'd hate to be the Janitor that has to go around behind this guy, mopping up whatever's left...

Love it. +1

However, I think the spikes from Cannibalistic Armor should errupt from everywhere on his body, and from there use a homing mechanic to direct themselves towards close-by enemies. I think that would give a cooler visual representation than just his back.

What is your awesomeness/month quota? Because I'm pretty sure you exceed it on a regular basis.

What's the plan as far as stats go? I believe something like this should be fast, lightly armoured (To balance for health regen from other abilities), and have middling Health and shield. A stat-set that would emphasize throwing yourself into combat like a mad-man to do as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Christ, I'd hate to be the Janitor that has to go around behind this guy, mopping up whatever's left...

Did you mean me or the creator of this thread?

One question: CAN ALL HIS ARMOR FALL OFF?

That just gave me an idea! One of his moves should involve his armor exploding off him in a bloody mess (blood fills up underneath his armor till it bursts, but still connected by sinew looking tendrils, kinda like the Guyver does, and only shooting off in a short radius from his body doing heavy impact/knockdown and the spraying blood causes corrosive damage then shoot back on to his body faster than it left. So in between the platelets bashing stuff, jets of acid-blood will spray everywhere, melting anything caught/knocked down in the blast radius.

Another way it could work, instead of an instant damager, would be like Rhino's Iron Skin. Activating the ability begin the swelling of blood and with each kill the blood increases pouring out between the cracks in the armor causing corrosive/viral damage when struck in melee combat (like that mod that deals electric damage when struck by melee). It can stack up to 5 times, dealing increase viral/corrosive damage w/ each tier until ready for detonation.

That just gave me an idea! One of his moves should involve his armor exploding off him in a bloody mess (blood fills up underneath his armor till it bursts, but still connected by sinew looking tendrils, kinda like the Guyver does, and only shooting off in a short radius from his body doing heavy impact/knockdown and the spraying blood causes corrosive damage then shoot back on to his body faster than it left. So in between the platelets bashing stuff, jets of acid-blood will spray everywhere, melting anything caught/knocked down in the blast radius.

Another way it could work, instead of an instant damager, would be like Rhino's Iron Skin. Activating the ability begin the swelling of blood and with each kill the blood increases pouring out between the cracks in the armor causing corrosive/viral damage when struck in melee combat (like that mod that deals electric damage when struck by melee). It can stack up to 5 times, dealing increase viral/corrosive damage w/ each tier until ready for detonation.

Uuuuuh dude I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but he already thought of that it's Boiling blood. Please read the abilities and extras before you add your opinion.

Talky-Wordy

You're... Slow... Man, like really. Do you even Spoilers? Because those two effects are already in the OP. Boiling Blood, the second power, is already there. Your second part, is also listed under additional powers, it's called Symbiosis.

It's cool and all, that you're really passionate about this, but really man, ya' gotta make your own thread rather than trying piggy-back on someone else's thread.

Uuuuuh dude I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but he already thought of that it's Boiling blood. Please read the abilities and extras before you add your opinion.

My bad. I did read the abilities, but i guess I missed where it mixed the 2 to create "my idea." At least it shows the creator is on the right track if many people have the same notions, great minds and all that jazz. I'm also at work and doing this in-between tasks, so forgive me if I miss something. 

You're... Slow... Man, like really. Do you even Spoilers? Because those two effects are already in the OP. Boiling Blood, the second power, is already there. Your second part, is also listed under additional powers, it's called Symbiosis.

It's cool and all, that you're really passionate about this, but really man, ya' gotta make your own thread rather than trying piggy-back on someone else's thread.

I do make my own threads, many, in fact, but where things are not my original ideas, I'm not going to steal another's concept/thunder, I rather just feed them ideas to help make theirs' better and they can always keep'em. If they ended up using any, i'd just want a inspirational credit ("idea adapted from GR13V4NC3 concept"), at most, nothing more. 

* I just went back and read the descriptions and my idea is a combination of 2 moves into one and with some different tweaks and symbiosis is not like it at all (raining of armor shards, my move doesn't do that). The plates that shoot off are connected by tissue and act like battering rams, just doing severe impact damage, knocking the targets to the ground and retracting super fast, but not before the acid blood sprays everywhere (more of a heavy heavy spraying mists than streams) doing whatever elemental damage that synergizes well.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

Talky-Wordy

Your help is likely greatly appreciated, and it's cool that you're trying to help. But it seems to me like you're going a little over-board trying to get credit for two powers that you've combined and changed one minor thing for.

Suggesting a power is okay. Combining two together is cool, but you may want to tone it down when it comes to trying to get credit for your ideas.