Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Greatest Latron Build

(PSN)Ant-EliteGamer

Question

Now everyone has that special weapon that you use for every occasion mine is the latron so for anyone else with a latron post your greatest build of the weapon prime or not and we'll go on from there.

Here is Imo my best build

The perfect Jacobs rifle

all mods maxed

serration

metal auger

piercing hit

rifle ammo mutation

point strike

vital sense

speed trigger

Fast hands

I tested this gun on lv 15 grineer and it works perfectly also them shield lancer might as well be regular grineer with just a pistol and a couple of head shots to a napalm should do the trick also tested it on the infested in the derelict over level 30 still worked perfectly.

The reason why it's called the perfect Jacobs rifle is because it deals out alot of damage and as well as the fact the it has no elemental damage just like the Jacobs in borderlands. Plus it can't kill higher level enemies with ease just like a Jacob like most people say the latron is not and endgame weapon.

so this build requires 3 formas and "a potato" it suggest putting serration in the slot that already on the weapon then metal auger should be the next the last two could be any of the 9 mods that are left over. You can just go for two formas and not worry about rifle ammo mutation for serration us the most important mod to max for this weapon imo.

alright then let's hear your best mod for the latron your opinion this is not facts it's just what you think is best.

14 answers to this question

That looks just like my build, except for two things. Rifle Ammo Mutation and Speed Trigger. Latron is very ammo efficient and I can't really tell a difference with or without Speed Trigger.

Drop those two mods and replace them with Radiation(Hellfire and Stormbringer) or Corrosive(Infected Clip and Stormbringer). It will help a lot with those pesky heavy units and their crazy armor.

Latron Prime, potato'd, 2 forma, all mods maxed:  Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Malignant Force, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, Fast Hands.

Can pull off 24,940 headshot crits per shot, meaning just under 50k damage with the multishot.  Turns the game into a point-and-click adventure, where each click removes an enemy!

Like everyone else is saying, elements are incredibly important. Remove Fast Hands and Metal Auger and replace them with elements of your choosing. You can put back Metal Auger if you remove Speed Trigger. If you click fast enough such that you benefit from increased speed, use Shred instead of Metal Auger. Like someone else already said, Rifle Ammo Mutation is entirely unnecessary. Replace it with Split Chamber. It's up to you whether or not to use Piercing Hit, but I'd advise against it as 30% more puncture isn't that great. Replace it with an element, Heavy Caliber, or a faction mod.

Of course, it's up to you, but you'll have to think about elements if you want to maximize damage.

Edited by Erwartz

I'm thinking of dropping piercing hit with infested clip but I don't have storm bringer yet plus I believe metal auger is very important for me because if an enemy is behind a wall I can just shoot the wall and it will hit them. I'll remove RAM for storm bringer when I get it but speed trigger and fast hands I'llkeep besides damage it would be nice to have a bit of support. Oh and I'm new to these forums so i didn't know where to put this topic at first

You should consider what Erwartz said and use Shred instead.  Shred gives punch-through and fire rate in a single, cheaper mod, although in lesser quantities than their single-type versions.  Instead of 2.1m punch-through and 60% fire rate at the cost of 24 capacity, you can use a max Shred for 1.2m punch-through (plenty for getting through light cover and multiple targets) and 30% fire rate for just 11 capacity.  Then you can use the slot and 13 capacity you saved for more customization.

Now everyone has that special weapon that you use for every occasion mine is the latron so for anyone else with a latron post your greatest build of the weapon prime or not and we'll go on from there.

Here is Imo my best build

The perfect Jacobs rifle

all mods maxed

serration

metal auger

piercing hit

rifle ammo mutation

point strike

vital sense

speed trigger

Fast hands

I tested this gun on lv 15 grineer and it works perfectly also them shield lancer might as well be regular grineer with just a pistol and a couple of head shots to a napalm should do the trick also tested it on the infested in the derelict over level 30 still worked perfectly.

The reason why it's called the perfect Jacobs rifle is because it deals out alot of damage and as well as the fact the it has no elemental damage just like the Jacobs in borderlands. Plus it can't kill higher level enemies with ease just like a Jacob like most people say the latron is not and endgame weapon.

so this build requires 3 formas and "a potato" it suggest putting serration in the slot that already on the weapon then metal auger should be the next the last two could be any of the 9 mods that are left over. You can just go for two formas and not worry about rifle ammo mutation for serration us the most important mod to max for this weapon imo.

alright then let's hear your best mod for the latron your opinion this is not facts it's just what you think is best.

imo this build looks rly..i´m rly sorry...cappy

probably highest dmg build 50% status, 7x crit dmg, 37,5% crit rate(fixed the crit rate cause i only have 2 forma in)

49866,2014021000009I6BTQ.jpg

I agree with you this build I have is only good against lower level enemies hence the name the perfect Jacobs rifle since alot of Jacobs rifles are c×appy in BL if I could get the right mods with what shred of luck I got after getting serration I would change this build into a napalm worse nightmare but being a solo player most of the time it does get pretty difficult to gather the right mods that and I would need to get some formas to make it more powerful buuut for now this will do. Thanks for the support

Serration

Split Chamber

Storm Bringer

Malignant Force

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Hammer Shot

Shred

1 Catalyst 1 Forma

39 impact

318 puncture

39 slash

537 corrosive

37.5% crit chance

6x crit damage

50% status

Dont know if this is the best build, but its definately better than a non crit build with puncture i tried

I dont have heavy cal, but shred can triple your damage in defense missions.

Edited by tfninja

For S#&$z+Giggles

AoE Latron Prime:

http://goo.gl/TTgi2s

~68% probability per trigger pull per target hit to activate either a Chain Lightning proc of 325 damage (that stuns temporarily) to surrounding targets, or release a gas cloud dealing 540 damage (that bypasses shields) over a few seconds to all enemies standing in it.

Edited by Darzk