Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

3 hours ago, RedSkittlez said:

Now? I did it Wayyy before that thing came out.

But like Cyriann said, there is other concepts of him in the @other concepts' tap

I know hence why I said "now" and I did look at the other art tab, and they too have similar look. (Not knocking your awesome concept or the cool look - just making an observation)...

At this point there is very little Red can do design wise, he is in a somewhat unique situation where DE has seemingly backed him into a design corner. As some longtime followers of the concept may have noticed that when something is updated on the tread it seems that a few months later a altered version of it appears in game in some form, both in appearance and powers.

To brake out of it a total redo may be needed but then it would not be the Warframe we came to know and love.

Edited by HoldXtoRevive
Saying Typhus we know and love sound wrong.

On 2016-8-20 at 3:43 PM, HoldXtoRevive said:

At this point there is very little Red can do design wise, he is in a somewhat unique situation where DE has seemingly backed him into a design corner. As some longtime followers of the concept may have noticed that when something is updated on the tread it seems that a few months later a altered version of it appears in game in some form, both in appearance and powers.

To brake out of it a total redo may be needed but then it would not be the Warframe we came to know and love.

*sigh* I agree with all of that.

Maby they'll just make Typhus into the original Umbra and just go wild with it. Would be pretty cool if they did that IMO.

51 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

Wow, that old 3d model you were working on...

Now that I think of it... You had finished it ?

I never did. The design kept changing, and other things grabbed me.

I still want to though. Maby i will dig it out and finish it.

The farthest I got was here.

typhus_7_by_gaber111-d8cw8nb.jpg

I have a version further along somewhere.

I would pay plat for this

HE LOOKS INCREDIBLE., but he would also make for an awesome Ash deluxe skin. 

On a 3D modeler note, are the thigh pieces attached to his legs or are they free floating and hinged with his hips?  I created a design similar to this (in the legs only) and had a *@##$ of a time rigging them to move naturally.  The stretch and squash around the hips warped everywhere while they were still attached.  Love the work though..

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yeah maybe after the female musician  ....

(yes its confirmed to be a fem frame)

Source? At pax they said "He" when they were reffering to the music frame. Two females under the same theme of Sound/Music doesnt sound right to me. I was hoping for a male to fit a Pied Piper type of Bard theme.

Edited by Demonfr34k

3 hours ago, Demonfr34k said:

Source? At pax they said "He" when they were reffering to the music frame. Two females under the same theme of Sound/Music doesnt sound right to me. I was hoping for a male to fit a Pied Piper type of Bard theme.

source go to the general thread and look up Rebeca AMA , i provided to all tenno 

On 2016-8-26 at 0:29 AM, Hezekiah said:

I would pay plat for this

HE LOOKS INCREDIBLE., but he would also make for an awesome Ash deluxe skin. 

On a 3D modeler note, are the thigh pieces attached to his legs or are they free floating and hinged with his hips?  I created a design similar to this (in the legs only) and had a *@##$ of a time rigging them to move naturally.  The stretch and squash around the hips warped everywhere while they were still attached.  Love the work though..

Not separate no. I figured I could, but clipping and that hellpit made me hesitate.

Anyway, I see this as a.concept rather than a true rendition od Reds designs, wich I would, if I did a new one today, combine into a new and awesome look.

Hmmm. Maby I will.

I have been thinking over Typhus role and powers.

Since Inaros borrowed boiling blood (sort of in Scarab Swarm(?)) and Titania borrowed his enemy-adaptability and I am pretty sure other traits have found their way into Augments - what would Typhus be today?

-

Let's keep the parasyte-theme. He is dependant on leeching enemies for selfbuffs. But expanding on that, what if he could steal not only stats and Status-effects but allso downright attacks from the enemy?

Like add the unit-specifics to Himself becoming like a copycat. The infested streal by consuming and like the Borg in Star Trekk - adding traits to their matrix.

So if he could become temporarily Toxic/Elextric in all attacks from an Eximus, gain electric arc-lightnig/poisonous Gas attacks for a duration - creating elemental combos by consuming 2 for Corrosive or Blast, that would be a fun twist.

I allso think giving him a unique Mios that is only active during power-usage would be cool - we have several examples of this now.

Lastly, since so much is borrowed from Typhus how about he do the same? Boiling Blood pulls damaged enemies to him for consumtion.

By using his special adamptive powers, Typhus Aura has the ability to make Infested Allies, and to Turn enemies into Infested Allies that die after a duration.

- There. Now I stole some back :)