Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

if we wont see Typhus now then i hope this event leads to something bigger like the reintroduction of the infested and the discovery of Typhus in U14

oh and if DE introduces "pleague" weapons (wraith/vandal version of the infested weaponry) at U14 then ima call it best update ever 

Edited by CryoClaw

Every time I see a devstream I keep expecting to hear them say that they are going to introduce Typhus. Why on earth haven't they? It's not like they have all that much work to do beyond animating it, since Redskittelz has gone so in depth. DE, add this, and give me one please!

Hi again everyone, I want to take another crack at a suggestion for typhus's new ult, why? Because its fun and there is nothing stopping me from trying right?
(psst at the end of this post there is some suggestions to balancing the other abilities)

Well, some (probably few) may recall my first suggestion, the one that included him spreading the parasite and getting drones. Well this one is actually built off of that only with more balancing in mind. Like my prior suggestion, Typhus does some animation to fling bits of himself at surrounding enemies attempting to infect them with his parasite. Now here is where things get different, it is likely that there would be some sort of struggle for control between the parasite and the infected, in this struggle there is only a small to medium chance of the parasite winning and you get a nice little drone (more details on drones further in the post), what is more likely to happen is a violent clash between the parasite and the body of the infected, the result is both becoming unstable as the body temp rises and cells begin to crumble, the infected then runs around frantically screaming in pain before they explode, damaging anything around them. Now where is the balance? Simple not only would these explosions harm enemies, they would also harm good old typhus, possibly more than they would enemies, so the player as to be careful when and how they cast this ability, if you are to close to one of them when they pop they will do some substantial damage to you. Now lets talk about when the infection is a success and you get a drone, drones will look a bit different then uninfected versions of them, they would look like they have the early signs of the parasite growing on them, they would be have much like an obedient slaves, I mean allies much like shadows of shadows of the dead or specters, with a couple of differences.

A: all their stats will be lower than their uninfected version, there are still late signs of internal conflict and also this parasite hurts like a mother f****
B: they actually can still be killed by "friendly fire" from any of the players, they also can cause accidental friendly fire to the players as well
C: there is actually a small benefit if they survive long enough, they will begin to glow what ever energy color typhus has and this is actually a signal that their done "cooking" and if they are killed by typhus he gets a bit of health, if their killed by a different player they get a bit of energy

certain mods would effect the ability in different ways

any power mods would increase the chances of a successful infection, but also increase the damage of a explosion, so use carefully
any duration mods will actually increase the survivability of drones but increase the "cooking" time
any efficiency mods of course decrease the amount of energy required to cast but it would also decrease the amount of pay off given from killing a "cooked" drone

these pros and cons should theoretically balance the ability out

now for balancing the other 3 abilities

devour: devour will always do damage to an enemy when it hits them and always give you health, however it doesnt give you the same amount of health every time, most of the time its a low number with the occasional "critical heal" that pretty much brings you back from deaths door

boiling blood & cannibalize armour: these will actually effect each other but first to talk about cannibalize on its own. The benefits of this ability are temporary and how long they last would actually scale to how many enemies were effected by it on cast, the more enemies hit the shorter it lasts but the greater the effects, less enemies longer time smaller effects.
now how do these 2 connect, well if you have used cannibalize before using boiling blood (and pending how great the effects) there will be an increase in the amount of health lost when you cast boiling blood, this would make sense because thanks to cannibalize typhus would have more armor and that requires more pressure to make it explode off him, it causes more damage to typhus and his enemies, but it instantly removes the effects of cannibalize armor from typhus as well as pending the casting of the abilities could instantly kill typhus.

anyways those are my suggestions, the most important part of this post was the ult suggestion. Hope I helped in anyway at all

Edited by Melos-mevim

if we wont see Typhus now then i hope this event leads to something bigger like the reintroduction of the infested and the discovery of Typhus in U14

oh and if DE introduces "pleague" weapons (wraith/vandal version of the infested weaponry) at U14 then ima call it best update ever 

so Wraith is grineer

Vandal is rather for tenno or Corpus 

And Prime is Orokin

So yeah maybe another corpus

But definitely an infested one

AND I WANT TYPHUS, I WANT TYPHUS, I WANT TYPHUS

IF THE CREATORS READ THESE

so Wraith is grineer

Vandal is rather for tenno or Corpus 

And Prime is Orokin

So yeah maybe another corpus

But definitely an infested one

AND I WANT TYPHUS, I WANT TYPHUS, I WANT TYPHUS

IF THE CREATORS READ THESE

I think Tenno are orokin based. Like Excalibur, we have a prime version.

Tenno are either Orokin or Dex

Vandal is Corpus

I like it I will also like to see the frame that is holding the mios be made also or have him incorporated into this one since both of them look super cool and Cudos for all your great art work

the frame holding Mios was an older version of Typhus. I believe he was being called Locust back then.