Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I feel like this would be even better as an enemy unit on the new faction that is planned. Something like this definately seems like an entity capable of slaying Tenno en masse. 

That sounds like a silly idea.

Consider the following: We have so many new mini-bosses. Why put in another when they need to make the current enemies smarter and harder to beat?

Think about it: We just got the Grineer Death Squad. We just got the new Hyena Pack. We've got Harvester. We've got the stalker.

Also there's the matter of the new faction being the "LEAST HUMANOID OF ANY FACTION ALREADY SEEN".

i just have two questions... which of his organs are mutated??

and how does Typhus "absorb" things?

To answer your first question: All of Typhus' organs are mutated. No, really. Pick one, it's mutated. Ten out of Nine. I guarantee it.

To answer the second question: Under the Tendril Image it is described that Typhus utilizes Amino-Complex Mutagenic acids to break down organic and inorganic matter into a slurry that he can absorb and pump through his body as needed. It's all in the OP, bro :P

Edited by Teqnologyque

no i was just asking if he can absorb things without the tendrils. like he grabs and absorbs???

and how are the organs mutated and into what new form/use?

and by the way, im not stupid i read the OP 

Whoa, whoa, whoa. No one's trying to infer anyone's stupid, I know its a common problem in some online communities that some people don't read the OP. So I didn't know if you'd read it or not.

The problem is we, again, can't really answer that because we don't exactly know how in-depth the regular Tenno are already mutated. Its really up to the devs to make the final call, all we can do is provide them with a little bit of inspiration. That's why there's no stat-block on the OP, ya' dig?

RedSkittlez,

This is absolutely incredible - it is such a brilliantly devised concept that oozes both style and substance. You've clearly put many, many hours into this and it shows in every way I can think to consider. It's extremely well thought out, with so many creative ideas and alternatives that are each spiced with just the right amount of morbidity to instill goosebumps and yet more awe. If something like this came out, I would buy it in a heartbeat and change my game play approach to suit it and its style. I am completely blown away! Admittedly, I've now bookmarked your DeviantArt page and am perhaps a little TOO eager to see more of your work...

You have all of my praise, and any vote/support I could possibly provide through the founder's program and Design Council.

Edited by Tentaclaws

Whoa, whoa, whoa. No one's trying to infer anyone's stupid, I know its a common problem in some online communities that some people don't read the OP. So I didn't know if you'd read it or not.

The problem is we, again, can't really answer that because we don't exactly know how in-depth the regular Tenno are already mutated. Its really up to the devs to make the final call, all we can do is provide them with a little bit of inspiration. That's why there's no stat-block on the OP, ya' dig?

ok... the reason why i accused you is because every time i ask a question (not on warframe though) someone always calls me out and thinks im stupid for asking questions even though i read the info. thank you for your answer

It would be cool in order to get this frame, you had to research it, then get a sample of the parasitic worms :D

Edited by Born13

ok... the reason why i accused you is because every time i ask a question (not on warframe though) someone always calls me out and thinks im stupid for asking questions even though i read the info. thank you for your answer

It would be cool in order to get this frame, you had to research it, then get a sample of the parasitic worms :D

Hey, no worries man. We all have good days and we all have bad days. Getting into petty squabbles just breeds stress and contempt, y'know? I'd rather make friends than enemies, if you know what I mean.

Oh man, with the way boss drops are now I could only see Typhus being a Tenno research 'Frame, or the drop on Eris, if they ever plan on giving that system back to the infested. Or, and I know I'm gonna take a bit of flak for this, Maybe put a boss on Eris that drops a resource that you need as a component for the research. Like a sample of some kind, like you said.

Hey, no worries man. We all have good days and we all have bad days. Getting into petty squabbles just breeds stress and contempt, y'know? I'd rather make friends than enemies, if you know what I mean.

Oh man, with the way boss drops are now I could only see Typhus being a Tenno research 'Frame, or the drop on Eris, if they ever plan on giving that system back to the infested. Or, and I know I'm gonna take a bit of flak for this, Maybe put a boss on Eris that drops a resource that you need as a component for the research. Like a sample of some kind, like you said.

Ok it's all good

Great idea on the drops

Just going to voice up my support for this concept. :)

Regardless of me being biased by having a love of biological components when it comes to sci-fi, the concept - both in explanation, art and gameplay - is really well thought out, and it's a type of Warframe that isn't really represented in-game yet - Saryn being more viral, Typhus being more biological. On top of that, it accomplishes the concept without resorting to an arbritrary connection with the Infested, which in my opinion is a boon.

The notion of damage to health being represented on his armour is also a breath of fresh air, and I personally am giddy with the notion of marveling at the armour regenerate when using Boiling Blod.

More than anything, I have yet to be able to define a single frame as "my favourite", despite having them all. Typhus, however, would be extraordinarily likely to become my favourite, going from both art, lore and gameplay.

Well done.

In regards to actual feedback on the concept; I do, by far, prefer the abilities you listed, as opposed to the alternative powers you mentioned.
In regards to Cataclysm, however, I do have an alternative idea in mind for the visuals for it, as I feel the "ground-spike" notion is, in my personal opinion, a bit tired, and have been used quite a lot. On top of that, I have trouble imagining how Typhus would generate the needed biological material to gnaw through the terrain, given he's reliant on his victims to regenerate the matter he dispensed in using the ability.

