The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I dont understand why people are combating this frame concept?! Red has done such an amazing job building this frame, paying attention to every little detail, he even made it lore friendly!!!(what little we have XD) Hes done a better job then most people when it comes to making a frame concept! Typhus is such a unique frame in so many ways, yet fits with Warframe to the point of Perfection!!! If Typhus is ever made he WILL be my #1 to play. Sorry Excal you'll have to be bumped down to #2 :3

You're Amazing RedSkittlez!!! Keep it up!!

Edited by Senketsu_

Wow. How long did this take you to do? in my opinion, it is totally original, well thought out, aesthetically pleasing, and its overall awesomeness is mind boggling. I can think of absolutely nothing to argue about. You've covered every base for me. Why is this not in game yet? You, sir, have earned my respect, support, and +1.

I dont understand why people are combating this frame concept?! Red has done such an amazing job building this frame, paying attention to every little detail, he even made it lore friendly!!!(what little we have XD) Hes done a better job then most people when it comes to making a frame concept! Typhus is such a unique frame in so many ways, yet fits with Warframe to the point of Perfection!!! If Typhus is ever made he WILL be my #1 to play. Sorry Excal you'll have to be bumped down to #2 :3

You're Amazing RedSkittlez!!! Keep it up!!

In total agreement with this. I honestly can't see a reason to dispute this frame, yes some of the changes over it's evolution have made me a bit nervous but in hind sight that was just human aversion to change. The samurai look works, he's even gone so far as explaining how he wall runs with a sketch of his damn feet. Maybe some people are just afraid of Typhus because he's so unique? When I think about it he'd make most other warframes obsolete for me and others may just be wanting to hang on to their good old favorites? Huh... I just don't know. All in favor of this frame, Say "I".

I

In total agreement with this. I honestly can't see a reason to dispute this frame, yes some of the changes over it's evolution have made me a bit nervous but in hind sight that was just human aversion to change. The samurai look works, he's even gone so far as explaining how he wall runs with a sketch of his damn feet. Maybe some people are just afraid of Typhus because he's so unique? When I think about it he'd make most other warframes obsolete for me and others may just be wanting to hang on to their good old favorites? Huh... I just don't know. All in favor of this frame, Say "I".

I

I XD

Btw, have you decide on the name of the new 4th yet?

I think Reign of Pestilence sounds awesome...

I have a few ideas though(if interested ;D)..

Blood Bath

Piercing Pestilence

Viral Spine

he said he hasnt made a final decision on what he is going to make the #4 yet 

Well guys, I'm burned out from the Typhus concept, so I'm taking a break for a bit.

Don't forget, melee 2.0 is out today!  Gonna have some fun with that, and hopefully my weapon concept Mios, is out with this update. So guys, enjoy the new update!  Kill a lot of Corpus and Grineer, and burn the universe.

And if you guys want to have a game, just shoot me an invite.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Well guys, I'm burned out from the Typhus concept, so I'm taking a break for a bit.

Don't forget, melee 2.0 is out today!  Gonna have some fun with that, and hopefully my weapon concept Mios, is out with this update. So guys, enjoy the new update!  Kill a lot of Corpus and Grineer, and burn the universe.

And if you guys want to have a game, just shoot me an invite.

WAIT!! are you talking about that epic infested scissor sword thingy?!?!?!?!

Don't forget, each of those weapons is (According to... Geoff...?) getting unique animations so they still fit with the designers initial wishes.

Which is actually really awesome that DE are willing to do that. Most other companies would just re-skin a basic weapon and leave it at that...

Cataclysm- ...These grab targets, rip them apart, absorb them, and replenish Typhus.

It might be a bit exotic, but here's another idea for a 4 power that could accomplish the above

Dread Feast

* Same pose animations as original Cataclysm w Typhus' tendrils extending into ground

* a series of toothed maws erupt around enemies, dropping them partly into the floor and chomping down to hold them in place.

