Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

13 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

That sounds... Pretty good. The Unique Mios could then be... One the forms of his Parasitism power don't you think ? Logically... The one created when using infested as basis ?

This Mios could even be a part of the arm, growing out into a menacing infested claw. Just imagine the Finisher-aninations of that >:D

17 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

we all do tenno *pats shoulder* we all do T .T 

Yes we do. It seems they have favoured a bit more traditional and mainstream route lately. As well as having some most wanted ideas like Inaros, Ivara and Titania.

As good as the recent designs are, both deluxe and new warframes,  they have been obvious designs, funnily the biggest problem most people had with Typhus looks, was exactly that - him being too literally the badass carapace infested knight ninja parasite.

I will say this though. If they continue to leech(heh) Typhus to make other warframes,  I will be dissapointed. Like say, a musician who steals traits by music and using them herself in the melody.

They talked about a parasite-warframe a long time ago. I hope that great ideas still exist up on their wall.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Yes we do. It seems they have favoured a bit more traditional and mainstream route lately. As well as having some most wanted ideas like Inaros, Ivara and Titania.

As good as the recent designs are, both deluxe and new warframes,  they have been obvious designs, funnily the biggest problem most people had with Typhus looks, was exactly that - him being too literally the badass carapace infested knight ninja parasite.

I will say this though. If they continue to leech(heh) Typhus to make other warframes,  I will be dissapointed. Like say, a musician who steals traits by music and using them herself in the melody.

They talked about a parasite-warframe a long time ago. I hope that great ideas still exist up on their wall.

oh arch you hear that the music frame is female? 

4 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

oh arch you hear that the music frame is female? 

Yeah I heard,  pretty sure its.based around some fanideas in thr forum over the last two years.

Its not the looks or the gender I worry about,  it's the powers. If they strip Typhus of his kit, Typus needs a new kit.

The "dual devouring whips" should be his ult, and then each of the buffs would be a bonus on top oh the exalted whips depending on the devoured enemies (of course infested would have other than the weapon xD).

Anyway great idea! There is a lot of work on this post, congrats and lets hope DE listens

8 hours ago, as121killer said:

its nice idea but atlas get  preference

Think you need to explain a bit better here, as in Atlas gets preference how? Revamp/update before this? Twinks to existing frames never seemed to impact the development of new frames.

Or are you saying that you like the idea of this frame, but Atlas is still your personal favourite frame?

On 2016-9-28 at 11:51 AM, Danger_Noodle said:

Is it just me or did DE take some of the Typhus' abilities and gave them to Inaros? Like Inaros' 2 is very similar to Typhus' 3. Or his 4 is similar to Typhus' 1. (Altered but similar)

You are not alone. In fact, Typhus have been edited several times because the powers or traits have been used similarly elsewhere.

Inaros was a bit too close for my liking though, but hey what can you do?

On 1. 10. 2016 at 8:21 PM, HoldXtoRevive said:

Think you need to explain a bit better here, as in Atlas gets preference how? Revamp/update before this? Twinks to existing frames never seemed to impact the development of new frames.

Or are you saying that you like the idea of this frame, but Atlas is still your personal favourite frame?

someone vote atlas someone typhus and atlas win so dont atlas was be only concept too beffor so 

3 hours ago, as121killer said:

someone vote atlas someone typhus and atlas win so dont atlas was be only concept too beffor so 

To my knowledge, no voting has taken place about wich warframe should get preference.

Typhus is a fanmade concept, where Atlas was made in-house.

If you are saying Atlas was made instead of Typhus, man you know something we don't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, eisenkaiser said:

Well, well...

Looks like we are getting an infested frame after all. Not exactly Typhus though, but I'll take it.

Source? Did I miss something?

Also, I really don't care if we get another fan concept added to the game, how (legally) DE would have to swing it, or how salty the community may or may not be, I still want DE to add Typhus. Even though I know the chances of it happening are slim to none.

I think of it like a gift to the community, like Clem. And I don't like Clem. Yes. You heard me. I don't like Clem. But I understand him, and what he means to the community. And it's huge that DE understood that and added him.

That's the point.

Edited by Rhekemi

18 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Source? Did I miss something?

Also, I really don't care if we get another fan concept added to the game, how (legally) DE would have to swing it, or how salty the community may or may not be, I still want DE to add Typhus. Even though I know the chances of it happening are slim to none.

I think of it like a gift to the community, like Clem. And I don't like Clem. Yes. You heard me. I don't like Clem. But I understand him, and what he means to the community. And it's huge that DE understood that and added him.

That's the point.

From the dev panel in Pax Australia earlier today

Spoiler

PvV4Jle.png

S39Iekv.png

16 minutes ago, eisenkaiser said:

From the dev panel in Pax Australia earlier today

Hide contents

PvV4Jle.png

S39Iekv.png

I see. Thanks, and wow. Looks really interesting. Seems odd not to have an outright consume power, as that's what the Infestation does. Or will he have it all the same? 

Unsure what it means for Typhus, the parasite (which I still think is slightly different).

So the great devourer may actually be stepping onto the stage, eh? Wonder what that means for the modern military chap and the vegetation lass that bounce through here every so often, or my dear Feyn. . . nah, who am I kidding, hope those two end up in Digital's crosshairs someday!

Edited by Unus

Underwhelming design concept. This new infested warframe is really infested. Unlike Typhus.

And come now,  this new frame is no Typhus.

The biggest step this i is that DE are confirming once and for all that warframes are infested creatures that can be interfaced by Transferance. 

Most of us allready knew that, but it is a point of no return for the Lore. What will this mean for the infested and their relation to the Tenno?

And concepts like Typhus will no longer be frowned upon.

All you who said an infested warframe was impossible and would never happen - never say never ;)

And Typhus still lives.