My alternative notion of the style, involves Typhus either extruding (a) tendrils/rapidly expanding slivers of bone from various points on his body (if you want to keep it centered on him), or doing the same, but by punching the air and releasing a thicker tendril/sliver from his fist. Then, when it connects with the (primary) target(s), it would consume said targets biological matter - specifically bones or any other mineral-rich compound - and then blossom out in the shape of something akin to a network of roots. Not quite the typical utterly chaotic and thick network of tree-roots, but neither the smooth lines of veins - ultimately connecting with more enemies. Effectively, the branches would pierce enemies much in the same way as your current iteration, but the visual would be a resulting "forrest" of the bone/tendrils pertruding from dead/struggling bodies. Think a mix between your Cannibalize Armor artwork, but arranged in a biological network.
But that is, of course, also a bit more intensive in terms of implementing the visual, and it all comes down to matter of preference. Granted my idea may strike too close to both Devour and Cannibalize Armor, but thought I'd give what little feedback I could, on your excellent concept. :)

Here's hoping DE will implement it. ^^

Edited by Santiak

Stuff

I think that Typhus, like all Warframes, can utilize Void Energy the same as other 'Frames. Essentially, I guess you could say he takes Void Energy and converts it to matter (As energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can only change its form, and all things are energy anyway). Its like... 'Kay, I'mma recommend some reading, and its probably gonna take a while to work through, but you'll come out of it with much more understanding of the concept of Typhus.

Abara (Best reference)

Knights of Sidonia (Second best reference)

Biomega

BLAME!

Of course, I just recommend those Series' because they're some of the best Cyber/Bio-Punk stories I've ever read.

EDIT: Prototype would be a good game to play too, but once you've read Abara you can predict the steps through Prototype.

Edited by Teqnologyque

In regards to actual feedback on the concept; I do, by far, prefer the abilities you listed, as opposed to the alternative powers you mentioned.

In regards to Cataclysm, however, I do have an alternative idea in mind for the visuals for it, as I feel the "ground-spike" notion is, in my personal opinion, a bit tired, and have been used quite a lot. On top of that, I have trouble imagining how Typhus would generate the needed biological material to gnaw through the terrain, given he's reliant on his victims to regenerate the matter he dispensed in using the ability.

Typhus only uses the biomass of his victims to replenish his health and Armour, rather than wasting it on attacking. Basically all of his powers rely on Void Energy like every other Warframe. Think about it, he'd get locked into a negative cycle pretty quickly if he used his biomass for his attacks, just like you said. It would end up costing him more in the long run than he'd replenish with each attack. I appreciate the feed-back though.

Teqnologyque & RedSkittlez: Cheers for the explanations, and you're welcome in regards to the feedback; for how little of use it may have been. :)
I agree that if one considers Typhus utilizing Void Energy, the problem of negative feedback by way of his abilities vanishes entirely.

One thing that still lingers in my mind, however, is whether or not the healing aspects of "Devour" operates similarly to "Cannibalize Armor"?
That is to say "Cannibalize Armor" will, if I've understood it correctly, replenish or improve either his armour (improve only), shield, or health, dependant on his victim. In the latter two cases, if health or shields are already full, they are "merely" improved. If that is the case, do you imagine "Devour" operating on the same premise?
In regards to "Cannibalize Armor", do you mean improve as in increased quantity, and if so, is that quantity permanent (for the mission), or only until the excess amount is depleted? Or do you mean in terms of quality, i.e. health quantity, but armour and shield resistances?

I'm primarily concerned with what happens if his health is already full (in the case of Devour and Cataclysm). Seeing as all 3 abilities in some way apply a heal, what would that mean for the "power" of Devour and Cataclysm if part of the ability isn't needed? Does it affect his shield/armor as well, dependending on his victim? 

If you don't mind me espousing my immediate brain-fart on the matter:
Devour: Replenishes health or shield if possible (devours the available energy). If either is full, shield or health amount is exceeded, dependant on enemy type. In other words, Devour only distinguishes between biological/mechanical.

Cannibalize Armour: Replenishes either health or shield if possible. If either shields or health is full, it increases the quality of either (health by way of armour). The increase in resistance will be dependant on enemy-type beyond the binary "biological/mechanical" distinction when determining replenishment. In other words, it incorporates (cannibalizes) the type of armour the victim had. For example:

Enemy Type: Increased resistances upon cannibalization.
Corpus: Puncture, Heat, Corrosive, Blast.
Grineer: Slash, Electricity, Gas, Magnetic.
Infested: Impact, cold, Radiation, Viral.

Cataclysm: As you state, it rejuvenates him - so I take it you mean that it slowly replenishes over time, as the life essence of the victims are drained.

In any case, please do not misunderstand my suggestions as a criticism of your suggested abilities, I do very much like them as is. Merely throwing some ideas and questions, which I haven't been able to find an answer to in the thread, at you.

are typhus's legs mutated at all? are they enhanced/withered? do they posses any special properties?

Oh yeah man, they're like, totally mutated. They've got these weird things called feet, and they've got like, toes and sh*t. :P

Nah, they're probably as normal as any other Tenno's legs.

Teqnologyque & RedSkittlez: Cheers for the explanations, and you're welcome in regards to the feedback; for how little of use it may have been. :)

I agree that if one considers Typhus utilizing Void Energy, the problem of negative feedback by way of his abilities vanishes entirely........

We decided to make the power ideas as relatively simple as possible. It's up to the devs, whether they take our suggestions at the end of the day really, you know? All we can do is provide ideas. What we've listed is examples so far, we haven't really gone too in-depth. We're thinking on putting the improvements on a timer, as we feel that would be best for balance. All of Typhus' abilities are basically to improve his health or quickly heal him in combat. As an example, Devour is for a quick shot of health in a hectic fire-fight, Cannibalize Armour is to bolster his defenses, and Cataclysm is a Heal Over Time deal. The only raw damage power that Typhus has, that doesn't heal him, is Boiling Blood.

I'm not trying to offend, I do appreciate your ideas.

Edited by RedSkittlez