- spawn areas based on enemy locale like Tornado, -locks enemies in place to help team, deals d.o.t., -Typhus regenerates (health?) with d.o.t. From 'feeding'

Just sharing ideas! The sketch for your new 4 idea is really cool too (but I loved the original )

warframe___bringing_it_back_by_redskittl

A lot of people like the original helmet design. Looking back on the thread and comments, a lot of people seemed to like the original helmet. The reason why I changed it was because a lot of people thought that the helmet looked too medieval, but now I'm going back to it. People recognize original helm as, "That is typhus." I decided to bring the original back but give it a little bit of a samurai feel.  

Based it on a Goshozan style helmet. http://toraba.thirdsectd-1.titaninternet.co.uk/images/products/kabuto_0801-0116_1.jpg

A quick 20mins concept.

warframe___bringing_it_back_by_redskittl

A lot of people like the original helmet design. Looking back on the thread and comments, a lot of people seemed to like the original helmet. The reason why I changed it was because a lot of people thought that the helmet looked too medieval, but now I'm going back to it. People recognize original helm as, "That is typhus." I decided to bring the original back but give it a little bit of a samurai feel.  

Based it on a Goshozan style helmet. http://toraba.thirdsectd-1.titaninternet.co.uk/images/products/kabuto_0801-0116_1.jpg

A quick 20mins concept.

Looks nice.. more similar to the original definitely..

The original's teeth/fang-like features was a nice touch, nice to see it back..

The other could be the alternate helmet instead..

This new look is just.... Perfect ! To me Typhus has now is definitive mask, yet maybe it'll change, this one is just perfectly fitting the samurai side and maintains the insect image.

Red, only one thing, your arts are just wonderfull.

errm is it to late to suggest 4ths?

no, ok good

I think typhus new 4th should be something akin to shadows of the dead only operating differently (now hold on stay with me it will get good in a second) when the ult ability is activated typhus swings his melee weapon in the ark and sends chips of his armor in to his enemies, when this happens the parasite takes hold of them as well, and they will be forced to fight along side of typhus, the parasite will slowly drain their health feeding it to typhus, the same for any kills they make while infected with the parasite, a fraction of that damage will be fed to typhus, when they die the chips of armor grow back on typhus. casting the ability would have a cost 100 energy (of course) and a 10th of typhus' shield, health and armor shields will remain cut for the remained of the ability same as armor, but health will be replenished thanks to the parasite drones. This ability will not work on robots or bosses

Ooh, I like that.

While I know your not using this ability (or at least it seems that way from what I have read so far) I am delighted and humbled that you like it and thanks for giving it a look

also just for giggles could I refine the above concept a bit (of the parasitic ability I suggested) and post it here for fun?

Edited by Melos-mevim

Now this is an awesome idea. I really like it, but I would like to share some of my ideas about his abilities just in case they could help you in any way, if not then no problem.

Devour and Cannibalizing Armor to me kinda do the same thing, take apart enemies and eat them. If anything I would change it so the first ability shoots out a parasite that slowly damages and stuns an enemy over the course of like 5 seconds. if the enemy dies he erupts into a flurry of blood and flesh damaging nearby enemies.

Boiling blood sounds really cool but what if his second ability has him erupt with all his armor leaving his body and turning into swarms of hungering locust leaving him without any armor and with a gory underskin. This will leave him without shields or armor, but the locust will hunt out nearby enemies doing damage which will heal Typhus. Of course if he goes down in this state the healing from the locust could revive him.

Cannibalizing Armor should stay the same where targeting a grineer adds extra armor, a corpus adds extra shields, and infested adds extra health while using the ability on any will slowly restore health for a short time.

Cataclysm: you should mix the idea of cataclysm and meat shield so he sends out many tendrils that impale and drag back nearby enemies to take bullets for him. During this time the enemies will take viral dots. At the end of the ability the enemies are thrown outward. Of course having a butch of enemies surrounding you will make it hard to fight so this ability will be mostly for defense and if you use the ability while its already happening you'll just throw the enemies outward ending it prematurely.

these are just some ideas, of course take them how you want them, either way you got an awesome idea for a warframe.